There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Favorite single game performance by a 49er player?

Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Man, is that an accurate post. To a lesser extent, Joe used Dwight Clark a lot in the same manner, except Joe kept throwing the ball low and making Dwight slide to catch it. Not as dangerous as high over the middle, but dangerous in it's own right.

It's interesting that you mention that, Beeker. Putting aside that image that people in Botswana are familiar with, Clark sliding on his left thigh/knee toward the sideline has got to be the iconic image of "Dwight Clark in action." I wrote "interesting" earlier because I really mean that. I had always assumed that the low ball to Clark was something that they worked out together. I'm tempted to say that I remember reading something to that effect in the Mercury News, but I really can't say that with any certainty. It really is a pity that those columns and news stories are wasting away on microfiche. They'd be a fun read.

Oh, absolutely it was their "thing". Go back and watch some of those games - Joe knew EXACTLY where he was throwing that ball - so only Dwight would have a play on it. It's why DC was so great on 3rd down ... he'd get 2 yards passed the marker, turn left, head for the sideline, start to slide, and BOOM! there was the ball!
Originally posted by VDSF:
goal line stand vs the eagles

Goal line stand vs. the Bengals in SB XVI
  • VDSF
  • Veteran

https
[ Edited by Beeker on Mar 22, 2013 at 8:03 PM ]
Some other great ones not mentioned: Aldon vs. Bears 2012, Justin Smith vs. Saints 2011 playoffs and @STL 2009, Julian Peterson vs. KC 2002, Tony Parrish @Philly 2003, Zack Bronson @Indy 2001, Dashon Goldson vs. AZ 2009, Troy Smith vs. STL 2010, Bryant Young vs. Rams 2005, Carlos Rogers vs. NYG 2011 regular season, Tim Rattay vs. Pit 2003, Patrick Willis vs. TB 2007
[ Edited by kap2crab on Mar 22, 2013 at 8:10 PM ]

https

The goal line stand against the Bengals has more meaning because that sealed the our first Lombardi.
Another one is the Montana drive vs. the Bengals in the '89 Super Bowl cumulating to the Montana to Taylor for the game winner.
Gale Sayers...oops...you mean the greatest 9er one game performance? Or greatest performance in a 9er game?
Originally posted by kap2crab:
Some other great ones not mentioned: Aldon vs. Bears 2012, Justin Smith vs. Saints 2011 playoffs and @STL 2009, Julian Peterson vs. KC 2002, Tony Parrish @Philly 2003, Zack Bronson @Indy 2001, Dashon Goldson vs. AZ 2009, Troy Smith vs. STL 2010, Bryant Young vs. Rams 2005, Carlos Rogers vs. NYG 2011 regular season, Tim Rattay vs. Pit 2003, Patrick Willis vs. TB 2007

Actually, the bold ones have been mentioned. But thanks!
Originally posted by robniner:

https

The goal line stand against the Bengals has more meaning because that sealed the our first Lombardi.

Hence, why it is in my top 5 all time favorites.

Dan Bunz
[ Edited by Beeker on Mar 22, 2013 at 8:23 PM ]

Actually, the bold ones have been mentioned. But thanks!

Hmm, Aldon and Troy were, but were Willis and Rattay?

Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Anybody remember Tim Rattay torching the Steelers on MNF??? ...He looked like the next great 49ers QB in that game

Originally posted by modninerfan:
that reminds me of Patrick Willis 18 or 19 tackle performance against Tampa Bay in 07... dude was all over the place.

Anybody remember Tim Rattay torching the Steelers on MNF??? ...He looked like the next great 49ers QB in that game

that reminds me of Patrick Willis 18 or 19 tackle performance against Tampa Bay in 07... dude was all over the place.

oops

oops

No worries, brah! Just givin ya crap....
Steve young's run against the vikings!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home