There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

K Phil Dawson

Originally posted by zillabeast:
Well, I hope he's got those winds figured out

I bet he thought he had that kick dead to rights then....nope.

The wind had nothing to do with it. The kick was a lame duck, you could see the ball wobble around.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Well, I hope he's got those winds figured out

I bet he thought he had that kick dead to rights then....nope.

The wind had nothing to do with it. The kick was a lame duck, you could see the ball wobble around.

So it's panic time?

Akers, jr.
You think with all these 7th rounders we draft a kicker
Disappointed he missed one, but I think he'll do a lot better than what Akers did for us last season.
not worried
The wind took that kick... you could hear the wind when they played the sound from down on the field. Dawson may have pushed it a tad bit but I don't think it was a horrible missed kick.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
The wind took that kick... you could hear the wind when they played the sound from down on the field. Dawson may have pushed it a tad bit but I don't think it was a horrible missed kick.

Yeah I was in that enzone the flags were going left at the snap, when he kicked it the flags switched to a 90° angle to the right.

That is candlestick and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

Yeah I was in that enzone the flags were going left at the snap, when he kicked it the flags switched to a 90° angle to the right.

That is candlestick and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
Looked ugly as hell, kick looked like a helicopter that was about to crash
2-3 today, not bad Phil
Rewatchef it. The flags did not appear as bad. But I was UB09 ( behind the uprights) and I and the guy in front of me had to catch our hat.
Meh .... this can't continue. He needs to hit all of them.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Meh .... this can't continue. He needs to hit all of them.

If you anticipate a 20mph gust right to left, you will miss right 90% of the time.
The flight of the ball was horrible and kind of weird. I first saw it in the preseason and I was scratching my head, I was wondering was that his special way of kicking ? As it turned out, no. The ball just didn't travel straight. I know Dawson is supposed to be one of the best, but I just don't like the way the ball flight is currently looking.

Bring in Havard Rugland and work him out !! I have always wanted us to try him out and see what he's got.
He's been a little inconsistent, which concerns me, he like missed his first dome FG since like the mid 00s apparently.

-The more I break down film and study Dawson, the more I see that he doesn't trusts his young long snapper, this could change though, but I saw Dawson almost get pooched on every f**king FG, we gotta do something about this.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 27, 2013 at 8:19 PM ]