There are 258 users in the forums

Craig Dahl

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Maicco said in his chat that Dahl could very well be the starter in 2013. Baalke has decided to put his faith in the secondary on Dahl or a rookie. I'm absolutely stunned he's done nothing to the secondary. Secondary repeatedly was torched in the playoffs and he's gone out and done absolutely nothing to address it. I'll see how this plays out but if the season starts and our safety's are getting abused I won't go lightly on Mr. Baalke. He thinks he can get every player for a bargain but sometimes you get what you pay for.

Calm down, everyone, please. The Niners have three picks in the first 63 positions in a draft that has at least three corners and two safeties that analysts say could step right in and start on any NFL team. Baalke and Harbaugh are not done with the secondary. It's silly in the extreme to jump to that conclusion at this point.
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/1/11/3865382/heres-craig-dahls-2012-season-through-gifs

for anyone who actually thinks dahl would be a good starter.... enjoy
Originally posted by amg1713:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
spillman made one of the most important plays of our playoff run when he receovered that muffed punt against GB

That doesn't change the fact that our ST unit was weak for a good portion of the season. Skuta is probably replacing Tavares Gooden. Dahl is probably replacing C.J. Spillman. D Walk is gone. McBath didn't get tendered. Akers was cut. If I was Anthony Dixon I'd be shaking in my boots right now, because the 2012 version of the Tony Montana squad is getting a complete overhaul.

C.J. Spillman is still on the team brother.

[ Edited by redrathman on Mar 16, 2013 at 8:17 PM ]
Someone else must make the tackle when D. Walker and A. Dixon are being blocked in the back that isn't called by the ref. We need more guys like Skuta and Dahl on special team to pick up the slack, especially now that Walker is gone.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
why can't he be starter? he started for the Rams the past 2 years and the rams did have a solid defense.

if he play's well enough to be then even better
This dude some s**t
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Originally posted by CdnNinerfan:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
C.J. Spillman's contract: 3 yr $4.2 million

Craig Dahl's contract : 3 yr $5 million

For the last time, THIS IS BACKUP + SPECIAL TEAMS MONEY. Dahl is not replacing Goldson, so everyone STFU about how he's not as good as Goldson. No s**t! We'll grab our replacement in the draft. Sheesh....

please resend this every hour till everyone understands that he isn't a starter

why can't he be starter? he started for the Rams the past 2 years and the rams did have a solid defense.

he aint starting
You guys can make up what you want and believe what you want but Dahl is a joke. He simply isn't a NFL starter and to sign this clown now is total BS. You could've waited the entire market out and still signed this 2nd to 3rd string nobody. I'm not the least bit thrilled with this waste of cap space. We traded Colin Jones for a 7th round pick in 2014 and gave this guy 3 years and 5 million dollars. This was a brain fart by Baalke.
[ Edited by SanFranFanfrmVa on Mar 16, 2013 at 8:25 PM ]
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
At this point shouldn't we be fairly confident in the decisions the front office makes? I am.

Exactly. Some fans never learn their lesson. Every off season it's the same s**t.

OMG Alex Smith??? NOOO!

OMG Carlos Rogers??? NOOOO!

OMG Donte Whitner??? NOOO!

OMG Every-Diamond-In-The-Rough FA??? WTF ARE THEY THEENKING DOOD!!!! LUK AT TEH EAGLZ...THEY WILL KILL IT THYS YRZ!
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
At this point shouldn't we be fairly confident in the decisions the front office makes? I am.

Exactly. Some fans never learn their lesson. Every off season it's the same s**t.

OMG Alex Smith??? NOOO!

OMG Every-Diamond-In-The-Rough FA??? WTF ARE THEY THEENKING DOOD!!!! LUK AT TEH EAGLZ...THEY WILL KILL IT THYS YRZ!
Jacobs........

Now that I know the contract figures I'm a little more content. Would still like to sign one of the 3 big name dbs that are left and draft their replacement
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

OMG Alex Smith??? NOOO!

Jacobs........

Nice
Craig went undrafted, so he might be one of those slow developing player at safety that is improving. Even Goldson took 2 years to break into a starter and didn't really play the position well until the last 2 years. Dahl seems to have the athletic ability and the size. If he has any instinct at the position, he should be good.
  • thl408
Special teamer with starter experience.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/1/11/3865382/heres-craig-dahls-2012-season-through-gifs

for anyone who actually thinks dahl would be a good starter.... enjoy

Tough to watch but he was getting beat by AP, Kap, Rg3, Lynch etc so can't fault him too much on those. Dude can't tackle low though from what I observed. Let's grade him on his ST play this season.
Would everyone please relax!! The jacoby jones return has the front office trying to sure up one of our weakest units on the field. What do you expect Trent and Jim to tell Dahl when they bring him in? He's gonna have a chance to compete for the starting job. Will he get it...we all hope not! At the very least this special teams unit will be much more improved from last season. He's an emergency S replacement during the season and a special teams ace along with Skuta. Hopefully our ST problems are gone
Share 49ersWebzone