There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 Team Needs - Updates

2013 Draft Class - all signed, sealed and delivered! Boom!

Man, looking back on page 17, post #245, this, by FAR, is going to be the hardest 53 to predict. And come 2 weeks from now, it's going to get even more convoluted. Who will be your surprises? HarBaalke ALWAYS have at least 2 or 3 real surprises. Always.
Originally posted by NCommand:
2013 Draft Class - all signed, sealed and delivered! Boom!

Man, looking back on page 17, post #245, this, by FAR, is going to be the hardest 53 to predict. And come 2 weeks from now, it's going to get even more convoluted. Who will be your surprises? HarBaalke ALWAYS have at least 2 or 3 real surprises. Always.

exactly, and credit to Baalke for assembling a stacked squad!
We have an excellent FO and like NCommand said Baalke will have a least one more surprise before the season starts.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
We have an excellent FO and like NCommand said Baalke will have a least one more surprise before the season starts.

Agree with Frisco and you, LVW!

Does anyone have any realistic predictions for what surprise we may see? I had quite a few on my 53 (will get a couple right) but it seems, there is always one or two guys that make the team that we just didn't see...or a late signing we don't think much of but comes in and is integral to our success.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Does anyone have any realistic predictions for what surprise we may see? I had quite a few on my 53 (will get a couple right) but it seems, there is always one or two guys that make the team that we just didn't see...or a late signing we don't think much of but comes in and is integral to our success.

I'll take a stab at it! I'll say Raymond Ventrone beats out Spillman or Robinson for the 5th safety spot, and becomes an integral part of our special teams coverage units. Think Colin Jones 2.0
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Does anyone have any realistic predictions for what surprise we may see? I had quite a few on my 53 (will get a couple right) but it seems, there is always one or two guys that make the team that we just didn't see...or a late signing we don't think much of but comes in and is integral to our success.

I'll take a stab at it! I'll say Raymond Ventrone beats out Spillman or Robinson for the 5th safety spot, and becomes an integral part of our special teams coverage units. Think Colin Jones 2.0

Hey that's a good one given the monster emphasis on ST now! I like it!
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'll take a stab at it! I'll say Raymond Ventrone beats out Spillman or Robinson for the 5th safety spot, and becomes an integral part of our special teams coverage units. Think Colin Jones 2.0

Should of never traded him, which player did that pick turn in to btw does anyone know off the top of their head?
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'll take a stab at it! I'll say Raymond Ventrone beats out Spillman or Robinson for the 5th safety spot, and becomes an integral part of our special teams coverage units. Think Colin Jones 2.0

Should of never traded him, which player did that pick turn in to btw does anyone know off the top of their head?

We traded him for a 2014 7th rounder.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Does anyone have any realistic predictions for what surprise we may see? I had quite a few on my 53 (will get a couple right) but it seems, there is always one or two guys that make the team that we just didn't see...or a late signing we don't think much of but comes in and is integral to our success.

I'll take a stab at it! I'll say Raymond Ventrone beats out Spillman or Robinson for the 5th safety spot, and becomes an integral part of our special teams coverage units. Think Colin Jones 2.0

I have Celek stepping up big time and beating out Gray for the #3 TE spot.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I have Celek stepping up big time and beating out Gray for the #3 TE spot.

I think Celek is the safe choice. Anyone know his role as a ST? Is he any good? Celek seems like he would be a good poor-man's Brent Jones if we ran a traditional WCO. Unfortunately, we don't run a traditional WCO. So that is why I picked a guy like Gray who is already being groomed to be a swiss-army knife like Walker. Should McDonald or VD go down, we may need him. If Celek proves to be more valuable in an injury-scenario, the coaches may lean that way. There seems to be a strong emphasis on the 2nd year guys now. Who would be better, more valuable on ST? With the ball in their hands? IQ? More athletic? Has a higher ceiling? More versatile? Tough calls for this coaching staff! And that is a good thing...
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I have Celek stepping up big time and beating out Gray for the #3 TE spot.

I think Celek is the safe choice. Anyone know his role as a ST? Is he any good? Celek seems like he would be a good poor-man's Brent Jones if we ran a traditional WCO. Unfortunately, we don't run a traditional WCO. So that is why I picked a guy like Gray who is already being groomed to be a swiss-army knife like Walker. Should McDonald or VD go down, we may need him. If Celek proves to be more valuable in an injury-scenario, the coaches may lean that way. There seems to be a strong emphasis on the 2nd year guys now. Who would be better, more valuable on ST? With the ball in their hands? IQ? More athletic? Has a higher ceiling? More versatile? Tough calls for this coaching staff! And that is a good thing...

Celek is a great blocker, and we need that b/c i dont think Vance will be doing any blocking whatsoever. Gray could make the PS though IMO.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Celek is a great blocker, and we need that b/c i dont think Vance will be doing any blocking whatsoever. Gray could make the PS though IMO.

That very well could end up being the case!
P Colton Schmidt - Championship!
CB Lowell Rose waived before training camp.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 19, 2013 at 10:45 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
CB Lowell Rose waived before training camp.

bigger loss this year than Crabs