There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Haralson reduces cap number.

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
You think this is so we can offer Nnamdi more?

doubt it. the niners wont break the bank for anyone, this is just a smart move to give them more flexibility.

We saved just over a million on that right? I don't think that's breaking the bank. I love that the niners don't over spend but giving him 6 mil isn't really overspending IMHO.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
You think this is so we can offer Nnamdi more?

doubt it. the niners wont break the bank for anyone, this is just a smart move to give them more flexibility.

We saved just over a million on that right? I don't think that's breaking the bank. I love that the niners don't over spend but giving him 6 mil isn't really overspending IMHO.
hes done nothing to warrant 6 mill a year with his stay in philly tho. he was a beast in oakland and i believe his philly days were screwed because their DC was an oline coach but hes gonna have to take less to prove hes oakland nnamdi and not philly nnamdi
These Salary reductions (Manningham/Haralson) make me think something big may happen with a Free Agent Defensive Back.
Originally posted by genz22:
These Salary reductions (Manningham/Haralson) make me think something big may happen with a Free Agent Defensive Back.
Or not. They could be just getting more cap relief to sign the 14 draft picks and to rework and front load a contract like they did with willis a few years ago to free up future cap space. We have to ink aldon, colin, Ad, Crabtree, Mike in the near future. My thinking we frontload more to willis or brooks to free up future space to resign justin smith next season.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Mar 19, 2013 at 5:59 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by genz22:
Or not. They could be just getting more cap relief to sign the 14 draft picks and to rework and front load a contract like they did with willis a few years ago to free up future cap space. We have to ink aldon, colin, Ad, Crabtree, Mike in the near future. My thinking we frontload more to willis or brooks to free up future space to resign justin smith next season.
i think this is the truth. we are not freeing up cap space just so we can blow it and our future by signing someone with shiny bows and ribbons. i actually see us maybe signing a cornerback but not over paying for anyone and then finish up with the draft. it is the wise prudent thing to do. the team is not going to offer Nnamdi any extra money from what they already have. i just do not understand why people do not get this after watching the way this regime operates in the last two years.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Glad to have him back. I know many people don't love him but he provides good depth and we could have used him last year.

i think alot of people who did not like him changed their tune when they saw what we had when he went down . our two kids got hurt and of course the guy they signed was a dud.
Smart move on his part. He's a back-up at the very best.

FA isn't what it used to be and neither is Parys. He will be completely replaced after this season or before.
Told folks he wasn't getting cut. With no depth at all at the position and 2 rookies coming off injury as his competition. Smart on both parts. Another piece in the rotation.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Smart move on his part. He's a back-up at the very best.

FA isn't what it used to be and neither is Parys. He will be completely replaced after this season or before.
as of right now we have no one who can spell aldon and actually make plays. sure we hope the kids we drafted come through but i think that is a risk the front office was not willing to take. if both of the kids can be players for us, i think you can keep all three and we will actually have some good depth in a key position
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lamontb:
Told folks he wasn't getting cut. With no depth at all at the position and 2 rookies coming off injury as his competition. Smart on both parts. Another piece in the rotation.

He was gonna get cut if he didn't except a lower salary.
Parys Haralson sucks and will be cut in camp. He is too short to be a pass-rushing outside linebacker and he is absolutely useless in Madden 13.
Originally posted by Onizuka:
Parys Haralson sucks and will be cut in camp. He is too short to be a pass-rushing outside linebacker and he is absolutely useless in Madden 13.

Originally posted by Onizuka:

LMAO!!!!!
moral of the story here

Dont be on the 49ers and get hurt heading into your contract year.
Moral of the story #2

Play better and you won't be cut - ask Justin Smith.