LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

49ers trade for Anquan Boldin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • BobS
  • Veteran
You realize we need to thank Joe Flacco for getting Boldin. The insane contract "Average" Joe Flacco got necessitated the Ravens dumping players they would have liked to have kept. Thanks again Joe Flacco for your greed!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Dang John Harbaugh really did hook it up!

The Ravens dumped Boldin's $6 million salary. And the 49ers acquired a starting receiver for a draft pick that probably would not have produced a player capable of making the 49ers' 53-man roster, anyway.

"It was a situation where we were really working hard to try to do something to make it work for Anquan to stay (with the Ravens)," John Harbaugh said. "And, I believe Anquan was working hard, too. But when it came down to it, the numbers didn't work work for either side.

"In the end, we decided to make a couple calls. We knew it wasn't going to work out, as far as changing the contract around. So we were going to lose him. We thought we could work it out in the best interest of both parties.

"That's when John Harbaugh decided to make a phone call directly to his younger brother.

"I called him up and said, 'Would you be interested?' He said, 'Heck yeah. I'll go talk to Trent,'" said John Harbaugh, referring to 49ers general manager Trent Baalke.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/harbaugh-calls-harbaugh-boldin-trade-ensues

it's at least he could have done..since the ravens got a little help in the SB

Yup. Even though he looks like a dummy right now for doin it.
ravens had to let boldin go one way or another when he wouldn't restructure his contract. they had too many holes to fill on defense. thank boldin for not restructuring and baalke for having the 49ers in a position where they could handle that salary. boldin probably would have been released by ravens had we not traded for him.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Resign him to a 3 year deal now!!!!

def would love to bring him back for at least 2 more seasons
Originally posted by AmpLee:
This is common knowledge around these parts. That being said, I find it hard to believe that if the Niners turned down the offer, that no other team would've given a sixth or seventh for him. 6m/year is more than fair for Boldin who proved last year that he still has plenty in the tank. I'm thankful that John called Jim first.

i'm not sure. boldin made noises about retiring if he were released. there are teams out there that may have traded a pick for him, too, but may have been hesitant to do so after those comments.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
worth a 6th round pick I guess
I think we can all safely say the curse of the #81 jersey is over.
Funny thing is I hated Boldin when he was with the Cards and was relieved when he got traded away to the Ravens (yet rekindled that hate in the SB).

He's my favorite WR now
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I f**king love Boldin

"f**k, i just pushed Anquan Boldin!!!" HAHAHAHA

5/
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

LOLLLL...he got swarmed by red.

LOL
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I think we have to thank Joe Flacco for being unable do much in the short or intermediate passing game. If he could do anything but throw 50 yard bombs, Boldin puts up numbers like he did in AZ and we probably cant get him for a 6th.
Baltimore's four wide receivers Thursday night: 15 catches, 215 yards, one touchdown.

The receiver Baltimore traded away for a sixth-round pick: 13 catches, 208 yards, one touchdown.

LMAO at Shields getting b***h-slapped. Dude didn't even realizing who he was messing with.
Share 49ersWebzone