There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

K Phil Dawson

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 49ers new kicker ... @phil_dawson_4 I am humbled & thrilled to have the opportunity to continue my career with my new team, the SF 49ers!
[ Edited by English on Mar 8, 2014 at 10:17 AM ]
https://twitter.com/phil_dawson_4/status/314113720907350017

Phil Dawson ‏@phil_dawson_4 I am humbled & thrilled to have the opportunity to continue my career with my new team, the SF 49ers!
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 49ers new kicker ... @phil_dawson_4 I am humbled & thrilled to have the opportunity to continue my career with my new team, the SF 49ers!

Sweet! Great kicker!
he's old

but good i guess.
I hope this is BS
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Phil Dawson finished tied for second in FG percentage in 2012 (93.5%). David Akers finished 30th in the same category (69%)
good i guess but why not just draft one with our 50 billion picks we have.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I hope this is BS

why? dawson was 2nd in fg accuracy last season, akers was 30th

sounds like an improvement to me
[ Edited by NinerFan408 on Mar 19, 2013 at 1:45 PM ]
i would have prefered a younger guy in the walsh from minny or tucker from balt mold. but this move i can be good with.
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows
Phil Dawson finished tied for second in FG percentage in 2012 (93.5%). David Akers finished 30th in the same category (69%)
Nice pickup!
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Phil Dawson tweeted he's joining the 49ers. So San Franciso now adds top kicker on the market.
Agreed. Weren't we all b***hing about Akers during the season?
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Phil Dawson finished tied for second in FG percentage in 2012 (93.5%). David Akers finished 30th in the same category (69%)

only a few percentage points better than Akers, then?!

I bet he ends up in training camp against either a couple of UDFAs or a 7th round pick. It aint over.