LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

K Phil Dawson

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Anything less than than 70% on FGs under 50 yards is unacceptable in the NFL.

Dawson has nearly missed several extra points. If he misses one, and continues his FG pace, he's gone.

If and if....

Well, we are going to find out--unless we get a touchdown on every ..... no, that is not possible.

We will definitely find out.
[ Edited by buck on Sep 28, 2013 at 10:04 PM ]
small sample size imo

this whole offense has sucked, he isnt getting that many chances out there.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Well they keep signing 38 year old kickers who used to be good and are way at the end of their careers. Age plus injuries. But hey it's been a proven formula for the 49ers so far so they stick with it. They keep singing declining kickers instead of really dealing with the problem by drafting the best young kicker in one of these drafts.

The way they deal with kickers makes about as much sense as the way they get FA and draft WR's.

San Diego, without a doubt you understand better than anybody, except myself maybe, that the glass is really broken--and broken glasses are never 1/2 anything.

Signing Dawson made sense; it was a good plan.

But, you and I know that the best laid plans, always go bad.

Keep the faith baby, you are going to need it.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by LVJay:
He simply has not been as good as advertised. Age could be a factor. I am still curious what Havard Rugland could bring and hope we can give him a tryout at least.

HAHA, detroit let him go and Akers been sucking... that kid is pretty good

Honestly, I believe too much has been placed on him not having football experience. I used to play rugby and had kicked a little bit. All you need to know is how to kick the ball from A to B, it has nothing to do with whether you know the game of rugby. Didn't he have a very decent preseason ? If you ask me, guys like Akers and Dawson have passed their prime. If it was up to me, I would look out for the younger guys. We have nothing to lose to bring him in for a tryout.

Maybe we should've kept the rookie... but who would've known that Dawson was gonna start off like this. I just hope he gets it together for when he's really needed.
Maybe if my aunt had balz, she'd be my uncle.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Well they keep signing 38 year old kickers who used to be good and are way at the end of their careers. Age plus injuries. But hey it's been a proven formula for the 49ers so far so they stick with it. They keep singing declining kickers instead of really dealing with the problem by drafting the best young kicker in one of these drafts.

The way they deal with kickers makes about as much sense as the way they get FA and draft WR's.

This !!

OMG 2 people that feel the same way I do.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
He simply has not been as good as advertised. Age could be a factor. I am still curious what Havard Rugland could bring and hope we can give him a tryout at least.

HAHA, detroit let him go and Akers been sucking... that kid is pretty good

Honestly, I believe too much has been placed on him not having football experience. I used to play rugby and had kicked a little bit. All you need to know is how to kick the ball from A to B, it has nothing to do with whether you know the game of rugby. Didn't he have a very decent preseason ? If you ask me, guys like Akers and Dawson have passed their prime. If it was up to me, I would look out for the younger guys. We have nothing to lose to bring him in for a tryout.

Maybe we should've kept the rookie... but who would've known that Dawson was gonna start off like this. I just hope he gets it together for when he's really needed.

Which rookie ? You mean Havard Rugland ? We didn't even try him out.
[ Edited by Rascal on Sep 30, 2013 at 3:00 AM ]
All I know is Dawson needs to step his game up a notch this week. We might need him to kick a game winning FG on Sunday. Hopefully we win big so we don't have to, but yeah.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

No, I know thet Lions gave Rug a shot, but I meant the rookie, Colton Schmidt (punter/kicker), we had in camp....
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
All I know is Dawson needs to step his game up a notch this week. We might need him to kick a game winning FG on Sunday. Hopefully we win big so we don't have to, but yeah.

Don't worry, Kap will have his back. Dawson will go 0-2 on field goals and 6-0 on extra points

• Rascal
  • Veteran

No, I know thet Lions gave Rug a shot, but I meant the rookie, Colton Schmidt (punter/kicker), we had in camp....

Oh, I saw his punts in the preseason, they were pretty good. Did he kick any FGs ?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Oh, I saw his punts in the preseason, they were pretty good. Did he kick any FGs ?

come to think of it, probably not

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9480872/san-francisco-49ers-sign-colton-schmidt-3-year-deal
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

come to think of it, probably not

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9480872/san-francisco-49ers-sign-colton-schmidt-3-year-deal

Looks like he is a punter. I still say bring in Rugland to try him out. I mean what harm could it do ?
Sep 30, 2013 at 9:19 PM#424RascalMemberPosts:
Looks like he is a punter. I still say bring in Rugland to try him out. I mean what harm could it do ?

This.

JH is always talking about competition - let's get it done!
get your head out cha azz Dawon's creek !
Share 49ersWebzone