There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

K Phil Dawson

Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Chris Biderman ‏@ChrisBiderman now
Phil Dawson on wind patterns in Levi's: "Honestly, I don't know if I'm going to have that place figured out any time soon."

Perhaps the kicking game will be a significant advantage for us this year. Once Dawson (one of the very best) gets it figured out, we are good. The wind might significantly affect other kickers game though...!

except denvers kickers didnt miss s**t
The miss didn't matter in this game, but he needs to get his head right. Kind of a crappy preseason, and the miss today was pretty s**tty for a guy that has made kicks like that look automatic. Hopefully he figures it out.
Still better than Akers imo
he needs to cut this s**t out. it's not cute
It doesn't take long for a kicker to lose it and Akers has definitely lost it. We need to find a replacement quick.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
He's old.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
It doesn't take long for a kicker to lose it and Akers has definitely lost it. We need to find a replacement quick.
Exactly! As you've cleverly pointed out, Akers went from one of the best kickers in the league to a pile of crap overnight. You know know! I'm pretty sure Akers was dealing with a groin injury all of that season though, so I have more faith that Dawson will turn it around.
Akers 2.0
way too soon to complain guys. Overall he has been great for us.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

we cannot have our FG kicker missing those types of FG's. we aren't going to have the luxury of 18 point leads every game
I only trust Dawson kicking extra points, and even that is sketchy. If the preseason rule for extra points were active this season, I would go for 2 after every TD.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

To be fair, he's been great about the same amount of time Akers was great...and actually, it was the 2012 season-opener in GB that he made the 63-yarder, and it went downhill really fast after that. So at least he was great 1 game into his second season.

Seriously though, I wouldn't start saying Dawson is going Akers just yet, but he wasn't good in preaseason, that was a horrible kick today, so it's not overreacting for one to say they're at least concerned.
I'm guessing this might be his last season with the 49ers.
Worst part of missing the kick was that it was indoors and only from 37 yards out.
not that big of a deal. Less fantasy points for my opponent