LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

K Phil Dawson

Originally posted by OldMort49:
He wouldn't have had to kick 4 field goals if it wasn't for Roman.

b******t. You're selling Seattle's defense short. The blame Roman garbage on this site is getting beyond old. There are a lot of teams out there who faired far worse against Seattle's defense including that "high powered" Denver offense. The 49ers offense is far from dynamic and that's not all Romans fault. We have NO speed on the outside whatsoever, our line struggles in pass protection at times and our qb is still developing with his progressions and footwork. Hell he couldn't find anyone open for much of season because of the above issues.

Roman has his faults but it continues to amaze me that so many are quick to put all the blame on Roman when the truth is that NONE of us even know the damn plays that were called in certain situations. How do any of you know Kaep didn't check to those pass plays at the end of the superbowl? I'm sure Roman told Kaep to force those throws to Crabtree in the superbowl and last season's nfc championship game. The truth is that the 49ers offense outside of the running game isn't real impressive from a personnel standpoint. Some of you have unrealistic expectations IMO. We don't have the personnel at receiver and so far at qb to have a dynamic passing game.

If the 49ers add a playmaker outside and our line and qb can continue to improve I promise you'll see improvement on offense. Roman is doing fine with what he has to work with. He puts a top 5 rushing attack on the field every season and that's pretty impressive considering that defenses do NOT respect the 49ers deep passing game one bit.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by OldMort49:
He wouldn't have had to kick 4 field goals if it wasn't for Roman.

b******t. You're selling Seattle's defense short. The blame Roman garbage on this site is getting beyond old. There are a lot of teams out there who faired far worse against Seattle's defense including that "high powered" Denver offense. The 49ers offense is far from dynamic and that's not all Romans fault. We have NO speed on the outside whatsoever, our line struggles in pass protection at times and our qb is still developing with his progressions and footwork. Hell he couldn't find anyone open for much of season because of the above issues.

Roman has his faults but it continues to amaze me that so many are quick to put all the blame on Roman when the truth is that NONE of us even know the damn plays that were called in certain situations. How do any of you know Kaep didn't check to those pass plays at the end of the superbowl? I'm sure Roman told Kaep to force those throws to Crabtree in the superbowl and last season's nfc championship game. The truth is that the 49ers offense outside of the running game isn't real impressive from a personnel standpoint. Some of you have unrealistic expectations IMO. We don't have the personnel at receiver and so far at qb to have a dynamic passing game.

If the 49ers add a playmaker outside and our line and qb can continue to improve I promise you'll see improvement on offense. Roman is doing fine with what he has to work with. He puts a top 5 rushing attack on the field every season and that's pretty impressive considering that defenses do NOT respect the 49ers deep passing game one bit.

I'm sure that can all be be argued in a different thread. My point was that Dawson is such a reliable kicker that once we get inside the 35 yard line our play calling tends to shut down and play it safe, rather than attacking.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Dude was a baller. He ain't no akers

lest we forget akers had a dynamite first season aswell

This. Everyone seems to forget how incredible Akers was in his first year here. How quick we are to forget.

That was the whole point of my post. This dude isn't going to have a s**tty second season like Akers.

Ah! My bad then!
Originally posted by crabman82:
Dude was a baller. He ain't no akers

lest we forget akers had a dynamite first season aswell

This. Everyone seems to forget how incredible Akers was in his first year here. How quick we are to forget.

That was the whole point of my post. This dude isn't going to have a s**tty second season like Akers.

Ah! My bad then!

He'll kick us right into a lombardi trophy.
As the season wore on I became increasingly confident every time he came out to kick.

I look forward to his return.

AND hopefully we won't have so many games coming down to a FG.
Vinatieri just came off the FA list with a two year deal to the Colts. Hopefully the two sides look at those numbers and cut a deal this morning.
I just want to see Dawson and Osgood signed yet along with Cox/Wright/vet CB and I'm good for the offseason. Of course a few extensions like Crabtree, Kap, Culliver, or Miller would be nice too. A SS would be bonus but I'm fine if we use the draft and trade a 3rd to get Clinton-Dix or Pryor. As for Dawson I think he wants to be back here and we want him back. I hope that is the case and his agent doesn't get it in his head with limited kickers out there that he should go look for the most money. I think Dawson has lost enough in his career that he wants to be back even if its for a lot less money and a shorter deal.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 11, 2014 at 10:54 AM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
woohoo! Hopefully it is close to the same money as last year - the guy was money!
Yes! Just Osgood and Wright/Cox/vet CB yet. Possibly a SS. Other than that work on extending Kap, Crabtree, Hunter, Miller, Culliver, Skuta, Dorsey and Spillman.

Great move. Phil was money last season and I'm glad our FO recognized that.

Any details on how long he resigned for?
Woot! Resigning Boldin and Dawson has already made the offseason a success in my eyes.
Anybody know how many years he is resigning for?
Share 49ersWebzone