LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Ryan Clark show Boldin the love and wishes him a happy goodbye.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/25/ryan-clark-is-glad-the-ravens-traded-anquan-boldin/

Kinda makes ya smile?
I still find it hard to believe that the Ravens let Anquan Boldin get away. Now Kaepernick has two receivers he can count on to catch that ball and get the first down. If just one of the other receivers can be counted on to stretch the field along with Davis, we've got ourselves a pretty impressive receiving corp next season.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for paperplanemedia.
Can't wait to finally see a WR that attacks the ball, knows how to use his body to get an advantage on defenders, and can make the tough catches in the middle!
[ Edited by paperplanemedia on Mar 25, 2013 at 10:23 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
f**k Ryan Clark
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Can't wait to finally see a WR that attacks the ball, knows how to use his body to get an advantage on defenders, and can make the tough catches in the middle!

I think we have two of those now. To me, it looks like Kaepernick will have two go-to guys in Boldin and Crabtree who can be counted on to make the catch and get the first down. They've got three possibilities for a receiver who can stretch the field on the edges and we know Davis can still stretch the field in the middle or on the edges from the TE position. Add LaMichael James into the mix as a Darrin Sproles type but faster and they really should have an impressive receiving corp next season. It should be fun to watch. If they bunch up some of those picks to add a couple of impact players on defense and add some depth to that D-line, you can see why ESPN has them at #2 in the power rankings and Vegas has them at 7-1 odds to go back to the Super Bowl.

Guess you forgot about Crabs.
do we need anyone from another team to tell us how good boldin is?

he OWNS us
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:

Um, if you say so. No need to go over this with you. IMO he doesn't do the 3 things I mentioned enough. I'm glad he's healthy though.
[ Edited by paperplanemedia on Mar 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM ]
I can think of one guy I want to see Boldin bang with. Wanna guess who?

Um, if you say so. No need to go over this with you. IMO he doesn't do the 3 things I mentioned enough. I'm glad he's healthy though.

Assuming Crabtree progresses from last season, he should be a stud in 2013. I would argue that he attacks the ball and makes tough catches over the middle with the best of them, but would agree that he can learn a lot from Boldin as to how to position himself advantageously over defenders to make receptions in tight quarters. I think having Boldin on this team will do just that, aid Crabtree and Vernon Davis in making those tough catches consistently. He will help us tremendously because all 3 guys have the bodies to do just this
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Mar 25, 2013 at 11:49 AM ]

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Assuming Crabtree progresses from last season, he should be a stud in 2013. I would argue that he attacks the ball and makes tough catches over the middle with the best of them, but would agree that he can learn a lot from Boldin as to how to position himself advantageously over defenders to make receptions in tight quarters. I think having Boldin on this team will do just that, aid Crabtree and Vernon Davis in making those tough catches consistently. He will help us tremendously because all 3 guys have the bodies to do just this

Agreed.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

I think the same with Crab, he obviously learned from Moss on getting separation and Boldin is going to show him how to be even more of a beast. Should be win.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I still find it hard to believe that the Ravens let Anquan Boldin get away. Now Kaepernick has two receivers he can count on to catch that ball and get the first down. If just one of the other receivers can be counted on to stretch the field along with Davis, we've got ourselves a pretty impressive receiving corp next season.

I think it was a calculated risk. Boldin has been a playmaker, but at 32, he may be on the declining side of his career. The Ravens couldn't afford him with all the holes they'd have to fill across the team - the WR position despite the loss of Boldin isn't (yet) their weakness.
Ryan Clark is just happy he doesn't have to get beat up by Boldin twice a year. Boldin will now focus the beat downs on Browner and Sherman.
cool, now we should trade for Ryan Clark
Share 49ersWebzone