There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

K Phil Dawson

He is an awesome kicker and he has made some important kicks. I do think that with the amount of talent we have on offense we kick too many fgs. Seems like once we get to the 35 they know we can make a fg and the offense isnt too worried about scoring a TD. Just speculation and I know im gonna get some flak for this so have at it
Maybe we kick too many field goals. But you can't complain about making too many field goals. That's Phil's department.
Too often we've let other teams get back in the game. That's a downside of keeping it close and trying to run out the clock w/the running game.

IMO, we'd really have something to complain about if he didn't make those FG's.

If Akers had been there we would not have even been in the playoffs.
Chris Biderman ‏@ChrisBiderman now
Phil Dawson on wind patterns in Levi's: "Honestly, I don't know if I'm going to have that place figured out any time soon."

Originally posted by crabman82:
Phil Dawson on wind patterns in Levi's: "Honestly, I don't know if I'm going to have that place figured out any time soon."

I hope Dawson doesn't go the way of Akers... 1 great year followed by being a major reason we didn't win it all...

I'm probably overreacting
Oh god cut this scrub before he ruins our season

Well that is certainly reassuring.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

What are the Overdramatica brothers up to?

I can't recall how far the Bronco's FG's were but they made their kicks. What the heck?!?!
Originally posted by Baldie:

I can't recall how far the Bronco's FG's were but they made their kicks. What the heck?!?!

even the extra points were 30 something yards
I have to admit I'm a little uneasy. Kickers can fall off cliffs lol.
[ Edited by natrone06 on Aug 19, 2014 at 4:54 PM ]
David Akers all over again
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
David Akers all over again

quick someone threaten his life on twitter

Perhaps the kicking game will be a significant advantage for us this year. Once Dawson (one of the very best) gets it figured out, we are good. The wind might significantly affect other kickers game though...!
Roman and the offense can help out by doing their job in the red zone and not expecting 53-55 yarders on a consistent basis. I'm not worried but If anyone of you guys who like to jump the gun are wondering Phil would actually lose us 1 mil in cap space if we cut him. We wouldn't save anything we would actually lose money so he'd really have to be struggling to get rid of him. If he does bad this year he would likely be gone next year as his cap number is 4.134 mil and we would save 3.134 with 1 mil in dead money if we cut him. So he will really have to earn it for us to not restructure him or cut him. That's a lot for next year and that's a nice savings.