LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

2013 Team Needs - Updates

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I don't know the Bears have a bad OL and if he couldn't hack it there not sure we want him.

Anyways, I have updated needs for next year's draft as CB, SS (if Whitner's gone), WR. Then we need OL depth, DE Depth and a 3rd QB. I could see us drafting or even trading for a G/T or C/G versatile guy. Also, hopefully Kilgore is ready to take over at C. He's quick enough but he could definitely get stronger. If he isn't ready and we don't want to spend money on Goodwin then it's definitely a need an early need.

I think his release had more to do with stuff off the field then his play. He does need to be coached up and pushed to maximize his talent both things 49ers coaches are great at.
Well even if they do Boldin, Mannigham, Williams, Moore, Hawkins (if he makes it) are all FAs after this year. Can't count on all those guys to be back with us trying to save money. Leaves Crabtree, Patton and Boldin under contract.

And with CB even if they do well Brown, Asomugha, Cox, Brock, Wright are all free agents so leaves Culliver and Rogers under contract.

I can see them signing guys during the year to try and solidify the position. But not all, so you are likely correct. As for DBs...same.

From what I read Browns fans were really really happy to get rid of him. Don't see the point when we have Miller. He'd just be backup FB and maybe ST guy?

Harbaugh stated the greatest need this year was to improve STs so this may be a step toward that goal. If I remember correctly from his Stanford days, he was a Swiss Army knife--played all over the place with tremendous energy.
Originally posted by xcfan:
do ya think harbs brings in marecic?

There you go! We signed him AND I have been saying we needed a pure FB to back up Miller!
Current Interests/Needs (in order of importance IMHO) - Note that top tier = higher need & second tier = secondary need (some breathing room). If a need is labeled top tier, it could also indicate the large drop off in talent from a starter to the next-man-up.

