There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 Team Needs - Updates

Updated AB.

So, these are the needs I predict, in order, but obviously, the draft will dictate who and when we take them. But what are your position predictions?

Top Tier FS
Top Tier TE
Top Tier DE
Top or Second Tier NT
Second Tier WR
Second Tier T
Second Tier C
Second Tier OLB
Second Tier WR/KR
Second Tier PK/ST
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by NCommand:
BTW: It looks like we play ALL of the great running teams this year...power RB's and OL's. This is an area we struggled with last year.

Home Games will be against: Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, Atlanta, Carolina, Houston, Indianapolis, Green Bay
Away Games will be against: Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Washington

Are we going 2 DL early in this draft (NT and DE)?

all were ranked 19 and lower, except for bucks (15th)

I think we play against the same amount of "great" running teams

Atlanta now has St. Louis's RB...Jackson who was tough against us. My point is there aren't a ton of power running teams but it seemed like we played all of them last year (and they did well against us and opened up the play action); and this year seems to be the same if not more (pre-draft, anyhow).
Pretty awesome. They were showing contract comparisons of Willis (11th pick) and Revis (14th) and Willis has made $42M while Revis has made $72M and just signed a 6 year $96M contract. God I love our FO!
Updated Willis' restructured deal. We are now @ $2.15M under for the rookies.
Cross off FS, Cross off DE, Cross Off #2 TE

My updated needs would be, 3rd Tackle for sure.......... Then if we want some possibilities: SS, WR, CB, NT, OLB, C, Dixon Upgrade.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Pretty awesome. They were showing contract comparisons of Willis (11th pick) and Revis (14th) and Willis has made $42M while Revis has made $72M and just signed a 6 year $96M contract. God I love our FO!

I think that it is as much Willis being a team first, selfless, leader on our team as much as it was our front office.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Apr 26, 2013 at 8:48 PM ]
After day 2, our needs are"

1) OT
2) CB
3) C

then BPA among S, WR, RB, QB, NT, ILB
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
I think that it is as much Willis being a team first, selfless, leader on our team as much as it was our front office.

this
Is it just me, or does it seem to be a general consensus that the entire 2012 draft class, except LMJ, has been written off already??

Kilgore
Looney
Johnson
Fleming
Jenkins

Really y'all?? None of them contributed on a stacked team in 2012, therefore, they are all worthless??
Originally posted by Beeker:
Is it just me, or does it seem to be a general consensus that the entire 2012 draft class, except LMJ, has been written off already??

Kilgore
Looney
Johnson
Fleming
Jenkins

Really y'all?? None of them contributed on a stacked team in 2012, therefore, they are all worthless??

Right? I don't see us taking an O-linemen today, maybe depth at RB, but not because LMJ is a bust, but because we will take a flyer on guy who might not make the team, a guy to push Dixon, and Hampton perhaps.
I think Kilgore and Looney will definitely contribute this year and in the coming years, I see Looney having pretty good upside, was just injured. Fleming was also injured but the guys we drafted will likely push one of Fleming or Johnson to the PS. Both were nicked, tons of injuries in last year's class but both have talent. I see Fleming being another Haralson at best though because he is not that gifted a pass rusher but sets the edge well. Johnson is a talented pass rusher, just highly inconsistent. It will be interesting to see what they can do. If LMJ can continue to contribute, Kilgore, Looney and Jenkins (I pray) give us something, 4 contributors is not a bad draft.
  • CRUD
  • Member
  • Posts: 79
Hey, first post here. What do we think about Reid evaporating any chance of Woodson coming over? I like Reid but maybe a one year deal with Woodson would give us a little cushion? Possible? Too much $$? Too old? What do you guys think?
I think we are loaded and to me covered all of our needs for this year. I think we have put together the best possible team we could on paper. Now it will be about going out and getting it done. Here are my needs for next year's draft.

CB - Only Rogers and Culliver under contract after this year. Rogers could get cut after this season to save money on the cap. Brown, Nnamdi, Cox, Brock, are all FA's. I think we try to re-sign Brown but he could go elsewhere for more money. Could leave just Culliver.

SS - Whitner will likely be gone after this season. Doubt Trent Robinson or Spillman are the answer.

WR - Williams, Boldin are all FA's. Leaves us with Crabtree, Patton, Jenkins and possibly Lockette if he can go the year on the PS without getting stolen. I think if Boldin does well he comes back. Could see us choosing between re-signing Mario and Kyle or none at all if they can't come back strong from their injuries.

Possibly C - It's probably Goodwin this year unless we have to cut him to get under the cap. Looney is probably going to start in 2014 but if not it would be a big need.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 28, 2013 at 8:02 AM ]
We are going to be scary good.
Originally posted by CRUD:
Hey, first post here. What do we think about Reid evaporating any chance of Woodson coming over? I like Reid but maybe a one year deal with Woodson would give us a little cushion? Possible? Too much $$? Too old? What do you guys think?

I would take Woodson for a year to give Reid the chance to ease his way in, but I am not sure if the cap can stretch.