LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 323 users in the forums

Craig Dahl

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This guy was probably signed for chump change and is easily expendable. Honestly, I feel more comfortable having Dahl as depth than what we have right now.

I agree 100%. People need to stop crying already. Ed Reed was never going to happen, not if he turned down $5 mil a year from Houston. Woodson is old and creaky and Packers fans are hoping that the 49ers make him a starter much as the Rams are with this guy. I think Dahl is depth, he's going to help improve the special teams and play Goldson's role on ST. I don't think the 49ers are going to replace Goldson with just one guy and Dahl is part of that equation. He's also going to be cheap, so its quality, experienced depth at a very low price.

Not sure what people really have to cry about with this signing?

Yah I also believe Skuta and Dahl will greatly improve special teams, that's been a pain in our game too.

And we are in no way finished with free agency yet, I still think another good signing will happen.

Best takes on this move that I've seen so far - no crying, no pretending you know what Baalke is doing and no pretending you're smarter than Trent.
Originally posted by Rams:
He's terrible in coverage, and tackling. He's slow, and was gutted repeatedly. Which team was it that couldn't beat the Rams last year? Oh yeah..

Take a break.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Web zone specialties: jumping to conclusions, over-reacting, playing the drama queen, channeling Chicken Little and thinking you're smarter than Trent Baalke.

You've got to admit - it's The Way of the Web Zone. And there are lots of black belts in the discipline around here.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Web zone specialties: jumping to conclusions, over-reacting, playing the drama queen, channeling Chicken Little and thinking you're smarter than Trent Baalke.

Don't forget the: in Baalke I trust, blatant homerism, our coaches will fix him. If we can't share our opinion on the web zone where else should we?
I guess it would be a lot better on the zone if all the conversations went:
"So were the best team aren't we?"
"Ya we rule!"
And repeat
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Rams:
He's terrible in coverage, and tackling. He's slow, and was gutted repeatedly. Which team was it that couldn't beat the Rams last year? Oh yeah..

Take a break.

Yes, he's terribly slow: Dahl 40 time: 4.53; Goldson 40 time: 4.61
Originally posted by KID9R:
Don't forget the: in Baalke I trust, blatant homerism, our coaches will fix him. If we can't share our opinion on the web zone where else should we?
"Ya we rule!"
And repeat

Except the "trust Baalke" crowd for some crazy reason has a far better track record over the past few years then the "OMG, WE SUCK AGAIN" crowd.......

Give it a break guys, he will NOT start for us at safety. Calm down. Let things play out.

"Ya we rule!"
And repeat

Amen
You've got to admit - it's The Way of the Web Zone. And there are lots of black belts in the discipline around here.

You're 100% right. It's amazing at this point that people still think they know how to manage a roster better than Harbaalke. We'll never learn.

You and SashRoxx-1 are so right, have said this before, there seems to be 99% on here that are in meetings with Baalke 24/7 and have bull horns telling us the truith,why waht will happen next....and what is so funny is the suckers who drink there kool-aid

Originally posted by PTulini:
@49ers: Baalke on @CraigDahl43: "He is an experienced veteran with excellent intangibles, who has working knowledge of the NFC West." #freeagency

Exactly why I said, was also signed to get info from Jeff Fisher.

yea he'll contribute more on ST and informing coaches inside info on Jeff Fisher/Rams Defense
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Maybe he is going to replace CJ Spillman on ST and gice Spillman a shot at becoming a starter.

This is what I was thinking. Unless we draft a super star safety, Spillman will be the starter.

"Ya we rule!"
And repeat

Hey drama queen: nobody's saying you can't share your opinion. Knock yourself out! Please demonstrate your vast superiority over Trent Baalke in football smarts! It's always fun to watch. And, while you're at it, let's hear again all the many reason why you're sure the Niners are going down, down, down. It takes a lot of guts to predict failure since 31 out of 32 teams do it every single year.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
"Ya we rule!"
And repeat

Except the "trust Baalke" crowd for some crazy reason has a far better track record over the past few years then the "OMG, WE SUCK AGAIN" crowd.......

Gentlemen
I have just suspended Rams for a week for inflammatory posting. Happy to offer the same service to yourselves.
Yes, he's terribly slow: Dahl 40 time: 4.53; Goldson 40 time: 4.61

Yea people just open their mouth without having any substance. He also had more tackles than Goldson. People just need to chill out. Safeties aren't flying off the market. Dahl and Skuta are clearly depth and ST. Wait till the end of FA to start panicing. Seriously it's ridiculous. THE FRONT OFFICE IS SMARTER THAN YOU so please.just give it a rest.
Share 49ersWebzone