LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

K Phil Dawson

Oh HELL YEAH!! He was only the BEST K in the entire league last season. I can hear it now...Baalke: Phil, you'll only have to kick for one season at Candlestick, then we open 2014 season in our brand new stadium! Phil: sold!
A Kicker is definitely a good place to put major $$ into. Great use of resources Baalke!
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Cause tha 2 or 3+ million a yr for a kicker is a waste in my eyes I'd rather let a rookie like Hopkins start N pay him millions less ...only way any rookies get better is by playing time N I rather give them chances then overpriced players...

are you just guessing at his contact number?

Yes I am look at what we payed akers u think Dawson goin to sign for less? ??
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
A Kicker is definitely a good place to put major $$ into. Great use of resources Baalke!

Hoping that's not sarcasm.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

much more important than a free safety.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Phil Dawson finished tied for second in FG percentage in 2012 (93.5%). David Akers finished 30th in the same category (69%)

only a few percentage points better than Akers, then?!

I bet he ends up in training camp against either a couple of UDFAs or a 7th round pick. It aint over.

This must be toungue in cheek. I would take a kicker who kicks mor than nine out ten FG's over a kicker who only converts 7 out of 10.
Oh HELL YEAH!! He was only the BEST K in the entire league last season. I can hear it now...Baalke: Phil, you'll only have to kick for one season at Candlestick, then we open 2014 season in our brand new stadium! Phil: sold!
Still think that with 4 7th round picks (2 untradable) they will take a waiver on a kicker even if its just for the preseason. An offseason injury which flared up during the season took Akers from one of the best to one of the worst in less than a year, it would be nice to have some insurance for a cost of a 7th.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Phil Dawson finished tied for second in FG percentage in 2012 (93.5%). David Akers finished 30th in the same category (69%)

I bet he ends up in training camp against either a couple of UDFAs or a 7th round pick. It aint over.

Try reading it again

Champions**t!
To your point, 9, Dawson was 29 of 31 last year and 7 for 7 over 50 yds...that's gettin' it done!
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Yes I am look at what we payed akers u think Dawson goin to sign for less? ??

i don't know if he would or not, maybe he really wants a ring.
I am not going to base my opinion on guessing, assumption and not knowing facts.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Hoping that's not sarcasm.

Not Sarcasm! I'm for real! A kicker was a big difference for us, including the Super Bowl!

Originally posted by susweel:

much more important than a free safety.

lol, talk about apples and oranges! But you could argue that a solid kicking game puts more pts on the score board and doesn't leave the defense in bad field position situations.

In the same way that Steve Nash is only a "few percentage points" better as a free throw shooter than Dwight Howard.
Share 49ersWebzone