There are 187 users in the forums

Garrett Celek TE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I wouldn't be too worried if management felt Celek had what it took to be a solid # 2 TE. He hasn't done anything to disappoint me, really. I wouldn't mind us drafting a TE anywhere in the draft to compete with him either. Love the idea of drafting Eifert to play opposite of Vernon.. but am also content to draft a Dion Sims or Nick Kasa in the mid/later rds.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
No. Celek is a traditional TE. Walker is a H-back TE.

yep
I was hot and cold on Delanie. The guy single handed cost us a few games with some bad drops at really inopportune times. Other times he'd come through with the big clutch play. I am definitely not one of these guys who put much stock into Delanies versatility. I think it's an overrated quality and one that can be taught to about anyone. It's also the only thing that kept him a Niner long as he was imo.
He knows the system, he has size and a very good blocker... excellent hands! Coaches have been working with him the pas 2 years, i think he can be very valuable in the red zone and on 3rd and short. My opinion hes a very good compliment to VD. I still think we should grab Ertz if hes avail in the 2nd rnd.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
walker is garbage, i am glad he and his "wow he runs great routes and blocks well but can not catch" b******t are out of here. i am glad he found some fool to over pay for him. i am very very confident we can find a 4th rounder to block and catch very nicely.
I believe that Celek was the plan all along to replace Delanie if/when he left. He runs solid routes, has better hands, great blocker. He (maybe?) won't have the same versatility as Delanie gave the 49ers, but he;s an overall upgrade as far as "pure" TE goes. He's been in the system and knows it. The little I remember of him playing last year he looked really good - made a couple of dam fine catches in the second Seahags game after VD got knocked out.
Celek will still be our #3 TE ....Zack Ertz will be a 49er next month ....just a hunch
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Mar 18, 2013 at 9:28 AM ]
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Celek will still be our #3 TE ....Zack Ertz will be a 49er next month ....just a hunch

I've seen a recent mock or two that has him going to the 49ers at #31. Could happen. Wouldn't be a downer
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Beeker:
I've seen a recent mock or two that has him going to the 49ers at #31. Could happen. Wouldn't be a downer
if the first three picks are not spent on defense i may do a rant that will make my first and goal l super bowl rant look like a restrained tea time luncheon
Boldin- Crabtree- Davis -Ertz,....WOW ...that would be a TOUGH 2 Tight end package to deal with , and improve our redzone offense

• DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
i assume this has something to do with a tight end?
I think Celek can do it. Plus he has better hands than Delanie and is a bigger target. I really think Walker's versatility was overrated and that Celek might be able to do some of the same things with some good coaching.
[ Edited by E-49er on Mar 18, 2013 at 11:31 AM ]
I think the 9ers feel good about both Garrett Celek and Trenton Robinson as players who can step in and compete to replace Delanie Walker and Dashon Goldson

As Coach always says...you make your biggest improvement from yr 1 to yr 2...these guys both have been complemented by harbaugh for having a strong strong work ethic so that bodes well for them in trying to take a big leap here in year 2

We all seem to be very concerned w/ the safety position w/ Dahl apparently set to replace Dashon but Trenton Robinson might have something to say about that and Garrett Celek has been quoted to be an "ascending player" multiple times by coaches so I think they see him replacing Delanie
this team is going to face so much zone to slow down CK and to spy....

they need a savy zone busting security blanket
Share 49ersWebzone