Top Tier T - We needed a "swing T" so we got three: Carter Bykowski and Luke Marquardt (PUP) and we brought back Adam Snyder. That said, Marquardt is on the NFI list, Bykowski was cut and NOBODY wants Snyder to be the backside blocker for CK (hand injury as well). Worse off, if there is another injury to Staley, we may have to mess with the chemistry along the entire OL and move Boone from RG to T (not easy to adjust to on the fly) and insert someone else at RG (2 of 5 positions); that would be Looney (LG) or Kilgore. This is NOT good. We still have a major hole here IMHO. I'm waiting for us to pick up a veteran LT...
Top Tier Cover SS - It's safe to say the FO got their man in Reid at FS. Dahl seems like a viable backup at both SS/FS and will also help a ton on ST. That said, Whitner still can't cover esp. in the RZ and looks even slower to me so far in pre season; so scheme will have to be the theme for 2013 here. Fangio is going to have to put Reid 1on1 on the Boldin's and tall slot TE's of the world. That said, he didn't do that with Goldson, so why would he with Reid? Nothing else to report here save for Spillman and perhaps, Robinson (if he even makes it; short as well). We shouldn't have to rely solely on the pass rush esp. in the RZ where passes are typically made less than a 3-step drop and right down the middle of the field (I'm looking at you Whitner and the underneath coverage of Willis/Bowman!).
Top Kickoff Coverage Unit/Ace Kick-Punt Returner - Our best gunners this pre season by far were Lockette, Morris and Osgood. All are gone. And Moore may not be playing gunner on ST either if he isa primary WR. This is an ignored area of concern and it cost us in the (NFCCG and Superbowl) and it still affected us greatly in pre season. Cox has looked better than James (injured) but nobody would classify him as "dynamic/electric" and nobody fears him taking it to the house every time he touches the ball (like we do against every team we face, it seems). While some teams have 2 dynamic returners, we can't seem to find one. Now Patton is being tried out, Williams is back but hasn't taken a snap all pre season and Hawkins was cut; he looked like the only real viable "dynamic" returner who has some "it" to him. We seem to have good interior guys but not lightning speed outside. Spillman and Brock will rack up the tackles again on the outside but these are the same two gunners as last year and that unit was average, at best. Raymond Ventrone was given to Seely but he is also expected to be cut when others return and come off the PUP. I'm expecting Seely to resign any day now. LOL
Top or Second Tier DE - Tomsula had Christmas with getting Cornellius Carradine, Quinton Dial and a major project in Lawrence Okoye but he may not see any of them until Christmas 2013! That said, Tank and Dial will most likely be red-shirted this year (PUP) and Okoye is still hoping to make the PS. Fortunately, Dobbs continues to impress and is expected t supplant either Will Tukuafu or Tony Jerod-Eddie after week 1.
Top or Second Tier CB - In the end, we only kept 5 CB's. For a team that is historically facing 4+ WR sets and tends to suffer injuries here, this may be a little concerning. There is now a good chance we lose both Marcus Cooper and Darryl Morris. We are expecting Eric Wright back after week 6 though and hopefully, he'll be up to game speed.
Top or Second Tier NT - SCHEME is the new THEME in 2013! With keeping 6 DL, expect many more 4-man DL sets with plenty of outside pass rushers up at the LOS. Ian Williams thus far, has been tremendous and appears to be even better than Sopoaga/RJF and Glen Dorsey appears to be a viable rotation NT and he can also play DE. Lamar Divens may be added to the PS and developed ala Ian Williams last year.
Second Tier WR - Well, it seems like Moore or Patton will end up being the primary WR opposite Boldin. Crabtree's injury hurts a lot but thankfully we have an even more productive veteran in Boldin to ease that loss. Do not expect Crabtree back at all this year though IMHO. That said, we can expect Manningham back after week 6 which is why we will start the year with only 5 WR's: X = Marlon Moore/Jon Baldwin --- Y = Kyle Williams --- Z = Anquan Boldin/Quinton Patton. The important thing to remember here is that we run a "package offense" so ALL of these guys will be used in all WR positions depending on the play called by HaRoMan. And let's be honest here, keeping only 5 WR's is a strong indication that we plan on using Vernon Davis and Vance McDonald a ton, lining them up everywhere to create mismatches. So lower your expectations in terms of total receptions from the WR group this year. I saw a couple times this pre season where we ran a 5-receiver set and only one of those players was a WR.
Second Tier C - In the end we stayed with the wiley vet, Jonathan Goodwin and his inflated salary but Daniel Kilgore put up quite the fight. Also, Looney has been working out at LG and C and he looks much much better at C. In fact, he looks legit at C.
Third Tier FB - This was a big concern of mine because we had nobody behind Bruce Miller and he is vital to our running game (and can catch). The team then cut Jason Schepler so my concern remained. But low-and-behold, Harbaugh goes out and gets "his" guy in Owen Marecic. He should fit in nicely in an offense he already knows and should add some ST value as well.
Third Tier TE - Harbauh got HIS man in Vance McDonald here too. Davis, McDonald and Celek should abolsutely tear it up this year. And most are expecting MarQueis Gray to get devloped in the PS.

Roster as of 9/17:

Offense: (25)
QB (3): Colin Kaepernick, Colt McCoy and B.J. Daniels
RB (4): Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Anthony Dixon and LaMichael James; Marcus Lattimore (PUP)
FB (1): Bruce Miller
WR (5): X = Marlon Moore/Jon Baldwin --- Y = Kyle Williams --- Z = Anquan Boldin/Quinton Patton; Mario Manningham & Michael Crabtree (PUP)
TE (4): Vernon Davis, Vance McDonald, Garrett Celek and Chris Harper (H-Back)
OT (3): Joe Staley, Anthony Davis and Adam Snyder (Alex Boone); Luke Marquardt (PUP)
OG (3): Mike Iupati, Alex Boone and Joe Looney (Adam Snyder)
C (2): Jonathan Goodwin and Daniel Kilgore (Joe Looney)

Defense: (23)
DE (4): Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, Demarcus Dobbs and Tony Jerod-Eddie; Quinton Dial & Tank Carradine (PUP)
NT (1): Glenn Dorsey; Ian Williams (I.R.)
OLB (4): Aldon Smith, Ahmad Brooks, Corey Lemonier and Dan Skuta
ILB (4): Patrick Willis, NaVorro Bowman, Michael Wilhoite and Nathan Stupar; Nick Moody (I.R. designated to return)
CB (5): Tarell Brown, Carlos Rogers, Nnamdi Asomugha, Perrish Cox and Tramaine Brock; Chris Culliver & Eric Wright (I.R. & PUP)
S (5): Donte Whitner, Eric Reid, Craig Dahl, C.J. Spillman and Raymond Ventrone

Special Teams: (3)
PK: Phil Dawson
P: Andy Lee
LS: Kevin McDermott
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 17, 2013 at 7:28 AM ]
Marecic is still not listed on the team roster page. Are they just kicking his tires? Or did they actually sign him? I the other moves have been made on the page.

