There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers signed LB Dan Skuta to a two-year contract.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
We needed the ST coverage help. It declined without Costanzo.

You're being to nice, it was down right special ed teams! Outside of Andy lee and Jennings everyone sucked balls...
Move him to safety!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
We needed the ST coverage help. It declined without Costanzo.

You're being to nice, it was down right special ed teams! Outside of Andy lee and Jennings everyone sucked balls...

Definitely. Wilhoite played well after getting called up, but we will likely look for special teams stalwarts with at least a couple of our bevy of picks. I like how we're set up though -- tons of picks to overload on positions and let them compete to see who rises to the top as the best potential star or starter for the future.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Welcome Dan "Motor" Skuta
Smart move by Trent.

More are coming and he'll have at least one surprise pick-up.
I love this signing. Gives us stability at the ST spot, plus a good Linebacker. I wouldn't be mad if we let Gooden and Grant go. I like Wilhoite and his potential. Plus Spillman is a ST Ace right now, with FS/SS possibility. This signing could make our ST better. We just need a Kicker.
Skuta and Dahl will improve our special teams ....the "Tony Montana Squad" is BACK
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Skuta and Dahl will improve our special teams ....the "Tony Montana Squad" is BACK

thank god the coaches saw that as a crying need and took steps to improve it
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Dan Skuta's two-year deal is worth $3 million, including $300,000 bonus, $150,000 roster bonus, $50,000 annual workout bonuses, escalator
Originally posted by crabman82:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Dan Skuta's two-year deal is worth $3 million, including $300,000 bonus, $150,000 roster bonus, $50,000 annual workout bonuses, escalator

good find.

Cap figures below.

2013- $1.35M
2014- $1.65M
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN
LB/ST Dan Skuta officially signed two-year, $3 million contract with 49ers, including $300,000 signing bonus, source said. 2013 cap: $1.35M.
I watched Bengals/Texans in the playoffs last night (tivo style) and I have to say this guy looked really good going inside the tackle and making the play. I think he's going to see some snaps on ST and ILB. I think playing beside Bowman/Willis will fit him really well. I like this signing a lot more. Our ILB our beasts but they need rotation too and if something was to happen to one of them I think he would be a decent backup.
I must be the only one who has no idea who the f**k these people are. Hopefully somebody good though....
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BayArea:
I must be the only one who has no idea who the f**k these people are. Hopefully somebody good though....

they are under the radar people who have been chosen to address a glaring need in our team. they are the little things that make up the big things. they are just as important as the "big names" with all of the flashy bows and ribbons
Originally posted by BayArea:

Special teams ace.

Almost forgot we signed this dude.