There are 173 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

K Phil Dawson

14 years in Cleveland! The 49ers should add several million for Pain and Suffering.
Originally posted by Niners6262:
I know he is accurate but is his leg strong for kickoffs? Trying to find out his kickoff touchback rate or whatever they call that stat.

I dont know how accurate the stat would be not alot of teams were afraid to return kicks against the browns.
I know he is accurate but is his leg strong for kickoffs? Trying to find out his kickoff touchback rate or whatever they call that stat.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/kickoff-touchback-pct
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Ok that was probably my only concern for him since thats partially what led to the falling of Akers.

I think ultimately, the issues that hurt Akers had a lot more to do with what was upstairs then the result of any particular injury. The injury contributed but his confidence just collapsed, you could tell by his body language and demeanor that the guy was just broken and falling apart.
I dont know how accurate the stat would be not alot of teams were afraid to return kicks against the browns.

Good point
Dawson is the most accurate kicker (84 percent) in NFL history among kickers with 300 or more field goals. From this point on, he is the benchmark by which all Browns kickers are measured.
Great job Baalke.

There's always the chance that Dawson could suffer an unexpected decline like David Akers. But he has only gotten better with each passing year. Dawson became the first Browns player to be selected to the Pro Bowl as a kicker last year (Groza was selected as a tackle). With 116 points, he extended his team record to six 100-point seasons in a career. He also set a career high with 30 touchbacks, which is 12 more than any other season.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Is a new rocking chair part of the deal?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
good i guess but why not just draft one with our 50 billion picks we have.

Yeah, this Baalke guy can never figure out how to do things correctly.
very good pick up
Picked him over Tynes
  • buck
  • Veteran

Good point

Why were teams afraid to return kicks against the Browns?

I am not trying to be a pain, but I do know enough about the Browns to understand the point.

Thanks
Originally posted by mayo49:
Is a new rocking chair part of the deal?

Probably threw in new batteries for his Hoveround.
Originally posted by buck:
Why were teams afraid to return kicks against the Browns?

I am not trying to be a pain, but I do know enough about the Browns to understand the point.

Thanks

Team werent afraid to return the ball against the browns because overall they were a poor team = less touchbacks