There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

K Phil Dawson

Originally posted by cciowa:
ok i will bite.. what did he do last year to make you think he is past his prime? i love people like this who throw a guy under the bus before he has even climbed aboard. sheesh

Nah bro you can't talk about last year, even though he was 7-7 from 50+ yards and a 93% kicker with those winds and crappy field in Cleveland, those stats mean absolutely nothing.

He's going to be shanking kicks left and right. Count on it!

/sarcasm
[ Edited by mikeyrocks on Mar 21, 2013 at 3:04 PM ]
Originally posted by mikeyrocks:
Originally posted by cciowa:
ok i will bite.. what did he do last year to make you think he is past his prime? i love people like this who throw a guy under the bus before he has even climbed aboard. sheesh

Nah bro you can't talk about last year, even though he was 7-7 from 50+ yards and a 93% kicker with those winds and crappy field in Cleveland, those stats mean absolutely nothing.

He's going to be shanking kicks left and right. Count on it!

And a rook might not shank a few left and right. I rather have a vet than a rook who may or may not be shaky. Win now, future is now, sure it would be nice to have a young, and experienced kicker, but the draftees aren't. Hopkins and Sturgis are the best, but surely they would struggle in this weather.
Also people say "lasy year was last year", well what do you expect the GM and coaches to go off of. College kids are graded by their years in college, free agents years at various teams. You better sign consistent and draft consistent players, or you mind as well be packing your bags and get your Pink Slip. I rather take a proven commodity, like a Dawson, and Boldin over a unproven like Hopkins/Sturgis, and other WRs in the draft.
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman42s
While holder Andy Lee keeps No.4, Phil Dawson will wear No. 9 for (wait for it) the
49ers..
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Also people say "lasy year was last year", well what do you expect the GM and coaches to go off of. College kids are graded by their years in college, free agents years at various teams. You better sign consistent and draft consistent players, or you mind as well be packing your bags and get your Pink Slip. I rather take a proven commodity, like a Dawson, and Boldin over a unproven like Hopkins/Sturgis, and other WRs in the draft.

AB, I think the only major issue folks have with Dawson is his age. I looked at his career stats yesterday after he signed, and I have NO issue with his performance to date. Not only is he a top 3 all time kicker, he did it for 14 years in CLEVELAND of all places. The 'Stick is windy? Phil laughs and points to "The Mistake by the Lake".
Originally posted by slowriot:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman42s
While holder Andy Lee keeps No.4, Phil Dawson will wear No. 9 for (wait for it) the

49ers..

I see what he did there .....
Sorry MikeyRocks, I have the hardest time now figuring between serious and joking. I can tell by some members who are crazy, valrod, suswell, the mods, yes you guys, I said it,
Originally posted by Beeker:

AB, I think the only major issue folks have with Dawson is his age. I looked at his career stats yesterday after he signed, and I have NO issue with his performance to date. Not only is he a top 3 all time kicker, he did it for 14 years in CLEVELAND of all places. The 'Stick is windy? Phil laughs and points to "The Mistake by the Lake".

His age is the only concern for sure. Akers worked out for us for 2011, if it wasn't for the injury, I am sure Akers would of worked for us in 2012, and may be here still. Akers was money in 2011. It sucked so see him miss so many kicks.

Edit: I think blame goes all around, Akers needs to tell them I cant go, and 49ers need to realize Akers is not in game shape. Also I think idiot fans who threatened him was a big no no. Yeah I yelled, never threaten the dude.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Mar 20, 2013 at 5:06 PM ]
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman42s

49ers..

I see what he did there .....

Wow. They're the "49ers" within the 49ers.

His age is the only concern for sure. Akers worked out for us for 2011, if it wasn't for the injury, I am sure Akers would of worked for us in 2012, and may be here still. Akers was money in 2011. It sucked so see him miss so many kicks.

Edit: I think blame goes all around, Akers needs to tell them I cant go, and 49ers need to realize Akers is not in game shape. Also I think idiot fans who threatened him was a big no no. Yeah I yelled, never threaten the dude.

Have you updated the cap numbers? and can you PM me the addy for NCH? thanks!

Edit: People threatening him was flat out idiotic. Hell, I think we ALL yelled at the TV on several occasions. Anything other than that is just, well, crazy.

And I should know - I'm certifiable
[ Edited by Beeker on Mar 20, 2013 at 5:08 PM ]
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch2m
And, finally, go-to-quote man Phil Dawson on joining The Tony Montana squad: "There'll be 10 guys dancing out there." #49ers

The dude is funny..
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch2m
And, finally, go-to-quote man Phil Dawson on joining The Tony Montana squad: "There'll be 10 guys dancing out there." #49ers

The dude is funny..

LOL ... and there it is - the missing piece! HUMOR!!

I have to on the site, but $4.6M under right now. Enough for draft picks, but need room for possible signing of Nnamdi and/or Woodson.

I have to on the site, but $4.6M under right now. Enough for draft picks, but need room for possible signing of Nnamdi and/or Woodson.

Thanks brah. I won't pester you with a bunch of cap questions here. I'll go find the thread wherever else it is LOL