There are 181 users in the forums

Craig Dahl

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
This guy was probably signed for chump change and is easily expendable. Honestly, I feel more comfortable having Dahl as depth than what we have right now.

I agree 100%. People need to stop crying already. Ed Reed was never going to happen, not if he turned down $5 mil a year from Houston. Woodson is old and creaky and Packers fans are hoping that the 49ers make him a starter much as the Rams are with this guy. I think Dahl is depth, he's going to help improve the special teams and play Goldson's role on ST. I don't think the 49ers are going to replace Goldson with just one guy and Dahl is part of that equation. He's also going to be cheap, so its quality, experienced depth at a very low price.

Not sure what people really have to cry about with this signing?

Yah I also believe Skuta and Dahl will greatly improve special teams, that's been a pain in our game too.

And we are in no way finished with free agency yet, I still think another good signing will happen.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I believe Dahl has been signed as McBaths replacement so everyone needs to chill out;

Agree 100%
Exactly why I said, was also signed to get info from Jeff Fisher.

I agree, the Rams seemed to have the 49ers number this past season. Additionally the Rams defense also did a good job of slowing down Wilson in both games they played, so its a chance to pick up someone with very good knowledge of a division rival on the cheap.
Yah I also believe Skuta and Dahl will greatly improve special teams, that's been a pain in our game too.

And we are in no way finished with free agency yet, I still think another good signing will happen.

People complained all season about the special teams struggles without Colin Jones and Costanzo and now that the 49ers are acknowledging that weakness and making moves to shore it up, people are mad because the 49ers aren't signing All-Pro starters to come in and play special teams. I don't get it.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 16, 2013 at 2:59 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
The Derek Smith of FS

he is a SS bro, jokes on you
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Why is everyone listing him as a FS? Everything I look at has him at SS.

Also, just thought I'd throw this out there, even though it's been a few years.... Dude had a very good Combine and Pro Day. 4.5 40 and good agility drills. He actually performed much better than Goldson while being half an inch shorter and 10 lbs. heavier.

Some people needed to get their facts straight.

He's played both. I guess we're referring to him as a FS because that's where our need is.

His combine results indicate he'd be a good special teams player. There is also some physical talent there.

23:16 The news cycle is back on track as Pro Football Talk reports that safety Craig Dahl is visiting the 49ers. San Francisco lost free agent FS Dashon Goldson to the Bucaneers this week, so Dahl represents a possible replacement. He played 96 percent of the Rams' snaps last season, grading at -6.1 overall for the year. Dahl is a true free safety who played "in the box" a league-low 11 percent of the time. Goldson ranked third in that department, so on the surface, it appears that Dahl will be good fit for the scheme. If there's a concern, it's Dahl's tackling as he was seventh-worst among safeties missing one out of every 5.7 tackle attempts.
Pro Football Focus

There 3rd last ranked S. (Out of a crap load). And I'm not sure why everyone thinks he's like this crazy good special team'r he's not in the top hundred for special-teams tackles last year. Don't like it at all. Oh but wait, I forgot I'm not allowed to have a different opinion, I'm just supposed to say in Baalke we trust
Originally posted by horsecore:
This.

This thread is classic NT, which is both disturbing and somehow comical all at once.

People never learn it seems.
Damn we cheap!!
Originally posted by KID9R:
23:16 The news cycle is back on track as Pro Football Talk reports that safety Craig Dahl is visiting the 49ers. San Francisco lost free agent FS Dashon Goldson to the Bucaneers this week, so Dahl represents a possible replacement. He played 96 percent of the Rams' snaps last season, grading at -6.1 overall for the year. Dahl is a true free safety who played "in the box" a league-low 11 percent of the time. Goldson ranked third in that department, so on the surface, it appears that Dahl will be good fit for the scheme. If there's a concern, it's Dahl's tackling as he was seventh-worst among safeties missing one out of every 5.7 tackle attempts.
Pro Football Focus

There 3rd last ranked S. (Out of a crap load). And I'm not sure why everyone thinks he's like this crazy good special team'r he's not in the top hundred for special-teams tackles last year. Don't like it at all. Oh but wait, I forgot I'm not allowed to have a different opinion, I'm just supposed to say in Baalke we trust
I gotta agree. His numbers on Pro Football Focus are terrible. His reputation amongst Rams fans is terrible. What makes him such a good special teams player? I can't just blindly agree with every move we make. This one has me scratching my head... Maybe the money is pittance and they see how qualities that lead them to believe he will be a special teams ace or something.
Originally posted by KID9R:
Pro Football Focus

He didn't have tackles on special teams because he wasn't on the special teams unit. He was a starter for them. He was a good special teams player prior to starting. Nobody is making this guy out to be the answer at FS. He's here for depth and special teams, and for that purpose it's a good signing.

I trust Trent. After the past 2 years most should.
WOW 1 interception really down grade
LOL.....saw this on the Rams forum.

" Re: If you ran into Craig Dahl on the streets of St. Louis... It's impossible to run into Craig Dahl. He'll take a bad angle and miss you by at least 5 yards.
"

From everything I've seen, he's a very good special teams player, but a guy whose is poor in coverage and really needs to be coached up. His single biggest issue is pulling the Adam Dunn routine when tackling. I think working with Donatell could help him a lot, St Louis hasn't exactly been a hotbed of defensive back excellence recently.
So this is how bears fans felt when they got chilo rachal...
Share 49ersWebzone