There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Favorite single game performance by a 49er player?

Originally posted by modninerfan:
Since I started watching this team.

Gores 200 yard games against the Seahawks
Alex Smith vs Saints
Vernon Davis vs Saints
Kaepernick vs Bears
Kaepernick Packers
Frank Gore vs Lions - 2006 - that was a helluva run

God damn Frank was so good in 2006

I would like to put VD's performance vs the Texans but we lost.

WOW

Watching that video actually makes me kind of sad. Gore has definitely lost a step. Still a great power runner, but he has lost some of the elusiveness that you see in this video.

Truly a 49er great!
Aldon Smith vs Steelers on MNF
Most memorable scene in a game is the Deion Sanders-Andre Rison scuffle in the '94 meeting at the Georgia Dome.

The most peed off moment is the Giants playing dirty in the '91 NFC Championship which resulted in Joe getting hurt, and missing the very next season; the ceiling fell after that with the Craig fumble and Cofer miss FG.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Cooper22:
It's not my favorite, but definitely should be mentioned..

Aldon Smith's 5.5 sack game against the Bears last year was probably one of the most dominating performances I've ever seen from a pass rusher

I was just gonna mention that game. Might be the most dominant defensive performance for a single niner player ever.

A couple that rank right up there are from the year that started the dynasty, 1981...in his first game with the 49ers, Fred Dean terrorized Danny White ALL game, sacked him at least 3 times. That 45-14 win put the Niners on the map.

Then later that year in Nov, 49ers went to Pittsburgh...close game Niners won 17-14, but the way they beat the crap out of the Steelers sent a message. Carlton Williamson alone knocked 2 or 3 receivers out of the game.
i think alex smith vs the saints last year was my favorite. that was the most intense game ive seen in an extremely long time
Originally posted by robniner:
Most memorable scene in a game is the Deion Sanders-Andre Rison scuffle in the '94 meeting at the Georgia Dome.

The most peed off moment is the Giants playing dirty in the '91 NFC Championship which resulted in Joe getting hurt, and missing the very next season; the ceiling fell after that with the Craig fumble and Cofer miss FG.

i never understood the concept of punching each others helmets sure as hell was funny though.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Jerry Rice - Super Bowl XXIII MVP performance

John Taylor - Two 90+ TDs vs the Rams on MNF

Joe Montana & Jerry Rice - 5 TDs vs Falcons, 1990

Steve Young - Super Bowl XXIX, 6 TD passes

Terrell Owens - 20+ receptions in a single game (Jerry Rice's final in a 49er uniform at home) vs the Bears

Jeff Garcia - Wild Card playoff comeback against the Giants

Alex Smith - Divisional win vs the Saints

Colin Kaepernick - NFCDG win vs the Packers

For me its these two.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

i never understood the concept of punching each others helmets sure as hell was funny though.

Rison was just mad Deion punked him LOL
My top 10, in order of love (it's an embarrassingly QB slanted list, but whatever) :

1) Montana '89 SuperBowl
2) Montana and Rice in '88 SuperBowl
3) Montana in '84 SuperBowl
4) Young in '94 Superbowl
5) Montana in Philly in '89
6) Young in '98 wildcard round vs Green Bay
7) Smith in divisional round vs NO in '11
8) Garcia in wildcard round vs Giants in '02
9) Kaep in Divisional Round last year vs Green Bay
10) Rice vs Atlanta '90

The best part about it was he took one back 99 yards for TD the next play.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

The best part about it was he took one back 99 yards for TD the next play.

Originally posted by Beeker:
Rison was just mad Deion punked him LOL

^^^^^
Not a single game performance, but a career performance.

I've always had a soft spot for poor Brent Jones. Throughout his career, Young would get excited and throw high over the middle to Jones. If there was any justice in this world, Young would be serving 379 consecutive life sentences for attempted murder. But Jones dutifully went up there, frequently paid a horrible price, and brought the ball down with some of the softest hands to ever play the game.
Or Jerry Rice's 1st half with Kansas City QB Elvis Grbac lighting up the eventual champs Dallas
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Not a single game performance, but a career performance.

I've always had a soft spot for poor Brent Jones. Throughout his career, Young would get excited and throw high over the middle to Jones. If there was any justice in this world, Young would be serving 379 consecutive life sentences for attempted murder. But Jones dutifully went up there, frequently paid a horrible price, and brought the ball down with some of the softest hands to ever play the game.

Man, is that an accurate post. To a lesser extent, Joe used Dwight Clark a lot in the same manner, except Joe kept throwing the ball low and making Dwight slide to catch it. Not as dangerous as high over the middle, but dangerous in it's own right.
Originally posted by Beeker:
Man, is that an accurate post. To a lesser extent, Joe used Dwight Clark a lot in the same manner, except Joe kept throwing the ball low and making Dwight slide to catch it. Not as dangerous as high over the middle, but dangerous in it's own right.

It's interesting that you mention that, Beeker. Putting aside that image that people in Botswana are familiar with, Clark sliding on his left thigh/knee toward the sideline has got to be the iconic image of "Dwight Clark in action." I wrote "interesting" earlier because I really mean that. I had always assumed that the low ball to Clark was something that they worked out together. I'm tempted to say that I remember reading something to that effect in the Mercury News, but I really can't say that with any certainty. It really is a pity that those columns and news stories are wasting away on microfiche. They'd be a fun read.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home