LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

K Phil Dawson

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,500 for LVJay.
Maybe he's got an itch or pinch on his groins frikken p*ssy!!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
He simply has not been as good as advertised. Age could be a factor. I am still curious what Havard Rugland could bring and hope we can give him a tryout at least.

HAHA, detroit let him go and Akers been sucking... that kid is pretty good
Dude had a knuckle field goal
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
He's been a little inconsistent, which concerns me, he like missed his first dome FG since like the mid 00s apparently.

-The more I break down film and study Dawson, the more I see that he doesn't trusts his young long snapper, this could change though, but I saw Dawson almost get pooched on every f**king FG, we gotta do something about this.

lol

LOL I'm getting toasted tonight watching old NFL games!!!
Originally posted by Jt8786:
Dude had a knuckle field goal

Wasn't his first one, either.
All of his extra points were knucklers too. Never thought anyone would miss Cleveland that much...lol.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 27, 2013 at 10:04 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Phil Dawson has been a disappointment so far, isn't there any better kickers out on the market right now?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Phil Dawson has been a disappointment so far, isn't there any better kickers out on the market right now?

Kickalicious?
Not panicking yet, but I would like to see some consistency from Dawson.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
All of his extra points were knucklers too. Never thought anyone would miss Cleveland that much...lol.

The thing is, he has never had to kick PRESSURE field goals. They have all been for Cleveland, which means they are basically all meaningless. Now, he is on a Super Bowl contender, and each kick could mean winning the division, playoff position, home field etc. The pressure is on him now, and he does not look so hot with it.

Originally posted by BrianGO:
The thing is, he has never had to kick PRESSURE field goals. They have all been for Cleveland, which means they are basically all meaningless. Now, he is on a Super Bowl contender, and each kick could mean winning the division, playoff position, home field etc. The pressure is on him now, and he does not look so hot with it.

Good point. Didn't think of it that way. I figured a 16 year vet kicker would have experienced enough pressure situations, but Dawson has never been on a team where every game, every kick is crucial. I think he'll calm his nerves eventually.
Good point. Didn't think of it that way. I figured a 16 year vet kicker would have experienced enough pressure situations, but Dawson has never been on a team where every game, every kick is crucial. I think he'll calm his nerves eventually.

It's funny, because bad teams tend to have really good punters and kickers. It seems like there is a lot of psychology to it. Even Andy Lee is beginning to look shaky.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Kickalicious?

aka Havard Rugland. We have absolutely nothing to lose to bring him in for a tryout.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Rascal:
He simply has not been as good as advertised. Age could be a factor. I am still curious what Havard Rugland could bring and hope we can give him a tryout at least.

HAHA, detroit let him go and Akers been sucking... that kid is pretty good

Honestly, I believe too much has been placed on him not having football experience. I used to play rugby and had kicked a little bit. All you need to know is how to kick the ball from A to B, it has nothing to do with whether you know the game of rugby. Didn't he have a very decent preseason ? If you ask me, guys like Akers and Dawson have passed their prime. If it was up to me, I would look out for the younger guys. We have nothing to lose to bring him in for a tryout.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Give me a break. Outside a game winning playoff attempt, a kick is a kick. The fact that he played in Cleveland doesnt mean his FG attempts never had pressure. Hes good at kicking the ball through the uprights. Hes attempted a buttload of FG's from playing for a bad team, and hes always been one of the most accurate through all of it. Hes a pro bowler who kept an NFL kicking job without being fired for 15 years. How many guys can say that? Plus he did get some playoff experience along the way. He'll be fine.
Share 49ersWebzone