LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 317 users in the forums

Craig Dahl

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fister30:
You guys are hilarious. Some of you guys act like Dahl is a disease that will infect the entire roster.

I'm just bored, dude

actually, I look at it as an upside (since he isn't getting paid much)...

1. has few yrs experience.
2. special teamster/emergency back up at both safety positions
3. familiar with NFC WEST opponents
4. will give us insight on how to prepare for St. Louie Lamb Chops.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
3 year deal sure sounds like more than a special teams guy. But hey, who needs Goldson, right??? Harbs and Co. better be on their knees praying that our pass rush re-emerges, cuz our secondary is gonna be hurting.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
3 year deal sure sounds like more than a special teams guy. But hey, who needs Goldson, right??? Harbs and Co. better be on their knees praying that our pass rush re-emerges, cuz our secondary is gonna be hurting.

I have to believe this is all a process to a plan.
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
don't over react folks....if still sign an older vet FS and he gets injuried....Craig will step right in.

Seahawks are in trouble!

LMAO!! Great post! Why are these guys making Dahl out to be a formidable replacement based solely on "In Baalke I trust"?

He had backside there... which ended up being the WR from the other side, not the deep guy who caught the ball... that one's on #22
[ Edited by mkmasn on Mar 24, 2013 at 9:15 PM ]
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
don't over react folks....if still sign an older vet FS and he gets injuried....Craig will step right in.

Seahawks are in trouble!

LMAO!! Great post! Why are these guys making Dahl out to be a formidable replacement based solely on "In Baalke I trust"?

He had backside there... which ended up being the WR from the other side, not the deep guy who caught the ball... that one's on #22

Yeah, it also seems like #22 lost his man and let the guy get behind him.
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Mar 25, 2013 at 7:55 AM ]
Did Dahl even play special teams in St. Louis? Did he play special teams with the Giants? I've read nothing mentioning him as special teams player. If he's been signed as a backup safety then that leads me to believe that the coaches think someone currently on the roster is ready to step up. We have a plethora of backup safeties on the roster now and will more than likely add another in the draft. Still puzzled by this signing. I know money wise its nothing but signed for three years? This guy better be ready to spill his guts about the Rams defense otherwise this signing is more pointless than tits on a boar.
Lot of discussion for a guy that isn't even going to be starting.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
dude is a beast. The rest of the NFC west just s**t their pants. Rumor is that the Hawks offered him 9 million/year, but he wanted to play for the 9ers.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fister30:
You guys are hilarious. Some of you guys act like Dahl is a disease that will infect the entire roster.
you must have missed the staff meeting. this guy is the scurge of our times he is a respectable blue collar JH kind of player who can play both free and strong and will be a factor on special teams. that is how i look at it and not sure why there has to be so much snark in this forum on this guy
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Did Dahl even play special teams in St. Louis? Did he play special teams with the Giants? I've read nothing mentioning him as special teams player. If he's been signed as a backup safety then that leads me to believe that the coaches think someone currently on the roster is ready to step up. We have a plethora of backup safeties on the roster now and will more than likely add another in the draft. Still puzzled by this signing. I know money wise its nothing but signed for three years? This guy better be ready to spill his guts about the Rams defense otherwise this signing is more pointless than tits on a boar.
i believe he was captain of the rams special teams a year ago. everyone here is signed for a reason . what that reason is does not matter to me because by following this type of philosophy we have won two divisional titles and have been to a super bowl. untill that changes , carry on with the current way of doing things

Originally posted by NinerG94:

He was the special teams captain and personal protector on punts the whole time he was in St. Louis.

Edit: *sigh* People should really REALLY do some research before getting diarrhea of the mouth.

And I'm the first one to admit when I make a mistake.
[ Edited by Beeker on Mar 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Beeker:
He was the special teams captain and personal protector on punts the whole time he was in St. Louis.

Edit: *sigh* People should really REALLY do some research before getting diarrhea of the mouth.

Co-signed.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Beeker:

And I'm the first one to admit when I make a mistake.

Co-signed.

Edited, fixed

This. The defensive back got caught peaking in the backfield and got lit up. They were fortunate that Dahl made the save on that play, not sure why anyone would bring that up as something that is against him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This. The defensive back got caught peaking in the backfield and got lit up. They were fortunate that Dahl made the save on that play, not sure why anyone would bring that up as something that is against him.

Because there are people on this forum who, for whatever reason, cannot, under ANY circumstances, be optimistic about anything the 49ers do. They could win the next 3 SB's and these same folks would find fault with all 3 victories.

"Well, Kaep threw an interception!"
"Well, Gore only ran for 98 yards!"
"Well, Crabs and Boldin only caught 3 td's each!"

And so on, ad nauseum.
Share 49ersWebzone