LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 415 users in the forums

K Phil Dawson

With no rush, I bet Rugland makes that 71 yard free kick... However, his draw back is that in uniform he has large men running after him, that takes some getting use to.
[ Edited by vermonator on Sep 28, 2013 at 7:20 AM ]
Wtf is wrong with him!??
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Wtf is wrong with him!??

he missed a 53 yarder. not exactly a chip shot.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Wtf is wrong with him!??

No, not really, is more than that.

Phil Dawson thus far - 3 of 6

Havard Rugland - 3 of 3 (including a 50 yarder)

Like I said, it doesn't hurt to bring him in to work him out and see what he's got.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Wtf is wrong with him!??

Like I said, it doesn't hurt to bring him in to work him out and see what he's got.

One of those was a 71 yarder.....
There's definitely something to the idea that Dawson has a paradigm shift in his psychi after kicking for years on a team with no expectation or hope of contending in playoffs to a team where it's pretty much SB or bust. It makes sense that he goes from less pressure due to his inferior teams in the past (and the fact he wouldn't lose his job as an accurate kicker) to more pressure mentally & emotionally because the margin for error is so small now being on a team that can legitimately go all the way.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
this dude is sucks
Dawson will pick it up as season goes!
Originally posted by susweel:
this dude is sucks

Yeah man this kicking situation and kicker has got me livid. You can't have greatness without a good kicker. One kick can ruin your teams season
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Wtf is wrong with him!??

One of those was a 71 yarder.....

All I am saying is let's work Rugland out and see what he's got before he gets snatched up.

Anything less than than 70% on FGs under 50 yards is unacceptable in the NFL.

Dawson has nearly missed several extra points. If he misses one, and continues his FG pace, he's gone.
We have bad luck of always getting crappy kickers. At least this one can kick it out of the end zone on kickoffs.
Well they keep signing 38 year old kickers who used to be good and are way at the end of their careers. Age plus injuries. But hey it's been a proven formula for the 49ers so far so they stick with it. They keep singing declining kickers instead of really dealing with the problem by drafting the best young kicker in one of these drafts.

The way they deal with kickers makes about as much sense as the way they get FA and draft WR's.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Well they keep signing 38 year old kickers who used to be good and are way at the end of their careers. Age plus injuries. But hey it's been a proven formula for the 49ers so far so they stick with it. They keep singing declining kickers instead of really dealing with the problem by drafting the best young kicker in one of these drafts.

The way they deal with kickers makes about as much sense as the way they get FA and draft WR's.

This !!
I'll say this...Dawson has got one helluva hook down pat. How can you barely hook a PAT thru the crossbars? If you go back and look, his misses are virtually all pull hooks. In golf, that usually means you are swinging too hard(because you underclubbed). I wonder if there is a correlation to hook pulls from kicking too hard in football.
Share 49ersWebzone