LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

If you had to pick ONE, Ball Hawking FS or Shutdown CB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If you had to pick ONE, Ball Hawking FS or Shutdown CB?

• Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Come on dude this isn't elementary school step off with these wack threats

wtf? did i miss something?
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
On our current roster, i would take the S.

I think the CB position is more solid than the S position on our roster currently.

THIS
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
If you have a shut down corner and your FS can't help out the rest of the secondary, then it only means that you have NOLAN as your head coach, and
Mark Roman as your FS.

ball hawk FS with out good CB support will be in trouble.

A shut down CB makes the entire defense better
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Shutdown Corner

This I want a corner that can take away an entire side of the field.
this is like asking do you want sanders or hanks....

I love hanks ....but com'on
Reason why CB's get paid more than safety's
I would take a shutdown corner. Half of the field is taken away and the top receiver becomes invisible.
Cornerback
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Shutdown Corner

And it's not even close.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I would take a shutdown corner. Half of the field is taken away and the top receiver becomes invisible.

This
Get a Shut Down corner like a Dieon Sanders (Yeah he stunk as a tackler BUT he didn't really have to tackle...) When he covered a guy that side of the field was not generally even looked at by the opposing QB..so you have 1/2 the field GONE
[ Edited by SashRoxx-1 on Mar 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM ]
Shut that b***h down! one side of the field doesnt exist when you have a shutdown corner. a good FS just cleans up after his corners got burnt lol
Shuter-downers the can isolate up to of a quarter of the qb's vision and shrink the itinerary of a game plan. Most cases the teams most explosive weapon is their Wideout. If you play man the results vary a bit but, a shut down corner is the greatest difference-maker.
Even if you place the Shutdown on the teams 2nd option you can then successfully double the 1st option all night and get away with it.
Share 49ersWebzone