LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Is Baalke waiting for Asomugha and Woodsons price to drop?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Probably an after the draft decision.

Still, Baalke always seems to surprise.
And to see what is available in the draft
I have a feeling Asomugha will be in a 49ers uniform this year , after the draft his price will go down considerably, once other teams snatch up CB's and make finding a Job a lot more difficult for him .....I'm sure we'll get him much cheaper ....if he wanted to play somewhere else, he would have signed by now
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
The secondary, IMO, was exposed when Justin went down in the Pats game and was NEVER the same. That's why we need to address DLine in a very big way in the draft. What happens if he goes down in game one and Ray Mac gets hurt?

That said, I think it could be a couple of things in play:

a). Trent is trying to clear cap room so he can sign one of them on a price that has been spoken about OR

b). He is just waiting them out as the market settles.

VERY tough call. It would be great to get both, Asso for 2+ years - and we'll just have to wait and see.

If there is any truth to the Victor Cruz pursuit, the 9ers have to be on hold for additional FAs until they figure what impact Cruz will have on the cap. The FO must already be reworking existing contracts to clear space.
Originally posted by Thunderthighs:
The secondary, IMO, was exposed when Justin went down in the Pats game and was NEVER the same. That's why we need to address DLine in a very big way in the draft. What happens if he goes down in game one and Ray Mac gets hurt?

a). Trent is trying to clear cap room so he can sign one of them on a price that has been spoken about OR

VERY tough call. It would be great to get both, Asso for 2+ years - and we'll just have to wait and see.

If there is any truth to the Victor Cruz pursuit, the 9ers have to be on hold for additional FAs until they figure what impact Cruz will have on the cap. The FO must already be reworking existing contracts to clear space.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by Thunderthighs:

April Fools Day Stuff ...I doubt we are serious about going after him
No need to make a move before the draft knowing they are willing to sign.
Tracy Porter signed with Oakland today & most likely since NO missed out on signing Porter they will go after Nnamdi.

I dont think we get either player we are capped out i think we are done shopping at least till the end of August when teams have to cut down to the 53 man roster.

I really hope we find a way to get another safety cant go into the season with Dahl as our starting Safety

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Tracy Porter signed with Oakland today & most likely since NO missed out on signing Porter they will go after Nnamdi.

I dont think we get either player we are capped out i think we are done shopping at least till the end of August when teams have to cut down to the 53 man roster.

I really hope we find a way to get another safety cant go into the season with Dahl as our starting Safety

WHERE do people get the idea that Dahl will start??? He was NOT signed to be a full time starter. He was signed for SPECIAL TEAMS, and an occasional spot start/relief if/when needed.

Get it out of your head - Dahl WILL NOT be the starter. Woodson et al will NOT be signing with the 49ers. They will draft their starting FS soon. Bank on THAT.
[ Edited by Beeker on Apr 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM ]
We don't need old players ..I'd rather see rookies get playing time N become stars ...

It is getting easier to see who we will draft, with Anquan, Colt McCoy, Asoumougha....we just went thru SS/CB, WR, backup Qb, PK. We still nee another CB/S, WR, and DL & OT.It is amazing to see how baalke does all this stuff. wow! It does make it easier to see we need a CB, DL, OT. That means that baalke filled a lot of holes in FA. Good on trent and jim H.
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
Woodson going to be next.
Originally posted by Dapro:
Woodson going to be next.

I have a feeling he will be a 49er too ...he will be signed to a contract similiar to the one Asomugha did ......were going into the draft with very little holes to fix , and 13 picks to plug em with ...I can see us stockpiling picks for next year
Right now they don't have enough space under the cap to sign their draft picks. The big question at this point is: where will that money come from? Woodsons future with us may depend on how much we can get someone to restructure for.
I dont think baalke waited for nnamdis price to drop i think he was put on layaway
Share 49ersWebzone