Guys that could still be cut in favor of injured players or pick ups from another team--

S: Ventrone
ILB: Moody or Stupar
OLB: Skuta or Johnson
DE: Tukuafu or Jerod Eddie
CB: Brock
RB: Dixon
WR: Moore or Baldwin
OL: Snyder

I'm a bit surprised they only kept five WRs but I guess VD and James make that possible.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Marecic is still not listed on the team roster page. Are they just kicking his tires? Or did they actually sign him? I the other moves have been made on the page.

Guys that could still be cut in favor of injured players or pick ups from another team--

S: Ventrone
ILB: Moody or Stupar
OLB: Skuta or Johnson
DE: Tukuafu or Jerod Eddie
CB: Brock
RB: Dixon
WR: Moore or Baldwin
OL: Snyder

I'm a bit surprised they only kept five WRs but I guess VD and James make that possible.

Hard to argue with this list!
Updated:

Practics Squad as of today:
RB Jewel Hampton - may get some snaps with James on the shelf for a while
CB Darryl Morris - great keep with real slot potential
WR Chuck Jacobs - decent
LT Carter Bykowski -
RT Patrick Omameh -
NT Mike Purcell - would much rather have Lamar Divens (if that's OK with Brooks)
S Michael Thomas - meh
TE Derek Carrier - don't know much about him

Notes:
Harper signed a 3-year deal with us.
Okoye is on IR, I dont think he took a settlement.Our last PS spot is open still.
Divens got an injury settlement - he was not "retained" via the I.R. label like Okoye.
Celek and Stupar are the most likely to get cut next. Stupar may be the guy cut, if we add FB Owen Marecic.
Celek, could he be cut if we think Harper will work out for us?
A guy like Ventrone may stay to keep Seely from resigning.
We need to make a choice between TJE or Tukuafu when Dobbs comes back after Week 1. Or do we cut Stupar or Celek?
We still don't have a veteran Tackle.
Don't forget, we have a slew of players who could come back after Week 6.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 3, 2013 at 3:51 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
This is so far off from what the real 53 man will be I just have to quote it. Wow.

Major issues:
Tolzien and Daniels both make it?
Dixon cut?
2 FB's!?!?!?!?!
Kyle Williams cut?
Gray over Morrah and Celek?
Okoye makes the 53 man?
Dobbs and Tufuaku cut?
Haralson cut?
Brock cut?

I would bet money that more of those predictions don't occur than do occur.

You can see my rationale in post #251 above. But let's review...

Any of you who know me know I tend to think a little outside the box and "big picture" and down-the-road. So you'll see this theme in my first projection.

