There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign Craig Dahl to 3 year deal

Lot of discussion for a guy that isn't even going to be starting.
dude is a beast. The rest of the NFC west just s**t their pants. Rumor is that the Hawks offered him 9 million/year, but he wanted to play for the 9ers.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,911
Originally posted by fister30:
You guys are hilarious. Some of you guys act like Dahl is a disease that will infect the entire roster.
you must have missed the staff meeting. this guy is the scurge of our times he is a respectable blue collar JH kind of player who can play both free and strong and will be a factor on special teams. that is how i look at it and not sure why there has to be so much snark in this forum on this guy
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,911
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Did Dahl even play special teams in St. Louis? Did he play special teams with the Giants? I've read nothing mentioning him as special teams player. If he's been signed as a backup safety then that leads me to believe that the coaches think someone currently on the roster is ready to step up. We have a plethora of backup safeties on the roster now and will more than likely add another in the draft. Still puzzled by this signing. I know money wise its nothing but signed for three years? This guy better be ready to spill his guts about the Rams defense otherwise this signing is more pointless than tits on a boar.
i believe he was captain of the rams special teams a year ago. everyone here is signed for a reason . what that reason is does not matter to me because by following this type of philosophy we have won two divisional titles and have been to a super bowl. untill that changes , carry on with the current way of doing things
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Did Dahl even play special teams in St. Louis? Did he play special teams with the Giants? I've read nothing mentioning him as special teams player. If he's been signed as a backup safety then that leads me to believe that the coaches think someone currently on the roster is ready to step up. We have a plethora of backup safeties on the roster now and will more than likely add another in the draft. Still puzzled by this signing. I know money wise its nothing but signed for three years? This guy better be ready to spill his guts about the Rams defense otherwise this signing is more pointless than tits on a boar.

He was the special teams captain and personal protector on punts the whole time he was in St. Louis.

Edit: *sigh* People should really REALLY do some research before getting diarrhea of the mouth.

And I'm the first one to admit when I make a mistake.
[ Edited by Beeker on Mar 25, 2013 at 4:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Beeker:
He was the special teams captain and personal protector on punts the whole time he was in St. Louis.

Edit: *sigh* People should really REALLY do some research before getting diarrhea of the mouth.

Co-signed.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Beeker:
He was the special teams captain and personal protector on punts the whole time he was in St. Louis.

Edit: *sigh* People should really REALLY do some research before getting diarrhea of the mouth.
And I'm the first one to admit when I make a mistake.

Co-signed.

Edited, fixed
Originally posted by mkmasn:
He had backside there... which ended up being the WR from the other side, not the deep guy who caught the ball... that one's on #22

This. The defensive back got caught peaking in the backfield and got lit up. They were fortunate that Dahl made the save on that play, not sure why anyone would bring that up as something that is against him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
He had backside there... which ended up being the WR from the other side, not the deep guy who caught the ball... that one's on #22

This. The defensive back got caught peaking in the backfield and got lit up. They were fortunate that Dahl made the save on that play, not sure why anyone would bring that up as something that is against him.

Because there are people on this forum who, for whatever reason, cannot, under ANY circumstances, be optimistic about anything the 49ers do. They could win the next 3 SB's and these same folks would find fault with all 3 victories.

"Well, Kaep threw an interception!"
"Well, Gore only ran for 98 yards!"
"Well, Crabs and Boldin only caught 3 td's each!"


And so on, ad nauseum.
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
don't over react folks....if still sign an older vet FS and he gets injuried....Craig will step right in.







he has experience in the NFC WEST... look how well he contains the Beast.





THANK GOD he is on our side now!





Seahawks are in trouble!





LMAO!! Great post! Why are these guys making Dahl out to be a formidable replacement based solely on "In Baalke I trust"?

So if we make the same number of gifs of Goldson getting burned does that mean he is a fair replacement?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,911
i really hate it when people cherry pick videos or print articles to try to prove thier "point" about the illogical hate for a player we have not even seen in our uniform. talk about taking something out of context. you can cherry pick alot of clips from our last game with the seattle but what the f**k does it really prove
seriously guys? Goldson wasn't the best tackler either. He was a head hunter, same with Whitner, which I hate. Tackle your man.

But for Dahl, why do people b***h about the signing? He got $700k guaranteed, he got $5.25M over 3 seasons, he is a ST guy most likely, we will draft a top notch FS I hope.

Wait to see him in a 49er uniform, and then make a judgment.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
seriously guys? Goldson wasn't the best tackler either. He was a head hunter, same with Whitner, which I hate. Tackle your man.

But for Dahl, why do people b***h about the signing? He got $700k guaranteed, he got $5.25M over 3 seasons, he is a ST guy most likely, we will draft a top notch FS I hope.

Wait to see him in a 49er uniform, and then make a judgment.

Yup. His contract is the biggest indicator to what his role will be. Dahl's deal is similar in length and $$$ to Spillman's, which seems to indicate he's a backup safety and ST guy. He could be a spot-starter if we need him to be, but all signs point toward us taking a safety with one of our first picks.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
seriously guys? Goldson wasn't the best tackler either. He was a head hunter, same with Whitner, which I hate. Tackle your man.

But for Dahl, why do people b***h about the signing? He got $700k guaranteed, he got $5.25M over 3 seasons, he is a ST guy most likely, we will draft a top notch FS I hope.

Wait to see him in a 49er uniform, and then make a judgment.

Yup. His contract is the biggest indicator to what his role will be. Dahl's deal is similar in length and $$$ to Spillman's, which seems to indicate he's a backup safety and ST guy. He could be a spot-starter if we need him to be, but all signs point toward us taking a safety with one of our first picks.


Exactly. We will draft a Safety early, maybe 2, with Whitner a FA after 2013.
Lol @ those gifs
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home