LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

49ers trade for Anquan Boldin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erred:
Anquin Boldin has been one of the best football players on the field. He is a veteran and has had a successful career similar to Justin Smith. Tear up his 6 million dollar one year contract and sign him to a 3 year or 4 year deal.

This would lower the cap number in 2013 for Boldin
Lock up Boldin to play with Crabtree in the near future.
Bring the veteran teacher at the WR that the team needs.

Get it done Baalke. He is the best WR on the field.

I told a friend this today. If it keeps going this way, give Boldin a 2-3 year extension and just develop Patton, Moore, and Baldwin. Nothing against Crabtree, but he will be able to get much more than we can afford to pay. I guess the bright side is if they do resign him, we'll at least get one year of Boldin/Crabtree as starters in 2014.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I LOVE this guy. Wish he was always a Niner. His performance today was incredible.

He's been my favorite receiver since his rookie year in Arizona.. Plays Fysical
Stud
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Originally posted by Chaoslord209:
Originally posted by father49er:
Not sure why Capers didn't rotate the zone his side every time.

He was too busy trying to stop the read option instead...
Exactly the culprit, they sold out to stop the read option in almost every way scheme wise. My jaw was on the floor when they came out at half and defensively they had made almost no real adjustments when it was more then clear that the 9ers were more then ready to just let Kap sit back and pick apart Capers zone coverage
I think the Packers whole goal was to make sure our running game, whether it's Gore/Hunter or Kaepernick never got going. I think they could've cared less about the passing game. No worries. We'll just pass for over 400. Hopefully this monster game opens up more room for Gore and Hunter next week. I would also expect that guys like McDonald, Kyle Williams, and other receivers could be in line to have decent games considering the attention that our backs and Vernon Davis will receive.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Anquin Boldin has been one of the best football players on the field. He is a veteran and has had a successful career similar to Justin Smith. Tear up his 6 million dollar one year contract and sign him to a 3 year or 4 year deal.

I told a friend this today. If it keeps going this way, give Boldin a 2-3 year extension and just develop Patton, Moore, and Baldwin. Nothing against Crabtree, but he will be able to get much more than we can afford to pay. I guess the bright side is if they do resign him, we'll at least get one year of Boldin/Crabtree as starters in 2014.

Considering Boldin's style of play, I see no reason he couldn't still play at a high level for another 4 years. He's strong, knows the game, and doesn't rely on speed to get open. Plus he catches everything..

Give him an extension! And give that man his money...
Originally posted by YungAce:
still love this quote

"I called him up and said, 'Would you be interested?' He said, 'Heck yeah. I'll go talk to Trent"
—John Harbaugh on how Anquan Boldin trade transpired

still love this quote

"I called him up and said, 'Would you be interested?' He said, 'Heck yeah. I'll go talk to Trent"

Losing the SB to your brother has its consolation prize
I LOVE this guy. Wish he was always a Niner. His performance today was incredible.

This^. Awesome game today. I have been watching him since day one when he destroyed the rams. Very happy he's in a niner uni.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Like the way this guy blocks too, dude put the hurt on a Puker on Kaepernicks run

I loved that play. Looked down and started talking s**t right after. I want a gif of that.
I was thrilled when they announced the Boldin trade and dumbfounded at how little we gave up to get him. He's been one of my favorite receivers for years and felt he still had something left. Little did I know just how much!!! What a debut!!

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

+1...and then some!
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
still love this quote

Insider trading
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
still love this quote

Insider trading

Thanks for doing me a solid, Bro.

Flacco got paid Boldin got axed.. Lol. We came up! . If you listen you can hear Baltimore cring ! Dude was putting on a clinic, def the type of guy that makes people around him better. If we can have Boldin Crabtree Davis And McDonald on the field come playoffs we would be scary hard to stop
Share 49ersWebzone