Tolzien and Daniels both make it? - Tolzien IS our experienced veteran (McCoy); he's just more experienced that McCoy in OUR offense and no pre-season is going to be enough to unseat Tolzien IMHO. THe coaching staff, IMHO, feels very comfortable with Tolzien should CK ever go down. And B.J. is another hand-picked QB by Harbaugh who adds in several other areas as well.
Dixon cut? - Dixon adds next to nothing in production but adds a ton in character and cheerleading/positivity. He's a good ST player. He barely made the team last year and this year he'll be gone.
2 FB's!?!?!?!?! - FB is an under-appreciated position and we've been "lucky" Miller has been healthy. But the coaching staff brought in TWO FB's this year b/c they know they need depth there just in case. With a full off season, I expect Roman will install a few more FB plays (like the long TD Miller had his rookie season). Both need to contribute on ST's though and be able to line up out of the Q. ANd Tukuafu is done here so if Miller does go down, who's his backup for Gore?
Kyle Williams cut? - this one can go any way and about 30 different directions. But I think we end up finding that James and others like AJ or Patton or others show more potential on returning kicks. Both AJ and Patton probably have more upside than Williams (and are healthier), this could be a surprise here. Then the question is, if you DON'T cut him, who do you cut between AJ and Patton? Lockette? Lockette is the most viable like-option behind our bigger WR's in Crabtree and Boldin. Period.
Gray over Morrah and Celek? - Gray has loads of talent and is already being moved all over the place. This dude is becoming the old H-back that Delanie Walker became and will be brought along slowly the same way. With Roman's Q formations, this guys is going to create WAY more mismatches than Morrah/Celek could ever bring...and he can be on the field at the same time VD and McDonald are! And really, what does Morrah/Celek really bring to our offense?
Okoye makes the 53 man? - absolutely! The 47th-53rd position last year was reserved for a truck load of developmental players and many of them were at more technical positions such as RG, C, WR, etc. We're talking about a backup RDE behind Justin Smith and Tank Carradine. He's protected on the 53 and is there for insurance in case Tank needs more time as well. He'll be brought along slowly.
Dobbs and Tufuaku cut? - Dobbs played great with Aldon and if he is fully healthy he could really push a guy off or down the roster but he is going to have to play out of his mind. Tukuafu has no shot at all IMHO.
Haralson cut? - one thing the coaching staff has demonstrated is that they don't like one-dimensional players. In fact, name one currently on the roster. The last one is Haralson. He adds ZERO in pass rush and coverage and should Aldon go down, that is a MONSTER drop off in pass rush. If either Cam or Fleming demonstrate ANY kind of pass rush ability while also being above average in run defense, sealing the edge and show any additional skills in drop-back coverage, Haralson is gone. This team needs an OLB who is well-rounded and can step in for a starter. Also, with Haralson in, it signals he's in there for run defense only...it eliminates the unpredictability of the 3-4.
Brock cut? - this is one I need more time to think about but I've been paying attention to Baalke and his obvious push for bigger, taller, stronger, faster, CB's who can play physical and in press (Cooper). Brock is an excellent ST. He's not a bad DB either. We signed him early for insurance to a LT deal. One option would be to keep both and push someone else off the roster. We probably should keep 6 CB's but then again, I have us carrying 5 S's and C.J. Spillman and Trenton Robinson may be able to play multiple positions.

Lets revisit this.
Tolzien and Daniels both make it? 1/2 not bad, good call on Daniels. But you thinking our #2 would get cut gives you a miss on this.
Dixon cut? Another swing and a miss
2 FB's!?!?!?!?! Nope, but Marecic may change that picture somewhat
Kyle Williams cut? LOL, this was so far off it isn't even funny. He didn't even play in the preseason and made the team that is how much of a lock he was
Gray over Morrah and Celek? Nope
Okoye makes the 53 man? Haha, no
Dobbs and Tukuafu cut? Nope
Haralson cut? I'll give you this one considering the trade and your LB predictions were damn good, props. You even had Cam making it.
Brock cut? Nope, not even close.

So out of those you got 1 right and 8 wrong. I'll give ya extra credit for calling the Brian Jennings cut, nice job!

I like your thinking outside the box but everyone knew those crazy predictions were unlikely to happen and lo and behold one did come true but the majority didn't. Anyway, this isn't an attack on you I enjoy you bringing some interesting debate to this place. Just wanted to finish off the conversation.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Howard Balzer ‏@HBalzer721

49ers not done looking at QBs. John Skelton tried out today. RB Leon Washington visited the Giants.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Howard Balzer ‏@HBalzer721

49ers not done looking at QBs. John Skelton tried out today. RB Leon Washington visited the Giants.

John Skelton.....

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
John Skelton.....

This is so far off from what the real 53 man will be I just have to quote it. Wow.

Major issues:
Tolzien and Daniels both make it?
Dixon cut?
2 FB's!?!?!?!?!
Kyle Williams cut?
Gray over Morrah and Celek?
Okoye makes the 53 man?
Dobbs and Tufuaku cut?
Haralson cut?
Brock cut?

I would bet money that more of those predictions don't occur than do occur.

You can see my rationale in post #251 above. But let's review...

Any of you who know me know I tend to think a little outside the box and "big picture" and down-the-road. So you'll see this theme in my first projection.

