LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 356 users in the forums

Craig Dahl

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sick9erfan:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
The Derek Smith of FS

This is an effort player who will sell out on special teams and most importantly be OK with an open competition in camp and preseason.

You think Woodson or Delmas or Reed would be OK with a legit competition with a high draft pick like Reid or Cyprien or any of the 49ers current prospects?

This team builds through the draft, if you want free agency fireworks there is a team up north that is good at that.

3 yr 5 milli under 1mil bonus, ok you can come out and say I was right now guys.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
3yr 5 million come on guys

we overpaid, this guy is garbage

Sure, we know. You're a much more astute judge of talent than Trent Baalke is. It's just too bad for all of us that you're not sitting in his chair. Thanks for your input.

And, one more thing. Before you play this card, let me state that I'm getting tired of this repeated meme that people are "blindly following Baalke" or "blindly following Harbaugh." Nonsense. Nobody is blindly following anyone. I can only speak for myself, but what I'm doing is respecting Baalke's ability as a GM based on the last few years of performance. It's called respect, not subservience or "following". There's a difference. Yes, I've seen Baalke make moves that people like you characterized as "garbage," and these moves have turned out mostly for the best. The team has been enjoying success. You clearly think you're smarter than Baalke or you wouldn't blurt out something like "we overpaid, this guy is garbage." Well, you know what? You'll have to pardon me for figuring that Baalke knows what he's doing. Because Baalke has earned my respect as a GM.

And, before you start crying big wet tears and start pretending that someone is trying to deprive you of your basic human rights, let me also emphasize that you're entitled to your opinion. But, there's no rule that says I have to respect your opinion just as there is no rule saying you have to respect mine. Baalke, on the other hand, has a record we can all study. Baalke has a track record. Baalke is respected throughout a league of professionals for the way he is managing this franchise. And I just find it strange when anonymous posters around here can't muster up the slightest amount of respect for Baalke when the rest of the NFL thinks he knows what he's doing.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
From MM's chat

I think with a three-year deal, Dahl is a serious option as a starter in 2013. But, as he said, there will be competition that he faces. It could come from a low-priced veteran, someone already on the roster but, more than likely, from a rookie.
by Matt Maiocco CSN 4:07 PM

Guess what? We still got CAP SPACE 4 shhhhhhhhhhh REVIS

Nnamdi
And one more thing. Get off my lawn!
I wonder how much is guaranteed, I can't see this guy starting no matter how hard you spin it. Great he is a team player, but if a rook comes in and cleans house as a starter will he remain past this year?
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
he's taking over for dashon. let the bashing begin!

Are you sure that is what they signed him for? Maybe just depth and special teams. He may or may not be the replacement for Goldson as the starter.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
cheap as York's ain't got no money left after spending it all on the stadium so they signing scrubs like this. lol
VERY deep FS/SS draft and we have 19 pages of whining about Craig Dahl signing. HEHE.............AMAZING
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Are you sure that is what they signed him for? Maybe just depth and special teams. He may or may not be the replacement for Goldson as the starter.

Originally posted by susweel:
cheap as York's ain't got no money left after spending it all on the stadium so they signing scrubs like this. lol
After all these years still bashing york.........
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

After all these years still bashing york.........

just adding to the rage, lol

just adding to the rage, lol

VERY deep FS/SS draft and we have 19 pages of whining about Craig Dahl signing. HEHE.............AMAZING

Annnnnnnnnnnd this is why we are called the forty whiners. We're not paying this guy starter money. He 's an excellent depth addition and could be a solid special teamer. The over-reactions of the zone never cease to amaze me.
Lol.... WoW
Really though everyone hold back the rage, dont smash your computers..

Because they attack back...
Share 49ersWebzone