There are 180 users in the forums

K Phil Dawson

Great game vs Chiefs... those 50+ yrd field goals where the difference we needed to win
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
I don't know why everyone's freaking out. It was one kick. It's not like he's kicking 70%. (Yes, I know it's technically 0%). But, like I said, it's one kick. And a mostly meaningless kick too.

because we are Niner fans, and if you are paying attention there has been a trend. We sign a really old kicker who actually has about 2 good seasons left...and then he spirals into oblivion quickly...we suffer through that for several games and then move on to the next old kicker.

How about this assessment now? I told you not to worry. It was one game. Basing judgments off one game, a game we won by the way, is ludicrous. And looking for parallels between Akers and Dawson is just funny. Akers in his second season with us actually started off with a bang, tying a then-record 63 yarder in San Francisco, then fell off the planet.

So what have we learned? Dawson is not Akers.

Ditto
we need to give this guy a 450 page thread. this is the guy that's winning us games with consistency and professionalism. we need to start speculating on what kind of shoe laces he's using. and what meteorology reports he's reading the day of the game. and whether he needs some Pepto Bismol after that Wednesday afternoon pizza. this is the man. Phil Dawson. he is the reason anyone is talking about the San Francisco 49ers. The main reason. I know people thinks I'm joking. But I am not joking.
11/11 at home
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
we need to give this guy a 450 page thread. this is the guy that's winning us games with consistency and professionalism. we need to start speculating on what kind of shoe laces he's using. and what meteorology reports he's reading the day of the game. and whether he needs some Pepto Bismol after that Wednesday afternoon pizza. this is the man. Phil Dawson. he is the reason anyone is talking about the San Francisco 49ers. The main reason. I know people thinks I'm joking. But I am not joking.
what does winning with professionalism exactly mean? this is not f**king oprah, this is the nfl, we give no quarter and we take no quarter. we have won tough smash mouth games because we imposed our will on the last two teams,, that is what the niners do. not five wide out sets running the f**king annexation of puerto rico all over gods green earth,, in terms of "consistency" we have been very consistent in the last two games after a 1-2 start. its a team game, dawson has been huge but no more so than perrish cox or frank gore or ck making 0 mistakes yesterday
not suggesting CK played a consistent game are you? In in the 30 seconds of highlights I saw he overthrew Boldin and had almost a pic. Frank of course I will give you. but the rest of our off and seems highly inconsistent even though we're winning. listen to me. if it wasn't for 3 50 yard field goals we would be one and four right now. that is the truth. the inconvenient truth
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Oct 6, 2014 at 4:17 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
not suggesting CK played a consistent game are you? In in the 30 seconds of highlights I saw he overthrew Boldin and had almost a pic. Frank of course I will give you. but the rest of our off and seems highly inconsistent even though we're winning. listen to me. if it wasn't for 3 50 yard field goals we would be one and four right now. that is the truth. the inconvenient truth
he also threw a perfect ball to johnson , ran for a couple of first downs, never made a turnover..you do know this is exactly the same type of formula we had when JH first took over. sure i want more touchdowns, sure roman is a mongoloid,, but if we can score one or two touchdowns and get a bunch of field goals while our defense holds teams to under 20 points, what is the problem. a game is not 30 seconds of highlights. to judge ck based upon 30 seconds of highlights is illogical
I suppose I should be grateful that he didn't overthrow Johnson. let's stop talking about the cap. let's talk about Phil the man its the old farts that are carrying this team.. Antoine Phil Frank Patrick Justin Anquan Stevie
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Oct 6, 2014 at 5:35 PM ]
He's gonna break Akers' record for most FGs in a season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I suppose I should be grateful that he didn't overthrow Johnson. let's stop talking about the cap. let's talk about Phil the man its the old farts that are carrying this team.. Antoine Phil Frank Patrick Justin Anquan Stevie

where do we get this idea that stevie johnson is old? you got guys like hyde, reid, cox,lynch, bowman and smith when they come back. can we please stop acting like the niners are over the hill and down in the valley. good god. after 1-2, i am thrilled to see the team right this ship,even if it involves a bunch of field goals, and get us back in the hunt. i would think most fans would be to

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He's gonna break Akers' record for most FGs in a season.
if that is what it takes to get us back to the nfc title game, who cares
Why are you so grouchy aboit phil? He is going to kick us to the NFC title game.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
MVP
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Why are you so grouchy aboit phil? He is going to kick us to the NFC title game.

and we will not have kyle williams to blow the game for us,, we still may have roman but we all have our crosses to bear
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fropwns:
MVP

no, right now gire is i think, dawson just saves romans job in my opinion just like akers did for a while
Share 49ersWebzone