LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 134 users in the forums

Craig Dahl

Shop 49ers game tickets
We needed special teams help and we now have it. Only thing we need is a punt returner and a kicker and our special teams will kick ass. Tavon Austin and Dusty Hopkins for me please

Now go sign nnamdi and Woodson and stop trolling Trent.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Why is everyone listing him as a FS? Everything I look at has him at SS.

Also, just thought I'd throw this out there, even though it's been a few years.... Dude had a very good Combine and Pro Day. 4.5 40 and good agility drills. He actually performed much better than Goldson while being half an inch shorter and 10 lbs. heavier.

Some people needed to get their facts straight.

How many times was he selected to the pro bowl compaired to Goldson? TOO many people think the combine rates weather or not you'll be good or not... He might have had better numbers at the combine but Goldsons NFL numbers seem to have been better
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
ram fans laughing their asses off haha

http://www.clanram.com/forums/f58/signed-s-craig-dahl-51163/

jokes on them..at least we didn't lose our star running back and #1 WR

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Couldn't one of their 14 draft picks play ST? This move is puzzling.

a bulk of these picks are for trades.
Originally posted by NickV:
Well there ya go.

Hope he is better with us than he was with the rams.

Whitner and Rogers revived their careers here... but I agree... this is more of a hopeful wishing signing to meat budget than anything. Personally Signing Asomugha and moving Culliver to SS makes more since then this. But in all the front office has proved everyone wrong in the last two years and that is why the Niners are NFC champions. So let see.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Couldn't one of their 14 draft picks play ST? This move is puzzling.

a bulk of these picks are for trades.

I actually hope we trade a few for future picks in 2014.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PTulini:
@49ers: Baalke on @CraigDahl43: "He is an experienced veteran with excellent intangibles, who has working knowledge of the NFC West." #freeagency

Exactly why I said, was also signed to get info from Jeff Fisher.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:
How many times was he selected to the pro bowl compaired to Goldson? TOO many people think the combine rates weather or not you'll be good or not... He might have had better numbers at the combine but Goldsons NFL numbers seem to have been better

I was educating the people who thought he wasn't athletic.
I'm not Sherlock Holmes, but I get the feeling that this someone that Baalke may have been keeping tabs on. Seeing as how he only became a starter for the safety depleted Rams, I don't expect him to be a starter here, but he's cheap and if he can bring intensity and be a leader on special teams, he's well worth his salary.

. He entered the league with the New York Giants in 2007 as an undrafted free agent out of North Dakota State, which is where Baalke started his coaching career in 1989 as an assistant in 1989.
I believe Dahl has been signed as McBaths replacement so everyone needs to chill out;

The Derek Smith of FS

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
Front office choke job.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I agree 100%. People need to stop crying already. Ed Reed was never going to happen, not if he turned down $5 mil a year from Houston. Woodson is old and creaky and Packers fans are hoping that the 49ers make him a starter much as the Rams are with this guy. I think Dahl is depth, he's going to help improve the special teams and play Goldson's role on ST. I don't think the 49ers are going to replace Goldson with just one guy and Dahl is part of that equation. He's also going to be cheap, so its quality, experienced depth at a very low price.

Not sure what people really have to cry about with this signing?

I agree he will bring depth and is a cheap signing... But are you saying that this signing makes us better then last years squad or will keep it close to our division rivals (seahawks) growing weapon supplies on offense.
He's probably better depth than Darcel McBath, so it's cool.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'm not Sherlock Holmes, but I get the feeling that this someone that Baalke may have been keeping tabs on. Seeing as how he only became a starter for the safety depleted Rams, I don't expect him to be a starter here, but he's cheap and if he can bring intensity and be a leader on special teams, he's well worth his salary.

. He entered the league with the New York Giants in 2007 as an undrafted free agent out of North Dakota State, which is where Baalke started his coaching career in 1989 as an assistant in 1989.

This.

This thread is classic NT, which is both disturbing and somehow comical all at once.
Share 49ersWebzone