There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

K Phil Dawson

I love this pickup. A very consistent and reliable kicker. NICE!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Like the pickup! Kind of wished we could take a chance at a kicker in the draft but hey this guy is proven.
we may have other fish to fry with our draft picks and besides,, you always feel better with the vet kicker who has the proven track record, lets say you sign a rookie who does well in pre season and then s**ts down his legs in the first regular season game. then you are screwed and are running around trying to find billy cundiff
Hard to get hyped about a kicker, but Dawson is solid and will be an upgrade over Akers.

My brother the Cleveland Browns fan was dreading this. Sucks to be him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ace52:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Don't like the Skuta signing? He appears to be a ST stud and we need one of those desperately.

He's OK, I guess. Seems to be more versatile than Costanzo, but strictly as a ST player (and I think he will only be playing ST for us), I'm not sure if he is as good as Costanzo.
I'm fine with the pick, just not very excited.
he fills a valuable spot, special teams and will not hurt you if he has to play inside backer. those are the little things that make up the big things kid
Good signing.

SF may grab a K in the 7th round for competition. Otherwise they will definitely bring in a UFA or another young kicker for camp(s).
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Phil Dawson's contract with the #49ers is for one year.
[ Edited by susweel on Mar 19, 2013 at 5:27 PM ]
nice veteran singing. hopefully he has a solid year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Phil Dawson's contract with the #49ers is for one year.

maybe they will draft a kicker in sixth or 7th round and try to hide him away. all i know is that i am glad we did get a good healthy vet kicker used to kicking in s**tty weather
Great pickup by the 49ers!
CAN'T BE WORSE THAN AKERS!!
Originally posted by susweel:

1 year deal = you just got BAALKE'D
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
1 year deal = you just got BAALKE'D

Wow, was thinking Dawson could get 2-3 at 4 mil a year. 1 Year, 3.5-4 is fine by me. Seems like we are just playing it one year at a time. One playoff run at a time... if he does well we probably re-sign him for another year. Maybe we learned with Akers not to sign those older guys for too long.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I hope this is BS

Just stop.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran

• MILFS
  • Veteran
dependable and we don't need to spend a pick on a kicker. i like.