LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

A Look at the dreaded 2015 offseason (WebZone exclusive)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by KID9R:
Isn't the salary-cap supposed to take a pretty big jump in a couple years when the new TV deal comes in?

Supposed to, but the way the talk is, it wont until 2016, which is complete BS. It used to go up my 7M a year, now flat, 1M at most. complete bs. CBA decided nothing. NFL needs to hold up their end of the agreement.

I agree, If they don't it could end up being a really ugly negotiation when this CBA is up
Isn't the salary-cap supposed to take a pretty big jump in a couple years when the new TV deal comes in?

Supposed to, but the way the talk is, it wont until 2016, which is complete BS. It used to go up my 7M a year, now flat, 1M at most. complete bs. CBA decided nothing. NFL needs to hold up their end of the agreement.

I agree, If they don't it could end up being a really ugly negotiation when this CBA is up

I think the FO has a plan to keep kicking the can down the road for as long as possible until they get into more friendly cap territory (higher cap limit).
Now you know why Trent is picking and choosing his spending; what lies ahead in the coming years.

I hope those criticizing him can finally understand.
Originally posted by robniner:
Now you know why Trent is picking and choosing his spending; what lies ahead in the coming years.

Those who don't understand probably never will no matter what.

Agreed. People need to quit hating on Baalke for the signings, we don't have the luxury of having cap space out our ass like Tampa, and Cincy and Cleveland each year. We have a solid team, we wont lose much without Delanie, Dashon, RJF and Sopoaga, we will get back up, play our hearts out and compete for a Super Bowl again.

I get sick of the Baalke knows what he is doing, he is the GM for a reason, he isn't stupid like MCclueless, who spent and spent for no reason. This isn't The Yorks being cheap, this is being smart. The cap is flat, we need to worry about Kap, Aldon, Crabs, Iupati and Anthony in 2015, and hope Justin comes back.

2020 is when it is up, so no lockout thankfully. But they need higher cap spaces. No more flat cap. NFL has enough money already, spread the revenue around, and give us more money for our players. Thankfully there is a spending minimum limit. 89.6% must be spent of the teams cap.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

2020 is when it is up, so no lockout thankfully. But they need higher cap spaces. No more flat cap. NFL has enough money already, spread the revenue around, and give us more money for our players. Thankfully there is a spending minimum limit. 89.6% must be spent of the teams cap.

Do you run Niner Caphell? If you do I have some constructive criticism about the new layout. I really liked it before when you could sort by Player position, Alphabetical and year he was signed until, ect. I'm not sure if that's coming or not, I can see that it's making progress each time I go on.

Agreed. People need to quit hating on Baalke for the signings, we don't have the luxury of having cap space out our ass like Tampa, and Cincy and Cleveland each year. We have a solid team, we wont lose much without Delanie, Dashon, RJF and Sopoaga, we will get back up, play our hearts out and compete for a Super Bowl again.

I get sick of the Baalke knows what he is doing, he is the GM for a reason, he isn't stupid like MCclueless, who spent and spent for no reason. This isn't The Yorks being cheap, this is being smart. The cap is flat, we need to worry about Kap, Aldon, Crabs, Iupati and Anthony in 2015, and hope Justin comes back.

I know this is about the Niners, but speaking of McClueless, do you think his offseason moves will screw Seattle in a couple years or will they be able to work it out? Hopefully the off season championship they just won will send them into cap hell.

Do you run Niner Caphell? If you do I have some constructive criticism about the new layout. I really liked it before when you could sort by Player position, Alphabetical and year he was signed until, ect. I'm not sure if that's coming or not, I can see that it's making progress each time I go on.

yes I do run NCH. I am working on an idea, I have a webzoner who I will be talking with on AIM soon, we are gonna develop a new design, with sortable tables, and such.
Hope gore retires after this year. He's getting old and slow.

The guy's a G, and I wish he didnt take such a beating in his first few seasons. I have a lot of respect for him, and I want him to retire a niner. it's okay to hang it up with pride.

Originally posted by 49erRider:

I know this is about the Niners, but speaking of McClueless, do you think his offseason moves will screw Seattle in a couple years or will they be able to work it out? Hopefully the off season championship they just won will send them into cap hell.

They seem to be going all in. Giving out big deals to Harvin is a mistake, Avril is a good DE, but still a nice sized deal. They will have headaches also. Earl Thomas, Brandon Browner, and Richard Sherman will need extensions same as our guys, plus Wilson. So they have cap issues to worry about in future, around same time as us.
Originally posted by xtm059:
Hope gore retires after this year. He's getting old and slow.

The guy's a G, and I wish he didnt take such a beating in his first few seasons. I have a lot of respect for him, and I want him to retire a niner. it's okay to hang it up with pride.

Gore was the guy I wanted to win the ring for, he has been here for everything that has been wrong. He was drafted in the 05 draft, viewed as a reach when drafted, and has proven he is and was a great RB. Just need a ring and he can retire, then hire him as a RB coach with Rathman.
Originally posted by Beeker:
For those players deemed necessary for long term continued success (Kaep, Crabs, Iupati, Davis, etc.) they will make all the right moves so they stay with the 49ers. Some popular 49ers will go, as well as some unpopular ones. (Gore, Rogers)

Who in the holy f**k is calling Gore an unpopular player?
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Who in the holy f**k is calling Gore an unpopular player?

No one. He was given as an example of a popular player who may be let go.

Some popular 49ers will go, as well as some unpopular ones.
AB83, what's the forecast for seattle down the road? i hope they're f**ked
Share 49ersWebzone