Tolzien and Daniels both make it? - Tolzien IS our experienced veteran (McCoy); he's just more experienced that McCoy in OUR offense and no pre-season is going to be enough to unseat Tolzien IMHO. THe coaching staff, IMHO, feels very comfortable with Tolzien should CK ever go down. And B.J. is another hand-picked QB by Harbaugh who adds in several other areas as well.
Dixon cut? - Dixon adds next to nothing in production but adds a ton in character and cheerleading/positivity. He's a good ST player. He barely made the team last year and this year he'll be gone.
2 FB's!?!?!?!?! - FB is an under-appreciated position and we've been "lucky" Miller has been healthy. But the coaching staff brought in TWO FB's this year b/c they know they need depth there just in case. With a full off season, I expect Roman will install a few more FB plays (like the long TD Miller had his rookie season). Both need to contribute on ST's though and be able to line up out of the Q. ANd Tukuafu is done here so if Miller does go down, who's his backup for Gore?
Kyle Williams cut? - this one can go any way and about 30 different directions. But I think we end up finding that James and others like AJ or Patton or others show more potential on returning kicks. Both AJ and Patton probably have more upside than Williams (and are healthier), this could be a surprise here. Then the question is, if you DON'T cut him, who do you cut between AJ and Patton? Lockette? Lockette is the most viable like-option behind our bigger WR's in Crabtree and Boldin. Period.
Gray over Morrah and Celek? - Gray has loads of talent and is already being moved all over the place. This dude is becoming the old H-back that Delanie Walker became and will be brought along slowly the same way. With Roman's Q formations, this guys is going to create WAY more mismatches than Morrah/Celek could ever bring...and he can be on the field at the same time VD and McDonald are! And really, what does Morrah/Celek really bring to our offense?
Okoye makes the 53 man? - absolutely! The 47th-53rd position last year was reserved for a truck load of developmental players and many of them were at more technical positions such as RG, C, WR, etc. We're talking about a backup RDE behind Justin Smith and Tank Carradine. He's protected on the 53 and is there for insurance in case Tank needs more time as well. He'll be brought along slowly.
Dobbs and Tufuaku cut? - Dobbs played great with Aldon and if he is fully healthy he could really push a guy off or down the roster but he is going to have to play out of his mind. Tukuafu has no shot at all IMHO.
Haralson cut? - one thing the coaching staff has demonstrated is that they don't like one-dimensional players. In fact, name one currently on the roster. The last one is Haralson. He adds ZERO in pass rush and coverage and should Aldon go down, that is a MONSTER drop off in pass rush. If either Cam or Fleming demonstrate ANY kind of pass rush ability while also being above average in run defense, sealing the edge and show any additional skills in drop-back coverage, Haralson is gone. This team needs an OLB who is well-rounded and can step in for a starter. Also, with Haralson in, it signals he's in there for run defense only...it eliminates the unpredictability of the 3-4.
Brock cut? - this is one I need more time to think about but I've been paying attention to Baalke and his obvious push for bigger, taller, stronger, faster, CB's who can play physical and in press (Cooper). Brock is an excellent ST. He's not a bad DB either. We signed him early for insurance to a LT deal. One option would be to keep both and push someone else off the roster. We probably should keep 6 CB's but then again, I have us carrying 5 S's and C.J. Spillman and Trenton Robinson may be able to play multiple positions.

Lets revisit this.
Tolzien and Daniels both make it? 1/2 not bad, good call on Daniels. But you thinking our #2 would get cut gives you a miss on this.
Dixon cut? Another swing and a miss
2 FB's!?!?!?!?! Nope, but Marecic may change that picture somewhat
Kyle Williams cut? LOL, this was so far off it isn't even funny. He didn't even play in the preseason and made the team that is how much of a lock he was
Gray over Morrah and Celek? Nope
Okoye makes the 53 man? Haha, no
Dobbs and Tukuafu cut? Nope
Haralson cut? I'll give you this one considering the trade and your LB predictions were damn good, props. You even had Cam making it.
Brock cut? Nope, not even close.

So out of those you got 1 right and 8 wrong. I'll give ya extra credit for calling the Brian Jennings cut, nice job!

I like your thinking outside the box but everyone knew those crazy predictions were unlikely to happen and lo and behold one did come true but the majority didn't. Anyway, this isn't an attack on you I enjoy you bringing some interesting debate to this place. Just wanted to finish off the conversation.

