There are 203 users in the forums

Craig Dahl

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
don't over react folks....if still sign an older vet FS and he gets injuried....Craig will step right in.

he has experience in the NFC WEST... look how well he contains the Beast.

THANK GOD he is on our side now!

Seahawks are in trouble!

LMAO!! Great post! Why are these guys making Dahl out to be a formidable replacement based solely on "In Baalke I trust"?

So if we make the same number of gifs of Goldson getting burned does that mean he is a fair replacement?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i really hate it when people cherry pick videos or print articles to try to prove thier "point" about the illogical hate for a player we have not even seen in our uniform. talk about taking something out of context. you can cherry pick alot of clips from our last game with the seattle but what the f**k does it really prove
seriously guys? Goldson wasn't the best tackler either. He was a head hunter, same with Whitner, which I hate. Tackle your man.

But for Dahl, why do people b***h about the signing? He got $700k guaranteed, he got $5.25M over 3 seasons, he is a ST guy most likely, we will draft a top notch FS I hope.

Wait to see him in a 49er uniform, and then make a judgment.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
seriously guys? Goldson wasn't the best tackler either. He was a head hunter, same with Whitner, which I hate. Tackle your man.

But for Dahl, why do people b***h about the signing? He got $700k guaranteed, he got $5.25M over 3 seasons, he is a ST guy most likely, we will draft a top notch FS I hope.

Yup. His contract is the biggest indicator to what his role will be. Dahl's deal is similar in length and $$$ to Spillman's, which seems to indicate he's a backup safety and ST guy. He could be a spot-starter if we need him to be, but all signs point toward us taking a safety with one of our first picks.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Yup. His contract is the biggest indicator to what his role will be. Dahl's deal is similar in length and $$$ to Spillman's, which seems to indicate he's a backup safety and ST guy. He could be a spot-starter if we need him to be, but all signs point toward us taking a safety with one of our first picks.

Exactly. We will draft a Safety early, maybe 2, with Whitner a FA after 2013.
Lol @ those gifs
But for Dahl, why do people b***h about the signing?
Because he's white they figure he must be a poor athlete.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Beeker:
He was the special teams captain and personal protector on punts the whole time he was in St. Louis.

Edit: *sigh* People should really REALLY do some research before getting diarrhea of the mouth.

And I'm the first one to admit when I make a mistake.

OK damn, I honestly didn't know and was just asking. I didn't want to go back and watch the Rams games to find out if this guy was a special teams ace or not. My bad. You telling me to do some research and getting diarrhea of the mouth is pretty funny though. I'm not questioning the signing as much as I'm trying to figure out who's going to step up. We have plenty of backup safeties that play special teams so don't act like this move shouldn't be questioned.

I have as much faith in the FO as next guy but this move is odd, I dont care how you spin it. There's more to this signing than backup safety and special teams. Is Dahl going to start? No, but someone has to be moving up on the roster. There's no reason for this many backup safeties and special teams players and thats all I'm trying to figure out. No need to risk falling off your high horse trying to scold me for it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by maxsmart:

people hate a guy who can be a good back up and fill in starter for us plus be a great special teams and good locker room guy and yet they slobber over underachievers like arnez battle and nate davis

Originally posted by NinerG94:
OK damn, I honestly didn't know and was just asking. I didn't want to go back and watch the Rams games to find out if this guy was a special teams ace or not. My bad. You telling me to do some research and getting diarrhea of the mouth is pretty funny though. I'm not questioning the signing as much as I'm trying to figure out who's going to step up. We have plenty of backup safeties that play special teams so don't act like this move shouldn't be questioned.

I have as much faith in the FO as next guy but this move is odd, I dont care how you spin it. There's more to this signing than backup safety and special teams. Is Dahl going to start? No, but someone has to be moving up on the roster. There's no reason for this many backup safeties and special teams players and thats all I'm trying to figure out. No need to risk falling off your high horse trying to scold me for it.

I agree. I'm wondering if Baalke thinks the FS position is somewhat less of a priority. That and if they're keeping the big $$$$ contracts for other more "important" positions.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

I agree. I'm wondering if Baalke thinks the FS position is somewhat less of a priority. That and if they're keeping the big $$$$ contracts for other more "important" positions.

I think its obvious, they are saving future cap room for the big 5 FAs in 2015. That's why we wouldn't match the offers for RJF, Delanie and Goldson.
37 pages for a backup Safety,
Originally posted by Beeker:
He was the special teams captain and personal protector on punts the whole time he was in St. Louis.

Edit: *sigh* People should really REALLY do some research before getting diarrhea of the mouth.

And I'm the first one to admit when I make a mistake.

Okay, maybe I overreacted.

Okay, fine, I overreacted.

There just seems to be an overabundance of people not bothering to even go to WIkipedia *snicker* to check out a new player. Not necessarily YOU, but, just in general and it gets ....... annoying, at times.

My bad. Carry on.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by maxsmart:

people hate a guy who can be a good back up and fill in starter for us plus be a great special teams and good locker room guy and yet they slobber over underachievers like arnez battle and nate davis and overrated has beens like Woodson and Nnamdi.

FYP brah
[ Edited by Beeker on Mar 26, 2013 at 3:13 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone