There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The new Cold War (re NFC West)

Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by NCommand:
None of this banter matters...it's still Seattle and they are still cursed. They will FIND a way not to get to the Superbowl...somehow, some way (see, last playoff game). This is one bet you CAN count on...every time...and any long-time Hawk fan will tell you that this is always in the back of their minds. Give it up to those continued believers though!

"Continued believers" would imply that most of these cats were fans before last season. Which is funny, because I don't recall seeing any Seahawks fans in this forum before they beat us in December.

you apparently didn't go back far enough, i joined here in October... other than the whole we'll find a way not to get to the superbowl part., i can't disagree with that post..

as far as the 5 losses, i never said they don't count , i just stated they happened in the first half of the season.. and went on to say our offense improved dramatically since then, and will be even better (on paper at least) next season.. so i don't see why people are still saying we can't win away from our crutch.. still haven't seen any legitmate reasons why that is, other than we're the Hawks, we can't win on the road.

Not to be an antagonist, but the Hawks don't have a good all time road record, so I'm guessing that it's based on history?
hawker84 is cool...we should truly appreciate this fan after dealing with the come-and-go Raven's fans we had in here!
Originally posted by hawker84:
you apparently didn't go back far enough, i joined here in October... other than the whole we'll find a way not to get to the superbowl part., i can't disagree with that post..

as far as the 5 losses, i never said they don't count , i just stated they happened in the first half of the season.. and went on to say our offense improved dramatically since then, and will be even better (on paper at least) next season.. so i don't see why people are still saying we can't win away from our crutch.. still haven't seen any legitmate reasons why that is, other than we're the Hawks, we can't win on the road.

Ok. So you make one. Congrats.

Two, I fully agree that you guys will have little problem winning away from the clink. I mean, if we just ignore the times you lost, I don't see how it could be argued that you'll go undefeated.

Clear as day to me.
Originally posted by hawker84:
yes let's disregard all those pesky numbers and stats.. and let's go on history....because it obviously can't be done if no ones done it right? then again you could be spot on...

do you think that teams will be doing the same for Kap, and maybe his numbers fall a bit?

What is it you think anyone can do about Kaepernick? I've already stated my opinion on what they can do about Wilson - take advantage of his height disadvantage. What exactly is the answer for Kaepernick? What inherent aspect of Kaepernick can a defense use to their advantage? I'd really like to know. Because the majority of you Seahawk fans seem to think Kaepernick is some sort of "gimmick." What exactly is the gimmick?
i don't even understand that post...
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by hawker84:
yes let's disregard all those pesky numbers and stats.. and let's go on history....because it obviously can't be done if no ones done it right? then again you could be spot on...

do you think that teams will be doing the same for Kap, and maybe his numbers fall a bit?

What is it you think anyone can do about Kaepernick? I've already stated my opinion on what they can do about Wilson - take advantage of his height disadvantage. What exactly is the answer for Kaepernick? What inherent aspect of Kaepernick can a defense use to their advantage? I'd really like to know. Because the majority of you Seahawk fans seem to think Kaepernick is some sort of "gimmick." What exactly is the gimmick?

The only thing I've seen that has been somewhat effective against Kaep so far is to blitz him non-stop. I hope every team the 49ers play this year tries this. Kape has shown he can beat the blitz (mostly).
i don't think he's a gimmic at all.. i think he's a superstar in the making.. i'm just curious if you think the defenses will gameplan to try and slow him down.. i understand he's 6'5" with a rocket arm and wheels, but surely other teams have faced qb's like this in the past and have successfully gameplanned them.. right? so why will he be any different?
Seems NFL.com (stop laughing) likes the 49ers chances at this point in time ....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151885/article/nfl-power-rankings-49ers-claim-no-1-amid-free-agency-frenzy
everybody has there opinions? LOL

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/74371/espn-coms-nfl-pre-draft-power-rankings-2
Originally posted by Beeker:
Seems NFL.com (stop laughing) likes the 49ers chances at this point in time ....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151885/article/nfl-power-rankings-49ers-claim-no-1-amid-free-agency-frenzy

Irrelevant. Clearly the writer didn't watch the Seahawks last eight games. Which were far superior to any other team in the league, when you don't count any of their losses.
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Seems NFL.com (stop laughing) likes the 49ers chances at this point in time ....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151885/article/nfl-power-rankings-49ers-claim-no-1-amid-free-agency-frenzy

Irrelevant. Clearly the writer didn't watch the Seahawks last eight games. Which were far superior to any other team in the league, when you don't count any of their losses.

Originally posted by baltien:
Irrelevant. Clearly the writer didn't watch the Seahawks last eight games. Which were far superior to any other team in the league, when you don't count any of their losses.

i mean seriously , what are you trying to say.. that the Seahawks didn't improve as the season went on.. i'm really trying to understand your point here, sarcasim off. and as funny as you think your post is, it's not far from the truth.. name one team hotter than us going into the playoffs?
Originally posted by Beeker:
The only thing I've seen that has been somewhat effective against Kaep so far is to blitz him non-stop. I hope every team the 49ers play this year tries this. Kape has shown he can beat the blitz (mostly).

Yeah, that's what I would expect. The only problem with that approach is that he got consistently better against the blitz as his starts wore on. He absolutely destroyed the Packers blitz, he was actually more effective when the Falcons blitzed than when they didn't and over half his yardage in the SB came against Ravens blitzes.
Originally posted by hawker84:
i don't think he's a gimmic at all.. i think he's a superstar in the making.. i'm just curious if you think the defenses will gameplan to try and slow him down.. i understand he's 6'5" with a rocket arm and wheels, but surely other teams have faced qb's like this in the past and have successfully gameplanned them.. right? so why will he be any different?
I'm assuming most defenses will try to contain him and not let him get around the edge. The problem with this approach is that he's been statistically more accurate with his passes than most big-armed QB's, especially young ones and he's been a LOT more accurate than most QB's who are considered runners.

If I were forced to come up with anything wrong with his game, it might be his long, baseball-like delivery. But, as I've watched him, I've become less worried about that because he seems to be one of those players who has a great feel for what's going on around him. And, he doesn't actually always rare back and throw like that anyway. Lots of times on dumps and shorter range shots he just sort of throws the ball like he's throwing a dart.

Honestly, I know I'm going to sound like a massive homer here, but I've been watching the NFL for over 50 years and I've thought about it a lot and I can't think of any young QB I've ever seen that I felt had more upside than Colin Kaepernick.
Originally posted by hawker84:
i mean seriously , what are you trying to say.. that the Seahawks didn't improve as the season went on.. i'm really trying to understand your point here, sarcasim off. and as funny as you think your post is, it's not far from the truth.. name one team hotter than us going into the playoffs?

None. We agree is what I'm saying.

You guys were bar none the hottest team in the league going into the playoffs. That is readily apparent when you don't count losing to the Falcons. In fact, if you ignore everything that happened after that point, you guys were the best team in all of football last year.

Hands down.
[ Edited by baltien on Mar 19, 2013 at 12:00 PM ]
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Yeah, that's what I would expect. The only problem with that approach is that he got consistently better against the blitz as his starts wore on. He absolutely destroyed the Packers blitz, he was actually more effective when the Falcons blitzed than when they didn't and over half his yardage in the SB came against Ravens blitzes.
I'm assuming most defenses will try to contain him and not let him get around the edge. The problem with this approach is that he's been statistically more accurate with his passes than most big-armed QB's, especially young ones and he's been a LOT more accurate than most QB's who are considered runners.

If I were forced to come up with anything wrong with his game, it might be his long, baseball-like delivery. But, as I've watched him, I've become less worried about that because he seems to be one of those players who has a great feel for what's going on around him. And, he doesn't actually always rare back and throw like that anyway. Lots of times on dumps and shorter range shots he just sort of throws the ball like he's throwing a dart.

Honestly, I know I'm going to sound like a massive homer here, but I've been watching the NFL for over 50 years and I've thought about it a lot and I can't think of any young QB I've ever seen that I felt had more upside than Colin Kaepernick.
my only knock on the guy that i can see is some of his decision making.. double clutching the ball like on the manningham play when he got hurt , or the over throw to Moss in the endzone.. seems like sometimes he waits for the reciever to get open then tries to drill it to them as apposed to throwing the reciever open.. if he does get pressure you can rattle him pretty good, but that could be said for a number of QB's.. other than that, he's a stud.