LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 167 users in the forums

K Phil Dawson

Glad he's coming back...as long as he doesn't go Akers circa 2012.
  • thl408
Originally posted by MannySoopa49ersnMD:
hopefully i can actually kick touchbacks with him again on Madden

If there's one thing that Dawson can improve on, it's his touchbacks. He ranked 26th in the league with a touchback rate of 38.3% on kickoffs. Just nitpicking. Love that Dawson is back.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by MannySoopa49ersnMD:
hopefully i can actually kick touchbacks with him again on Madden

If there's one thing that Dawson can improve on, it's his touchbacks. He ranked 26th in the league with a touchback rate of 38.3% on kickoffs. Just nitpicking. Love that Dawson is back.
Yes that would be nice but when we can't punch it in for 7 we need to be able to at least know that we can cash in for 3!
championkick
Totally overjoyed he's back!
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
aka Kickner
Thank goodness.
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Man I really loved the Boldin signing but for some reason am more excited by this. Really will be big if they move the extra points back.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

#49ers confirm K @phil_dawson_4 re-signs for 2-year deal
Nice.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ritchie:
Thank goodness.

this times f**king infinity. the one man roman bail out program
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by ritchie:
Thank goodness.

this times f**king infinity. the one man roman bail out program

HaRoMan are literally masturbating w/o lotion right now! Straight RAW!

Baalke could have screwed them all on this one!
I'm glad that Phil is coming back. But at the same time I almost wish we couldn't have resigned him because of the fact that Harbaugh and Roman basically shut down the offense once we get inside the opponents 30. Instead of attacking and going for the killshot, they're more than happy to run 3 straight times and kick a field goal and keep the other teams hope alive. But all in all, I'm very glad he's staying because I have a feeling he's gonna win us at least 1 playoff game next season from beyond 50 yards. I hope it's the NFC title game he wins for us, and hopefully his services won't be required to do too much in the SB aside from extra points.
Well, we did something extra good today! SIgning Phil = double snap from me.
Share 49ersWebzone