LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 360 users in the forums

49ers accepting Punt Rerurner applications

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Where can i get an application?

Oh the irony! With a handle like that the last thing you'll be asked to do is return punts.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Where can i get an application?

Oh the irony! With a handle like that the last thing you'll be asked to do is return punts.

Yeah. I think my handle is best suited for the job.

Do it, Balke!
runt rerurner? ruh roh raggy!!!
Originally posted by ninermedic:
runt rerurner? ruh roh raggy!!!

LMFAO!!!! Scooby-snacks!
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Ginn was another player that I felt held us back from seeing what we had in our younger players. I really liked Owusu and even with his concussion history I felt they should've taken a shot with him. Hope we don't handcuff any other guys by keeping injury prone guys on the roster.

Ginn was like a rock back there on punt returns. After years of horrible returners, Ginn was the best thing we had, and was part of our team's success over the past two years. You would think he fumbled the ball 4 or 5 times a year, based on how much the fans turned on him this season, but he only muffed one single punt in two years, and lost the airmailed handoff from Kaepernick a couple weeks later. Fans are so fickle.

This is true but wasn't true last year. I think he was injured to start the season (correct me if I'm wrong) and he has never been a good WR (no need to correct me here) so with that said not only was he ineffective as a punt returner he was also taking away playing time from other WRs. They should've done something a lot sooner in order get someone else prepared to take on his roles.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrodieToKwalick:
Somebody give Bruce Taylor (#44 in your hearts) a ring. Check him out on You Tube sometime. Great return man.
he never was the cornerback star they hoped he would be. people right away started to compare him to jimmy johnson which was unfair to bruce. but back then with the gold rush, it made our secondarys job easier
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Psinex:
Ginn was like a rock back there on punt returns. After years of horrible returners, Ginn was the best thing we had, and was part of our team's success over the past two years. You would think he fumbled the ball 4 or 5 times a year, based on how much the fans turned on him this season, but he only muffed one single punt in two years, and lost the airmailed handoff from Kaepernick a couple weeks later. Fans are so fickle.

no ,, its reality . he was garbage last year. how many times did he just run out of bounds with a punt, how many times did he back away on a bonehead play and let it bounce done to the goal line.. he lost his kickoff job. aside from the one good punt return he did in the super bowl, i can not remember any thing he did. good riddance. kyle will do fine, marlon , if he makes the team, could be a great return man and i am sure we will get someone in the draft who can return punts as well
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by ninerfan1984:
someone said it earlier but i will say it again two words:

First Word: Tavon
Second Word: Austin

Now your turn!!!

First word: F#CK
Second word: YEAH

First word: Ace
Second word: Sanders
Third word: CHEAPER

Tavon Will go top 12-15 IMO, and it's not cost effective to move up that far.
Originally posted by Beeker:

Now your turn!!!

I believe it is we have 14 picks
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by Beeker:

Now your turn!!!

I believe it is we have 14 picks

True. It is a possibility, it's just not very probable. Not how this FO operates.

Having said that, it's probably EXACTLY what will happen
[ Edited by Beeker on Mar 22, 2013 at 3:36 PM ]

Remember Perrish Cox is an option as well. Kyle Williams will be the starting PR, but if he goes down, LMJ, Cox, and a rookie will have been competing for the #2 spot.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
FREE COX!
Originally posted by Wodwo:
FREE COX!

Share 49ersWebzone