LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

K Phil Dawson

Just saw they are looking at a "big leg" kicker from Old Dominion. I definitely like have a clutch guy like Dawson for FG's but I wouldn't mind having a big young leg for kickoffs. In big moments we need somebody who will put that thing out the back of the endzone so there is no chance of a return; phil just doesn't have that juice anymore.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MTninerfan:
Just saw they are looking at a "big leg" kicker from Old Dominion. I definitely like have a clutch guy like Dawson for FG's but I wouldn't mind having a big young leg for kickoffs. In big moments we need somebody who will put that thing out the back of the endzone so there is no chance of a return; phil just doesn't have that juice anymore.

you are not going to carry two kickers on the active roster.. if they sign one I am sure it will be in the 6th or 7th round and would be used only for off season camps and pre season games. esp if they sign osgood, we have the coverage guys who can make teams start from the 20 most of the time
We wouldn't have been in the playoffs w/out Dawson.

FG win games. And the way JH runs the offense we NEED a guy like Dawson.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
We wouldn't have been in the playoffs w/out Dawson.

FG win games. And the way JH runs the offense we NEED a guy like Dawson.
roman would not have a job without dawson
He might not have a job w/out JH.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
He might not have a job w/out JH.

agree. jh=roman enabler
Bump!

Just wanted to give a shout out to last years OFFENSIVE MVP for kicking some long range canon shots in scrimmages. A couple of 50-yarders plus. That's my guy! The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Best FA move made by management in last 2 years! And smart to re-up him!

Have another great year Phil! We may need it.
But can he play NT
Why not. Let's try it.
He is an awesome kicker and he has made some important kicks. I do think that with the amount of talent we have on offense we kick too many fgs. Seems like once we get to the 35 they know we can make a fg and the offense isnt too worried about scoring a TD. Just speculation and I know im gonna get some flak for this so have at it

Maybe we kick too many field goals. But you can't complain about making too many field goals. That's Phil's department.
Too often we've let other teams get back in the game. That's a downside of keeping it close and trying to run out the clock w/the running game.

IMO, we'd really have something to complain about if he didn't make those FG's.

If Akers had been there we would not have even been in the playoffs.
Chris Biderman ‏@ChrisBiderman now
Phil Dawson on wind patterns in Levi's: "Honestly, I don't know if I'm going to have that place figured out any time soon."

Originally posted by crabman82:
Chris Biderman ‏@ChrisBiderman now
Phil Dawson on wind patterns in Levi's: "Honestly, I don't know if I'm going to have that place figured out any time soon."

I hope Dawson doesn't go the way of Akers... 1 great year followed by being a major reason we didn't win it all...

I'm probably overreacting
Oh god cut this scrub before he ruins our season
Share 49ersWebzone