LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 137 users in the forums

K Phil Dawson

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
he will probably restructure

Add another yr or 2 n bring his cap # down
I noted this in my Team Needs thread:

PK - We could use a rookie to challenge Phil Dawson in camp as we could save $3,134,000 if we cut Dawson with only $1M in dead-money.
P - We could use a rookie to challenge Andy Lee in camp as we could save $1,550,000 if we cut Lee with only $1M in dead-money.

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/180887-2015-team-needs/#tUGTMV3SUVJmgiWf.99
Slightly off track but where do you guys think the alabama punter will be drafted when he declares? Dude can be a gamechanger. I wouldn't mind us spending a draft pick on him.
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
Anyone think Dawson will be cut? He is due about $4.1 million and is coming off a 25 for 31 season from FG. Might he take a pay cut?

Thoughts?

I would think restructure is the first option. Hopefully he'd be willing.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
Anyone think Dawson will be cut? He is due about $4.1 million and is coming off a 25 for 31 season from FG. Might he take a pay cut?

Thoughts?

I would think restructure is the first option. Hopefully he'd be willing.

Well technically he isn't under contract for 2016, so it would be probably be a pay cut.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
How much would it cost to cut him now?

I think we can find someone younger who will grow w/the team..

if not, then leave him alone, and use a 2nd rounder on FSU's (Arguayo) in next year's draft..
Originally posted by Turbo49:
Slightly off track but where do you guys think the alabama punter will be drafted when he declares? Dude can be a gamechanger. I wouldn't mind us spending a draft pick on him.

Not off track at all, I remember watching him during the college playoffs and thinking dang...that's a secret weapon. I say a 5th or 6th easy
The Florida State Kicker? Aguayo?
Originally posted by NCommand:

PK - We could use a rookie to challenge Phil Dawson in camp as we could save $3,134,000 if we cut Dawson with only $1M in dead-money.
P - We could use a rookie to challenge Andy Lee in camp as we could save $1,550,000 if we cut Lee with only $1M in dead-money.

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/180887-2015-team-needs/#tUGTMV3SUVJmgiWf.99

cut andy lee?!? you shut your god damn mouth!
49ers should CUT 40 year old Dawson. He's lost his power and was erratic last year at 39 and expensive.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
49ers should CUT 40 year old Dawson. He's lost his power and was erratic last year at 39 and expensive.

not till you know you got a good replacement,,,, we have been down this road to many times
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
Originally posted by NCommand:

cut andy lee?!? you shut your god damn mouth!

LMAO. I said challenge man, challenge. Ha
Originally posted by cciowa:
not till you know you got a good replacement,,,, we have been down this road to many times

a rookie FA would be a fraction of the cost and just as effective. Dude Dawson missed a LOT last year and is EXPENSIVE. Not worth the $3 to $4 mil he's scheduled for.
Originally posted by Elrossoneri:
The Florida State Kicker? Aguayo?

I was going to ask who the top 2-3 College kickers were. I think I remember him being mentioned - who else?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Cut him and Andy Lee then replace them with rugby players
Share 49ersWebzone