LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Question for Niner Fans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LVJay:
I think you're just bored tonight

But yeah, I like the way it is now (geographically) and like SonocoNinerFan, I would like it better if the Rams were back in LA. It makes more sense (traveling wise).

I always liked your team and rooted for them when they went up against their rivals in the AFC West. However, I don't like them anymore because a lot of their obnoxious/delusional fans... you're prolly not like that, but I dunno.

And I have to agree with most people, it's not really a real rivalry quite yet... the Lambs, yes, but the other two teams, not yet.
I actually came up with this thought when Horseface Elway introduced Wes Welker at a press conference. He talked about how he was a Denver Bronco and I though: "Why the hell would anybody want to become one of those?" It invoked passions of the old AFC rvalry. The Raiders, Broncos and Chiefs were quite colorful. The Chargers are the NFC Wests version of the Cardinals.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I would want to go back to the AFC if I were the Seahawks too.

Kaepernick and the niners along with Fisher and the Rams are going to be a tough challenge.
Even the Cards have some good defense.
I am not sure it is much easier there with Payton Manning and all his new toys to play with..

Ah, the seahawks fan doesn't want to play with the big boys any more

Actually I was a big Niners fan before the move to the NFC. I remember reading about your owner (Eddie Debartolo) and what a great owner he was. He was always taking care of his players and I thought the whole organization was so classy in how they conducted themselves. It was nice to see a team win without all the hoopla (Chicago Bears superbowl Shuffle, LA Rams and their retarded song). So being a pretty loyal person I was really conflicted by this. I also like the fact that most Niner fans are knowledgable with an edge.

Here is what I am talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOYY6futWBc Cheerleaders and everything
Originally posted by Chico:
Good question! No one can rip this dude for asking it and not having a life cause we're here too!

I love the hated & heated rivalry that's building. For the longest time the 49ers whipped up on the lambs, falcons, aints & panthers that there really was no heated competition. the biggest competitor was the Cowgirls which, of course, is outside our division. This battle between the Seachickens & 49ers is becoming one of the best rivalry's in the NFL today. They have to be considered the best two teams in the league today & the favorites to win the SB next year.

So as far as i'm concerned, i've been a fan for over 30 years and this division rivalry is MUCH better than the old boring battles of the NFC West.

NFC West = Toughest division in football today!

Actually I was a fan of the Niners for a long time.. I didn't like realingnment and I had a real admiration for the Niners owner Eddie Debartolo. I thought of this when Elway had his press conference for the signing of Wes Welker; it made me want to throw up. I am not on this board to talk smack, I enjoy talking with other fans even if they are rivals. It gets boring doing the homer rah rah rah all the time. The Niners are a great franchise and have a knowlegable passionate base.
Originally posted by seahawk12thman:
Would you rather bring back Atlanta and New Orleans (while not geographically close, were your divisional rivals) and get rid of Seattle and Arizona, or are you happy with the way the division aligns now? The reason why I ask is I find myself hating Denver and Oakland a lot more to this day. I feel like there is unfinished business with them and we don't belong here. I only hate SF because you are our only close geographical rival and if feels almost forced to me. What do you fans think?

Good question, Seahawk fan. I think it's all about proximity. There's nothing forced about it because it's natural. It's a much tougher division right now and the Seahawks-Niners rivalry is a natural proximity thing. If the Rams moved back to LA, it would be even more epic. And, I really like the fact that nobody in the NFL can play the "yeah, but they play in the NFC West" card anymore. I can understand your frustration right now, though. If the Seahawks were in the AFC West, it would be a lot easier for them these days.
I am not here to piss anybody off. I realize that given the current climate of free agency, it has turned up the heat on this rivalry. I am not sure who is going to win this. The Seahawks filled some of their weaknesses and the Niners are going to need to add some depth. I am not sure what either team can do more and both are the powerhouses of the NFC..
[ Edited by seahawk12thman on Mar 17, 2013 at 10:14 AM ]
I am not here to piss anybody off. I realize that given the current climate of free agency, it has turned up the heat on this rivalry. I am not sure who is going to win this. The Seahawks filled some of their weakness and Niners are going to need to add some depth. I am not sure what either team can do more and both are the powerhouses of the NFC..

When another teams fans can come on our board and present a well thought out, and well reasoned argument such as this, we. well *I* appreciate it.
As to your question, I think the Seahawks - 49ers rivalry is building and will be a good one for a long time to come. The 49ers - Rams rivalry has been around a long time, so that one still takes precedence, but man, to think 3 years ago the NFC West was the joke of the league and look at it now - the ENVY of the league.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I am not here to piss anybody off. I realize that given the current climate of free agency, it has turned up the heat on this rivalry. I am not sure who is going to win this. The Seahawks filled some of their weaknesses and the Niners are going to need to add some depth. I am not sure what either team can do more and both are the powerhouses of the NFC..

I really don't hate on other teams--they're just players/organizations that are doing exactly what the Niners are trying to do-win in the SB and/or win another. It's usually their fan base that gets me sick, just like the Niners' fan base can get to them...

You're the type of fan that I can talk sense with, therefore, I haven't really got on your case. Although, I hope you don't get all sissified/highly offended when I clown on your team--it's just comes with the territory

I've never been on any of the rivals' forums and only look at their websites when trying to get additional info handicapping games for wagering entertainment/purposes. But if you're bored and want to talk football (rationally), I got nothing against that.
Originally posted by LVJay:

I really don't hate on other teams--they're just players/organizations that are doing exactly what the Niners are trying to do-win in the SB and/or win another. It's usually their fan base that gets me sick, just like the Niners' fan base can get to them...

