There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

K Phil Dawson

Originally posted by English:
only a few percentage points better than Akers, then?!

I bet he ends up in training camp against either a couple of UDFAs or a 7th round pick. It aint over.

In the same way that Steve Nash is only a "few percentage points" better as a free throw shooter than Dwight Howard.
Originally posted by kentc1978:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Cause tha 2 or 3+ million a yr for a kicker is a waste in my eyes I'd rather let a rookie like Hopkins start N pay him millions less ...only way any rookies get better is by playing time N I rather give them chances then overpriced players...

Are those two Ram games worth 2M-3M a year?

Really them gamez didn't matter we're still in playoffs N got bye week N went on to Superbowl so nope them gamez in my eyes ain't worth 2-3 million bet ill be catching alot sh*t now lol
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Arguably bigger than LeBron leaving Cleveland

he's taking his talents to North Beach
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
did we pick him up/Cut end of last year

He's been with the Browns his entire career. Career FG accuracy of 84%.....hit for almost 94% last season. Seely is quite familiar with him.

damn ..i can't remember who was it that we picked up...

Billy Cundiff
I still think we draft a kicker. I'm stoked we have Dawson for next season though. Find a nice kicker in the draft to come along under a vet.
I like it Dawson is a solid kicker and this gives us stability at the position instead of hoping we hit on one in the draft.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
A Kicker is definitely a good place to put major $$ into. Great use of resources Baalke!

Hoping that's not sarcasm.

How soon people forgot how much harder Akers made it for our team.
Originally posted by ivanm05:
I still think we draft a kicker. I'm stoked we have Dawson for next season though. Find a nice kicker in the draft to come along under a vet.

There's absolutely no chance in hell that they keep 2 kickers on the roster or even tie up a practice squad spot with a kicker. You simply don't develop kickers beyond bringing the same guy back, preseason after preseason to "compete." Dawson will go up against Tavecchio and some other undrafted guy such as Zach Brown.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 19, 2013 at 2:06 PM ]
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
A Kicker is definitely a good place to put major $$ into. Great use of resources Baalke!

Hoping that's not sarcasm.

How soon people forgot how much harder Akers made it for our team.

It came off as though it was sarcasm, but I mean it. I'm stoked
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by English:
only a few percentage points better than Akers, then?!

I bet he ends up in training camp against either a couple of UDFAs or a 7th round pick. It aint over.

In the same way that Steve Nash is only a "few percentage points" better as a free throw shooter than Dwight Howard.


You did see the ! I take it?
Same age as Akers. Dawson has a higher career accuracy percentage. 84% to Akers 81%. I'll take it as long as it didn't cost much.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by English:
only a few percentage points better than Akers, then?!

I bet he ends up in training camp against either a couple of UDFAs or a 7th round pick. It aint over.

In the same way that Steve Nash is only a "few percentage points" better as a free throw shooter than Dwight Howard.


You did see the ! I take it?

No, they didn't and no, they don't understand sarcasm very well, either.
  • kush
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,719
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Phil Dawson finished tied for second in FG percentage in 2012 (93.5%). David Akers finished 30th in the same category (69%)


only a few percentage points better than Akers, then?!

I bet he ends up in training camp against either a couple of UDFAs or a 7th round pick. It aint over.
LOL
Originally posted by English:
You did see the ! I take it?

Is that internet lingo for sarcasm or what?
I like it, it will be nice not having to cover my eyes every time we kick a field goal.