LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

K Phil Dawson

Originally posted by crabman82:
Chris Biderman ‏@ChrisBiderman now
Phil Dawson on wind patterns in Levi's: "Honestly, I don't know if I'm going to have that place figured out any time soon."

Well that is certainly reassuring.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Phil Dawson on wind patterns in Levi's: "Honestly, I don't know if I'm going to have that place figured out any time soon."

What are the Overdramatica brothers up to?
  • Baldie
  • Veteran

I can't recall how far the Bronco's FG's were but they made their kicks. What the heck?!?!
Originally posted by Baldie:

I can't recall how far the Bronco's FG's were but they made their kicks. What the heck?!?!

even the extra points were 30 something yards
I have to admit I'm a little uneasy. Kickers can fall off cliffs lol.
[ Edited by natrone06 on Aug 19, 2014 at 4:54 PM ]
David Akers all over again
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
David Akers all over again

quick someone threaten his life on twitter

Perhaps the kicking game will be a significant advantage for us this year. Once Dawson (one of the very best) gets it figured out, we are good. The wind might significantly affect other kickers game though...!
Roman and the offense can help out by doing their job in the red zone and not expecting 53-55 yarders on a consistent basis. I'm not worried but If anyone of you guys who like to jump the gun are wondering Phil would actually lose us 1 mil in cap space if we cut him. We wouldn't save anything we would actually lose money so he'd really have to be struggling to get rid of him. If he does bad this year he would likely be gone next year as his cap number is 4.134 mil and we would save 3.134 with 1 mil in dead money if we cut him. So he will really have to earn it for us to not restructure him or cut him. That's a lot for next year and that's a nice savings.
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:

Perhaps the kicking game will be a significant advantage for us this year. Once Dawson (one of the very best) gets it figured out, we are good. The wind might significantly affect other kickers game though...!

except denvers kickers didnt miss s**t

Still better than Akers imo
he needs to cut this s**t out. it's not cute
It doesn't take long for a kicker to lose it and Akers has definitely lost it. We need to find a replacement quick.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
He's old.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
It doesn't take long for a kicker to lose it and Akers has definitely lost it. We need to find a replacement quick.
Exactly! As you've cleverly pointed out, Akers went from one of the best kickers in the league to a pile of crap overnight. You know know! I'm pretty sure Akers was dealing with a groin injury all of that season though, so I have more faith that Dawson will turn it around.
Share 49ersWebzone