Alright great time to revisit this one and see how we did as well as plan for needs going forward:
This is what I had after the FA signings and coming into the draft and here is what we did. These were my priorities in order of importance (check post #1 for more details):
- Duh...we're working on this one and like one draft prognosticator said, "...Baalke is building a dynasty!"
Top Tier FS (may need a & SS as well)
- it's safe to say the FO got their man! Reid, come on down. And BTW: "can your daughter play too?"
Top Tier TE
- Roman got HIS man in Vance McDonald. Team also brought in MarQueis Gray as a project as well.
Top Tier DE
- Tomsula just had Christmas with getting Cornellius Carradine, Quinton Dial and a major project in Lawrence Okoye and to a lesser degree, Mike Purcell. He, obviously, has been a good boy all year long!
Top or Second Tier CB
- exactly like the NT position below, only picking up Marcus Cooper screams to me SCHEME is the THEME. Look for bigger, stronger, taller more physical starting CB's this year to play press more and perhaps, all across the DB lineup. Look for our shiftier CB's to move into the slot to cover the micro-talented WR's of Harvin and Austin. Maybe even Darryl Morris?
Top or Second Tier NT
- well, let's be real here. Passing up every single NT in the draft tell me SCHEME is the new THEME in 2013. Look for many more 4-man DL and inside and outside pass rushers.
Second Tier WR
- seriously? With AJ red-shirted last year, we're about to see his skill set and THEN we added Patton as well to the mix?
Second Tier T
- we needed a "swing" T so we got two: Carter Bykowski and Luke Marquardt
Second Tier C
- Patrick Omameh and Sherman Carter were added to compete with our red shirted Looney and Kilgore
Second Tier OLB
- Corey Lemonier was added as an Ahmad Brooks clone
Second Tier WR/KR
- I have read that Patton has addition skills as returning kicks but we didn't pick up a "true" return man here and we still have James/Williams for now. Maybe AJ as well. We also recently picked up WR/KR Chuck Jacobs, Utah State.
Second Tier PK/ST
- we are LOADED on ST's now. More additions include Nick Moody to back up Willis/Bowman and hell, we even picked up B.J. Daniels for the PS so the defense can practice against a Russel Wilson clone all year! We also got taller with many of the DE's and additions.
And did I mentioned we also acquired a 3rd for next year AND Gire 2.0? We also may have picked up a key backup to Miller in Alex Debniak.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 29, 2013 at 6:45 PM ]