You're the type of fan that I can talk sense with, therefore, I haven't really got on your case. Although, I hope you don't get all sissified/highly offended when I clown on your team--it's just comes with the territory

I've never been on any of the rivals' forums and only look at their websites when trying to get additional info handicapping games for wagering entertainment/purposes. But if you're bored and want to talk football (rationally), I got nothing against that.

Ha Ha, I am not a Seahawk hall monitor. It is f**king retarded that Seahawk fans get butt hurt when they come onto a Niner forum and see negative things posted about them. Then they blow the whistle and everybody comes running to defend. I was in the military for six years so I can take a little s**t thrown at me. I am more interested in hearing about your team this year because you are (IMHO) the only obsticle to the Superbowl. Does anybody really believe the Falcons (Even with Steven Jackson) are really going to win with their crappy defense (which by the way they lost some key players on that side of the ball)?? This team lost a 20-0 lead and a 17-0 lead at home last year in the playoffs (should have lost to us in the divisional round). Tough teams don't do that!!! They are going to face a much improved and pissed off Saints team and a much better Buc's and Panthers team. Carolina is being overlooked but that team came on strong last year and kicked the Falcons butt the second time they played them and almost beat them the first. The only sleeper team is the Cowboys because Romo will be playing for a huge contract and I expect him to have his best year (funny how that happens). I don't like the Redskins because you have now turned RG3 next year into a limted pocket passer. I can't see them running that read option unless they want to end his career. Finally the Rams; they have no wide receiver threat and loss their best running back. Whilst their defense may just as good as ours, you can't win if you don't score. And so... it is us.

I have to give you props. Your fellow bretheren that come on here are not quite as passive, so it kinda gives you guys a bad name around here, not that it would be any different on your boards for 49er fans. I can appreciate insightful debating with other team's fans like yourself though.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Ha Ha, I am not a Seahawk hall monitor. It is f**king retarded that Seahawk fans get butt hurt when they come onto a Niner forum and see negative things posted about them. Then they blow the whistle and everybody comes running to defend. I was in the military for six years so I can take a little s**t thrown at me. I am more interested in hearing about your team this year because you are (IMHO) the only obsticle to the Superbowl. Does anybody really believe the Falcons (Even with Steven Jackson) are really going to win with their crappy defense (which by the way they lost some key players on that side of the ball)?? This team lost a 20-0 lead and a 17-0 lead at home last year in the playoffs (should have lost to us in the divisional round). Tough teams don't do that!!! They are going to face a much improved and pissed off Saints team and a much better Buc's and Panthers team. Carolina is being overlooked but that team came on strong last year and kicked the Falcons butt the second time they played them and almost beat them the first. The only sleeper team is the Cowboys because Romo will be playing for a huge contract and I expect him to have his best year (funny how that happens). I don't like the Redskins because you have now turned RG3 next year into a limted pocket passer. I can't see them running that read option unless they want to end his career. Finally the Rams; they have no wide receiver threat and loss their best running back. Whilst their defense may just as good as ours, you can't win if you don't score. And so... it is us.

Yup, I believe we are the obstacle in your team's way and you guys will be in our way come playoff time. The additions they made (for immediate results) definitely will improve the team a lot, barring any injuries.

Falcons, once again will be awesome on offense, but even worse on defense than they already were. I agree, their rivals in that division will improve from last season, especially the Buccs.

If Redskins can stay healthy on Defense and protect RG3 better, they will be playoff bound, again (imo). Losing Orakpo and Carriker early in the season were major blows to the team. Although, their secondary needs serious help if they want to do any real damage in the playoffs.

I don't mind opposing teams fans in here at all. It livens up the boring off season IMO

Would you rather bring back Atlanta and New Orleans (while not geographically close, were your divisional rivals) and get rid of Seattle and Arizona, or are you happy with the way the division aligns now? The reason why I ask is I find myself hating Denver and Oakland a lot more to this day. I feel like there is unfinished business with them and we don't belong here. I only hate SF because you are our only close geographical rival and if feels almost forced to me. What do you fans think?

Honestly, the Seahawks mean nothing to me. Your team has been irrelevant throughout it's history and the only thing that makes me somewhat dislike your team is the fans. It's the same for Atlanta and New Orleans, though (New Orleans did win a championship, so they aren't necessarily irrelevant, but they didn't win it when they were in our division), so I really don't care either way.

The only true rivalry we have is with Green Bay and Dallas (more so Dallas) because they stood in our way many times in the playoffs. The raiders are a rival stricly by proximity, but a rival nonetheless. The Seahawks, Falcons and Saints haven't prevented us from winning multiple championships so I wouldn't consider them a true rival, just a division rival by default.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Mar 17, 2013 at 12:39 PM ]

See thats the problem. There shouldn't be any "heat" added to the rivalry due to offseaon. I think you guys are reading too much into the media. That is their job.

I know, it must be hard not understanding how to deal with being a top team. But i think you guys will get it eventually. Lets see if your fan base comes in here during the playoffs again when we don't even play each other like they did last year.

That is a sign of a classic noob fan base, lol

I'm just joking with you man. We like you. Stick around.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 17, 2013 at 1:37 PM ]
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
I think it is a budding, young rivalry. But not for the arms race in free agency, but because of Pete and Harbs. There is some bad juju there. As far as I am concerned, I look forward to it. Is it on the level of Green Bay/Dallas? Nah. Those rivalries have a long tradition. Still, I am not counting out the Seahawks becoming a rival with us. It's good for the fanbases, good for the game, and good for the NFL and merchandise sales. Mercia!
Doesn't matter to me - it'd probably be better to play Seattle once a year BUT in the long run playing better temas makes us better, tougher and smarter from the experence.

If you don't want to piss people then don't come to a 49er forum.
Share 49ersWebzone