LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

Garrett Celek TE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Those are two player show are head and shoulders above Garret Celek. They were better in college and they have been better in the NFL. It seems like a long deal for a guy who hasn't shown much but it is not that big of a deal. I do hope they have two better options at some point over the next four years.

Fair point. But given we only started passes to a TE not named VD half way through last year, I'd say hang in there. I'm curious to see how Chip is going to use Vance, Celek, Bell and Miller and maybe Busta as an H-back.

He and Vance should get a lot of balls thrown there way this year so we'll see. I am excited to see Bell and Busta as well!

Me too. No doubt Bell has some nice upside and Busta, if that guy is used correctly, could be a real nice Swiss army knife that we can use to our advantage as a mismatch.

Celek is a nice route runner and decent blocker and we know McDonald is going to be key to Chip's zone blocking. That dude is a legit inline blocker but even better out in space. And if he could ever get those hands down, could be a scary weapon in space. QB and scheme are going to play a huge role in this.

From what Baalke said earlier, it sounds like Chip will adjust to the personnel we have.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
yeah, Chip will adjust to the personnel we have until he sees and realize that Baalke supplied him with a bunch of players who's offensive skills does NOT match with what he wants to do.. for a while, Chip will keep it on the down low, but will show the management and fans that there's now room for "Vance" or even "Bruce" type of player needed in his offense...

.. and the 1st time Boldin steps in the field, he's gonna show why his offense can not wait for a GREAT slow WR to take 10 seconds to run a 15 yard post..
Originally posted by 9moon:
yeah, Chip will adjust to the personnel we have until he sees and realize that Baalke supplied him with a bunch of players who's offensive skills does NOT match with what he wants to do.. for a while, Chip will keep it on the down low, but will show the management and fans that there's now room for "Vance" or even "Bruce" type of player needed in his offense...

.. and the 1st time Boldin steps in the field, he's gonna show why his offense can not wait for a GREAT slow WR to take 10 seconds to run a 15 yard post..
You think chip, took the job without even looking at the players we had ?

I think Baalke will go more defense this draft, and FA for offense
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Feb 25, 2016 at 8:42 AM ]
They probably extended Celek because of his wife good lord lol

http://bustedcoverage.com/2014/05/06/sarah-hinton-garrett-celeks-fiancee-sent-a-nice-wedding-gift-thank-you/#!gallery-inline-embed-1656007-0-0
[ Edited by KajunNiner on Feb 25, 2016 at 9:17 AM ]
The deal is not for $14M, it's $10M base value with $4M in incentives.

Don't know exact breakdown, but his base salaries add up to $6.1M, leaving $3.9M in bonuses or $975K a year, so his salaries would be,

2016- $1,975,000
2017- $2,525,000
2018- $2,625,000
2019- $2,875,000
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
The deal is not for $14M, it's $10M base value with $4M in incentives.

Don't know exact breakdown, but his base salaries add up to $6.1M, leaving $3.9M in bonuses or $975K a year, so his salaries would be,

2016- $1,975,000
2017- $2,525,000
2018- $2,625,000
2019- $2,875,000

Wow! These contracts get better every year. Well done Paraag.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 9moon:

You think chip, took the job without even looking at the players we had ?

I think Baalke will go more defense this draft, and FA for offense

of course he did, and of course he would agree on everything presented to him.. he wants to coach in the NFL, that's why..
Terms are in, it's a 4yr/$10.2M deal, $3.5M fully guaranteed($2.5M signing bonus, and $1M base for 2016 is guaranteed), has $350K per game roster bonuses, and $50K workout bonuses each year, also has $4M in incentives that are NLTBE right now for receptions and receiving yards, $1M a year.

Cap numbers are below.

2016- $2.025M
2017- $2.575M
2018- $2.675M
2019- $2.925M

Average per year is $2.55M.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Terms are in, it's a 4yr/$10.2M deal, $3.5M fully guaranteed($2.5M signing bonus, and $1M base for 2016 is guaranteed), has $350K per game roster bonuses, and $50K workout bonuses each year, also has $4M in incentives that are NLTBE right now for receptions and receiving yards, $1M a year.

Cap numbers are below.

2016- $2.025M
2017- $2.575M
2018- $2.675M
2019- $2.925M

Average per year is $2.55M.

Seems like a perfectly reasonable deal. Nice sign and low cap figures.
One thing the 9ers do awesome is structure contracts.

Verbiage. It the past we've had a lot of delay of games because either we're not getting the play in time from upstairs or its taking the quarterback to long to read the play out where now it's a lot quicker. We have hand signals so you can't have 15 words through hand signals. It's gotta be boom boom boom. You get less verbiage and it's easier to remember. It's kinda genius.-Garrett Celek.

Garrett Celek is the best TE on this team. I hope even when Vance comes back, Celek continues to get the majority of the TE snaps.
One thing I've noticed, when the TEs are not involved the offense struggles. If we can get to McDonald and celek regularly. That would help gabbert a lot
Originally posted by Matchuu84:
One thing I've noticed, when the TEs are not involved the offense struggles. If we can get to McDonald and celek regularly. That would help gabbert a lot

I would say that yesterday the TE was heavily involved and our offense struggled. Ordinarily, I feel you are correct. But not yesterday.
Originally posted by Matchuu84:

Dallas did a good job at making half time adjustments to shut Celek and Kerley down. They knew they were the only two worth paying any attention to in our passing game. Kinda sad. Ive never been much of a Baalke hater but he damned us this season. Its not Kelly's fault when he has nothing to work with. Baalke should of been more aggressive in FA.
Share 49ersWebzone