There are 168 users in the forums

K Phil Dawson

Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
BUMP. did any one see the tweet about a seahawk asking phil dawson to sign his seahawk lanyard and dawson threw it bahahahaha. silly seacock fans haha.

There's that class Jeds looking for.

Class is totally irrelevant in this situation. Dawson was simply doing the right thing, punking a stupid seacawk bandwagon fan and it was awesome. In fact the dude trying to get an autograph looks to be laughing himself LOL.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I noted this in my Team Needs thread:

PK - We could use a rookie to challenge Phil Dawson in camp as we could save $3,134,000 if we cut Dawson with only $1M in dead-money.
P - We could use a rookie to challenge Andy Lee in camp as we could save $1,550,000 if we cut Lee with only $1M in dead-money.

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/180887-2015-team-needs/#tUGTMV3SUVJmgiWf.99

I think they should have Dawson restructure because 4.1 or whatever he will make is way too much. I could see us cutting him and saving 3.134 mil but we do have a lot of cap so it might not be necessary unless we want to squeeze aldon's extension in there and front load it to eat up the rest of our cap this year. As for Lee I said a year or so back he would have to restructure in the next few years. He is fine at like 2.5-3 but I think he jumps up to 3.5-4 pretty soon. Honestly, he isn't what he use to be especially last year but then again neither was the coverage unit. I know he is a long time 9er but I could live with someone else if we really needed the money but we wont this year but could next year. Hopefully it doesn't come to that and Dawson restructures this year and Lee does so this year or next year.
Originally posted by captveg:
BTW, the Dawson story Tomsula told in this video is pretty great. http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/49ers-Winter-Fest-2015-Jim-Tomsulas-Chalk-Talk/dd1bb388-753a-46bd-8cfa-514f27bca1a5

Ya....that was awesome. LOL.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by crake49:
LOL at people reading into that exchange to any degree further than a fan and a player having a laugh. Sheesh

Right. Almost hate to point this out, but they're both laughing. Relax, everyone.

i wish dawson would have spit at him

Why stop at spitting? He should have signed the lanyard, then strangled him with it.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
BTW, the Dawson story Tomsula told in this video is pretty great. http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/49ers-Winter-Fest-2015-Jim-Tomsulas-Chalk-Talk/dd1bb388-753a-46bd-8cfa-514f27bca1a5

Ya....that was awesome. LOL.

That's hilarious, man tomsula is a funny guy. He seems like he is already getting better with the speaking part.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
That's hilarious, man tomsula is a funny guy. He seems like he is already getting better with the speaking part.

Have to agree.
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman 31m31 minutes ago

Kicker Phil Dawson, voted by coaches as #49ers MVP (Bill Walsh Award), accounted for 92 of the team's league-low 238 points.

MVP MVP MVP MVP
  • thl408
Wow that is sad. Props to Phil, but when the placekicker is the MVP, everyone on offense should punch themselves in the nuts.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman 31m31 minutes ago

Kicker Phil Dawson, voted by coaches as #49ers MVP (Bill Walsh Award), accounted for 92 of the team's league-low 238 points.

MVP MVP MVP MVP

He accounted for 39% of our offense lol. Great kicker - too bad he'll probably be playing elsewhere next year.
Coaches kinda owning their terribleness in an ass backwards way there, LOL.

Originally posted by thl408:
Wow that is sad. Props to Phil, but when the placekicker is the MVP, everyone on offense should punch themselves in the nuts.

Didn't akers win it a few years ago lol
  • thl408

Was it in 2011 when Akers was ballin? If so, it should have been Gore.

Was it in 2011 when Akers was ballin? If so, it should have been Gore.

Hmm guess Akers didn't win it

although the last K to win the Bill Walsh award was Joe Nedney in 2005
Congrats to Phil.

unfortunately, the season was such a disaster didn't pay much attention to field goals.

But, good work guy!!!
We need to keep Dawson. He's automatic on extra points and almost all field goals as well. He had two blocked but he really only missed one kick I believe. That's awesome considering we need our kicker to do well because our offense sucks
Share 49ersWebzone