LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 135 users in the forums

Manningham heading no where, lowers base salary

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
For those who are wondering, my name is the guy on that article, Jason Hurley.

I am just so thankful I was given credit by Maiocco. It feels great.

You deserve the credit. I don't mind continuing to say you do a heck of a job AB. Kudos bro
[ Edited by SFrush on Mar 14, 2013 at 5:55 PM ]
  • thl408
If he doesn't accept the paycut, he gets cut. No team would sign a WR coming off that kind of injury so he may have trouble getting a contract in 13-14. And also, who knows what team would show interest. He might have to go to some undesired team. Here, he gets to stay put, rehab, then when the time comes, join in on a fantastic offense. Let's not think he did this out of the kindness of his heart.

He took a half salary cut which is inline with when he may see the field again.
Cool AB but he said Jason Hurley of NinersNation.com and not Ninercaphell.com and like someone said PFT said Jay so they quoted Maiocco's article wrong. Amazing how info can spread.

Anyone with an account on PFT or CSN.. might be able to use facebook should login and mention it; maybe they will correct it.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 14, 2013 at 6:01 PM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
On the surface it is a smart move. Reasons are still unknown as stated in above remarks.

I hope he can come back.

well it is simple. manningham makes an extra 600k and the niners save 1.8mil. a win for both.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by baltien:
Dude has sick hands....just can't seem to stay healthy. If he manages to this season, imagine Crabs, Boldin, and Ham all on the field at the same time.

Man....

AND Quinton Patton? That would just be ridiculous.

And AJ Jenkins??

I don't get why so many 49er fans overlook Jenkins. I know he dropped some balls but he hasn't exactly had many opportunities. His college highlights are f**king sick.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BayArea:
I don't get why so many 49er fans overlook Jenkins. I know he dropped some balls but he hasn't exactly had many opportunities. His college highlights are f**king sick.

Ball. He dropped A ball. He only had one pass thrown his way all season. which he dropped. Dude did not at all get a chance to show his ability.
Dude has sick hands....just can't seem to stay healthy. If he manages to this season, imagine Crabs, Boldin, and Ham all on the field at the same time.

Man....

And AJ Jenkins??

Now lets compare to Crabtree who wasn't even with the team half of his rookie year. Opportunities or not, you can't hide talent. Jenkins is a disappointment so far.
Great news. I really think we woulda won the SB if he was healthy.

Originally posted by Joecool:

Man....

And AJ Jenkins??

Now lets compare to Crabtree who wasn't even with the team half of his rookie year. Opportunities or not, you can't hide talent. Jenkins is a disappointment so far.

The dude straight balled though when he was in college. I know this isn't the same but Jenkins has gotten nothing thrown his way. Jenkins has it in him to be better than Crabs. We can't give up on the kid that fast. Look at our stud Vernon Davis. He was a bust straight up his rookie season and now he is a top 3 TE in the league. I think in recent years we have held some of our young talent to an unfair level of expectations. I don't doubt Jenkins could be one of the top 10 best in the NFL if given the chance.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Man....

And AJ Jenkins??

The dude straight balled though when he was in college. I know this isn't the same but Jenkins has gotten nothing thrown his way. Jenkins has it in him to be better than Crabs. We can't give up on the kid that fast. Look at our stud Vernon Davis. He was a bust straight up his rookie season and now he is a top 3 TE in the league. I think in recent years we have held some of our young talent to an unfair level of expectations. I don't doubt Jenkins could be one of the top 10 best in the NFL if given the chance.
The 2011 rookie class set an unfair expectation to the 2012 class.

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Oh s**t AB is making it big time!

We can say we knew him when...
Get better and keep working your way back to shape Mario.
he's a great reciever..hope he heals up
Good. Glad he is sticking around.
That dirty hit by that scum Leroy Hill cost Rio some dough. 2011 Hill kneed Delanie in the jaw while he was on the ground and now he goes low on Rio's knee? Man he better be glad he got cut because if I were a niner when I saw him Imma bring hat even if it is after the whistle
Share 49ersWebzone