How fun, I forgot about these! And man, a lot happened between the time of this old response to my final 53 too, huh? Yeah, I certainly qualified thinking outside the box and I knew full well, I'd only get a couple right...it's what "I" would do vs. what the "FO" would do! I don't have to deal with the consequences though; they do. Haha.

I appreciate the extra credit too!!! I hated myself for picking Jennings to get cut...haha

Lets revisit this.
Tolzien and Daniels both make it? 1/2 not bad, good call on Daniels. But you thinking our #2 would get cut gives you a miss on this - to be fair, Tolzien regressed faster than any QB I've ever seen and in my final 53, I did have CK, Dorsey & Daniels. No way could I stick with Tolzien!
Dixon cut? Another swing and a miss - same here. I genuinely thought he had ZERO chance but man, he balled out. He still sucks at blitz pick up and isn't a pure FB by any means but he slimmed down and ran much better esp. out in the flats. He flat out earned it and I'm happy for him. I had him making my final 53.
2 FB's!?!?!?!?! Nope, but Marecic may change that picture somewhat - this one was more of a "need" pick IMHO. People don't realize how much we use Miller and man, the drop off from him to Dixon would be huge. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up cutting a Dixon or someone else for Owen, personally.
Kyle Williams cut? LOL, this was so far off it isn't even funny. He didn't even play in the preseason and made the team that is how much of a lock he was - was this about kick returns? Lockette was certainly the type we were looking for but instead, went with Baldwin; Lockette was the first one snatched up after the cuts. Either way, I hope I wasn't advocating for cutting him altogether as AJ was later traded and Patton became healthy (and returned punts BTW). In my 53, I had Williams as my primary slot WR and probably would start out getting the most reps (initially). And it looks like James (is hurt) is still slated as the primary returner with Williams backing him up. Hmmmm.
Gray over Morrah and Celek? Nope - let's be honest here. Gray SHOULD have made it over Celek and after 7 teams vied to snatch him up, we went after Harper from Seattle. Now the question is, will Celek be cut once Harper gets down the Gray/Delanie Walker role?
Okoye makes the 53 man? Haha, no - hey, technically, he did make the 53. He's on I.R. and we hold his rights! It's a perfect chance to learn all year w/o the chance of losing him!
Dobbs and Tukuafu cut? Nope - I was right about Dobbs (primary RDE backup) and I still think Tukuafu gets cut either after Dobbs returns Week 2 or after Week 6 with a number of other players returning.
Haralson cut? I'll give you this one considering the trade and your LB predictions were damn good, props. You even had Cam making it. - I was right on Cam for 24 hours; obviously, I don't agree with the trade. LMAO
Brock cut? Nope, not even close. - Brock is paid too much to be cut and he played well this off season but let's be honest, I think we'd all rather have both Cooper and Morris instead of him. Both play ST as well and Morris is a lightning fast gunner. You can't teach what Cooper/Morris have but b/c of finances (he just re-up'd his contract this past off season), he wasn't going anywhere. Cooper was snatched up quickly but for now, we still at least have Morris.

Here was my final 53: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/173235-guess-the-53/page46/

So I guess I'm not as crazy after all...OR, perhaps, I'm just as crazy as our FO!? LOL Either way, it's fun to put yourself out there and make some early predictions and then go back and see how it all shaped up in the end! Thanks for pulling this up and playing along as well...
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 3, 2013 at 3:04 PM ]
Maybe they wanna use Skelton as a practice dummy for pass-rush. He worked pretty well last year (Alex Smith's last start).
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Maybe they wanna use Skelton as a practice dummy for pass-rush. He worked pretty well last year (Alex Smith's last start).

It's all a ploy to build up Okoye's confidence going against, perhaps, Netter, Bykowski and OMG with Skelton behind C. It's brilliant! Build 'em up Tomsula.

Don't forget, we have a slew of players who could come back after Week 6.

Who are the guys "on the bubble" when we get Manningham and possibly Dial, Carridine, Wright, or Crabtree back? Who does when Dobbs comes back after week 1?

I don't really have 5 guys I want to cut ...or are we counting on injuries by that time?

Do we choose between Harper and Celek?

TJE and Tukuafu?

Which WR is the first to go if Manningham comes back? What about if Crabtree is able to return?
Share 49ersWebzone