There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers trade for Anquan Boldin

I had to pull this from NFL Talk lol:

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Ravens message board is lamenting the Boldin trade badly.

"Wow Boldin looks amazing. So much for not being able to get separation lol"

"An important point for the people assuming Boldin would be putting up games like this for us. San Fran has a unique ability to force defenders to play zone to keep Kaep from taking off, which Boldin excels against."

"They are also in the pistol formation 80% of the time which forces a defense to have 8 in the box. Funny thing is that I haven't seen them run a single option play."

"There he goes again lol."

"u think the niners will take a 6th round pick for boldin?"

"Boldin is going to end up with 208 catches, 3300 yards and 16 TDs."

http://russellstreetreport.com/forum/showthread.php?111902-Boldin-Today
Man that was damn good to see

Just wait till they sprinkle a little Patton in there

Ohhhhhh s**t
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
6th round pick!!!!

Ravens straight dissed Boldin after all hes done for that Franchise. I know it was because of salary reasons, but the Ravens didn't even ask him to lower his salary or whatever to help the team out.

How's that 6th round pick working out for Baltimore now, is he even on their roster. lol
Anyone think Anquan Boldin could be Jerry Rice like in having the ability to play at a high level well into his 30s (and in Rice's case, 40s) because of his work ethic, mental toughness, football smarts, and ability as a receiver?
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by GMniner805:
That is a #1 reciever gentleman. Hope Crabtree was taking notes.

Stop this nonsense. Boldin had a great game, but don't sit there and act like Crabtree has never had a big game. He went for 172 yards and 2 TDs against Arizona last season. Boldin's performance was only around 30 more yards, with one less TD.

Michael Crabtree is the #1 receiver on this team.

Crab is the #1 and will be for a long time, if we can pay him; HOWEVER, right now I am luvin' me some old tough meat Boldin style...
Thank you john Harbaugh! It's the least you could do.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
6th round pick!!!!

Ravens straight dissed Boldin after all hes done for that Franchise. I know it was because of salary reasons, but the Ravens didn't even ask him to lower his salary or whatever to help the team out.

How's that 6th round pick working out for Baltimore now, is he even on their roster. lol

I'm sure there was brotherly love involved there, like a consolidation prize cause they just beat us in he SB aswell
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Anyone think Anquan Boldin could be Jerry Rice like in having the ability to play at a high level well into his 30s (and in Rice's case, 40s) because of his work ethic, mental toughness, football smarts, and ability as a receiver?

If he keeps having games like yesterday, that's a lot on the body. If he can give us 2 more years at this level that would be great. Anything else would be gravy.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Thanks for doing me a solid, Bro.

LOL
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by kray28:
Boldin just looks so slow out there. I know it's an illusion though...he's a lot faster than he looks. His hands and footwork are the best of all our receivers.

It just goes to show you that being a good receiver isn't so much about speed as it is about technique.

The thing about him is he isn't that fast but he is sneaky. He finds holes other guys just don't see.

He also catches with his hands. I was yelling at the TV when Kyle Williams had his man beat. Kap threw it short but that's a catch if KW catches it with his hands rather than trying to basket catch it. Boldin simply rips it away from defenders.

This. Davis and Crabtree and all our receivers need to learn this from Boldin.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Blue Steel?

[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on Sep 9, 2013 at 8:01 AM ]
This dude is going to get to Superbowl rings back to back! And he deserves it.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Like the way this guy blocks too, dude put the hurt on a Puker on Kaepernicks run

I loved that play. Looked down and started talking s**t right after. I want a gif of that.

that made me go "DAAAAMMMMNNNN" Boldin is a BEAST!