There are 585 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

K Phil Dawson

Nice.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,120
Originally posted by ritchie:
Thank goodness.

this times f**king infinity. the one man roman bail out program
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by ritchie:
Thank goodness.

this times f**king infinity. the one man roman bail out program

HaRoMan are literally masturbating w/o lotion right now! Straight RAW!

Baalke could have screwed them all on this one!
I'm glad that Phil is coming back. But at the same time I almost wish we couldn't have resigned him because of the fact that Harbaugh and Roman basically shut down the offense once we get inside the opponents 30. Instead of attacking and going for the killshot, they're more than happy to run 3 straight times and kick a field goal and keep the other teams hope alive. But all in all, I'm very glad he's staying because I have a feeling he's gonna win us at least 1 playoff game next season from beyond 50 yards. I hope it's the NFC title game he wins for us, and hopefully his services won't be required to do too much in the SB aside from extra points.
Well, we did something extra good today! SIgning Phil = double snap from me.
Glad he is back!
glad to have him back...hopes he sets records @ Levi's
49ers | Phil Dawson terms
Fri, 14 Mar 2014 07:27:11 -0700
Updating previous reports, San Francisco 49ers PK Phil Dawson received a two-year, $6.134 million deal with a $2 million signing bonus. He receives $3 million in the first year and can earn $25,000 in incentives each year.

Comment | Source: USA TODAY Sports - Tom Pelissero | Share:
- See more at: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=0#sthash.7VXNx8Pl.dpuf
Love having Mr. Clean as our Kicker

Originally posted by solidg2000:
49ers | Phil Dawson terms
Fri, 14 Mar 2014 07:27:11 -0700
Updating previous reports, San Francisco 49ers PK Phil Dawson received a two-year, $6.134 million deal with a $2 million signing bonus. He receives $3 million in the first year and can earn $25,000 in incentives each year.

Comment | Source: USA TODAY Sports - Tom Pelissero | Share:
- See more at: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=0#sthash.7VXNx8Pl.dpuf


thats too much money for a kicker who doesn't even get touch backs with consistency. His short kick in the NFCG was huge. We should have just gotten a young kicker in the draft with a monster a leg.
At first I looked at it and the numbers seemed real high for a kicker, but taking a look at it, that's what kickers are going for these days:

http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/cap-hit/kicker/

Also, deal is structured so they can get out of it after the first year if need be. $3.5mil guaranteed, and only $1.5mil additional guaranteed/dead money if they release him following this season. They're paying him for reliability, which is a lot more important than having a huge leg but being an inconsistent FG kicker. They know his range, so it makes the decision to punt or go for it a lot easier.

He's basically the 10'th highest paid kicker (based on avg. salary), which is definitely a great deal for how consistent he was.
[ Edited by Disp on Mar 14, 2014 at 10:44 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,120
Originally posted by Disp:
At first I looked at it and the numbers seemed real high for a kicker, but taking a look at it, that's what kickers are going for these days:

http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/cap-hit/kicker/

Also, deal is structured so they can get out of it after the first year if need be. $3.5mil guaranteed, and only $1.5mil additional guaranteed/dead money if they release him following this season.
its worth it. i do not understand people who pooh pooh special teams whether it be a kicker or coverage guys. hoping a rookie kicker can do the job is just nonsensical in my opinion. trust me you cut dawson and the coverage guys and those people will be the first to scream when we go down the s**tter in those areas.
Dawson was nothing but money for us the entire season...he's worth every penny the Niners are paying him. Plus, he's just a good football player...you won't see many K in the weight room working out with the big dudes, but Phil does. Love that.