There are 45 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

K Phil Dawson

Still gonna draft another kicker and let them fight it out.
i'm good with Dawson
Originally posted by Beeker:
Still gonna draft another kicker and let them fight it out.

Highly doubt that. Dawson is a premier kicker in the NFL. They may bring in an undrafted guy like a Tavecchio or someone like that, but I think you can cross kicker off the list as a need at this point. Unless Dawson has some weird injury or regresses like Akers did, he should be good for 2-3 seasons.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 19, 2013 at 1:49 PM ]
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I hope this is BS

why the hate, brah?
Originally posted by susweel:
good i guess but why not just draft one with our 50 billion picks we have.

Probably doing both, but now they wont have to stress about drafting one higher than they would want to if they had no alternative. Pick up which ever kicker falls to one of our seventh round picks.
did we pick him up/Cut end of last year
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Highly doubt that. Dawson is a premier kicker in the NFL. They may bring in an undrafted guy like a Tavecchio or someone like that, but I think you can cross kicker off the list as a need at this point.

This. Unless of course Sturgis or Hopkins is there in the 7th.
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch
Wow stat: Since 2011, Phil Dawson has made 14 of 15 FG attempts from 50-plus yards. #49ers
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I hope this is BS

why? dawson was 2nd in fg accuracy last season, akers was 30th

sounds like an improvement to me

Cause tha 2 or 3+ million a yr for a kicker is a waste in my eyes I'd rather let a rookie like Hopkins start N pay him millions less ...only way any rookies get better is by playing time N I rather give them chances then overpriced players...
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by susweel:
good i guess but why not just draft one with our 50 billion picks we have.

Probably doing both, but now they wont have to stress about drafting one higher than they would want to if they had no alternative. Pick up which ever kicker falls to one of our seventh round picks.
it depends on how much they are paying him.
Nice. We can feel confident about winning a close game again.
Originally posted by slowriot:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Highly doubt that. Dawson is a premier kicker in the NFL. They may bring in an undrafted guy like a Tavecchio or someone like that, but I think you can cross kicker off the list as a need at this point.

This. Unless of course Sturgis or Hopkins is there in the 7th.

This.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
did we pick him up/Cut end of last year

He's been with the Browns his entire career. Career FG accuracy of 84%.....hit for almost 94% last season. Seely is quite familiar with him.
Arguably bigger than LeBron leaving Cleveland
Originally posted by slowriot:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch
Wow stat: Since 2011, Phil Dawson has made 14 of 15 FG attempts from 50-plus yards. #49ers

That would of added two wins to our record.