LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 173 users in the forums

Garrett Celek TE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • gotem
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
No. Celek is a traditional TE. Walker is a H-back TE.

yep
who would qualify has a legit h back replacement in the draft?
Originally posted by gotem:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
No. Celek is a traditional TE. Walker is a H-back TE.

yep
who would qualify has a legit h back replacement in the draft?

Jordan Reed from Florida.

Oops . . . I just noticed that his name was brought up on the first page of this thread. If he can be had in a later round (after rd3) He would be an ideal Delanie Walker replacement IMO.

The Niners IMO will not draft a tight end in the first two rounds. Just not smart to do that. The value is just not there to trump other needs; DL and DB.

I am reminded of last year and Coby Fleener. I said then that he would not be picked and I say the same thing now re the Stanford kid. Its pure local homerism talking to suggest that the Niners waste and early round pick on him. Plenty of later round TE offerings who would provide greater value relative to where they'd be picked.
[ Edited by Rsrkshn on Mar 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Fauria!!!!!

So a guy who's taller than Celek, but is slower and a far s**ttier blocker? No thanks. I can see Fauria's career lasting about 5 minutes in the NFL. Can't block, runs like a robot, bad hips, his biggest asset is him being tall as hell, but that will only get you so far.

"runs like a robot". LOL
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
In b4 pics of Garrett's gf

He does have a smokin' hot girl. WOW!
Can Celek block as well as Walker? That's the most important thing to me.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Mar 18, 2013 at 10:17 PM ]
Here's another guy to replace Delanie...Marcus Davis, has run a 4.38 X40:

http://wap.nfl.com/draft/profile/2539333/marcus-davis/
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Fauria!!!!!

This. Can get him late, has FANTASTIC hands, runs great routes and would be a dominate redzone target. 6'7. Downside, is fairly light, not a great blocker.
I liked what I saw of Celek, I am in the lets draft another TE to compete for that job and promote from within. GC wasn't the Swiss Army knife Walker was, but maybe that is good thing.

As much as Walker could do, he was also good for a slip or dropped pass or both seemingly every game.
who did celek beat over for the 3rd TE job last year? i forgot, but i remember thinking he was really good as well
Only way for a Guy to get better is to line him up N let him play ...

Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
who did celek beat over for the 3rd TE job last year? i forgot, but i remember thinking he was really good as well

I think it was Konrad Reuland. He ended up signing with the Jets.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Beeker:
I've seen a recent mock or two that has him going to the 49ers at #31. Could happen. Wouldn't be a downer
if the first three picks are not spent on defense i may do a rant that will make my first and goal l super bowl rant look like a restrained tea time luncheon

Well, 1st a FS, 2nd Ertz or Hunter-Da Rick if there. After that DL, CB, and everyone and many here fav, Marcus Lattimore, after that..a crap shoot.

I will be surprised if the FO doesn't bundle pot of picks to move up and get who they want; more or less. There's just too many picks, let's not wast em on low picks that will never make it..So ya, Ertz if there otherwise form what I've seen Celek is all in and make plays almost every time I've seen his number called; which aint been many..NINERS~!!
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Mar 21, 2013 at 2:08 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
i assume this has something to do with a tight end?

Damn she look fake, especially her face..however if she want to jump me I won;t complain! Heee
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

I like Davis in late round but ain't he a WR? ?? Thought we're talking TE replacement ????
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

I like Davis in late round but ain't he a WR? ?? Thought we're talking TE replacement ????

Walker was a WR coming out of college too.
At 6'3", 233 lbs. He could fill the spot... if he is any good.
Walker was what? 6'0" 240?

Anybody see Marcus Davis play?
Share 49ersWebzone