LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

49ers trade for Anquan Boldin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
what a monster game. To me it didn't seem like he put up those kinda numbers. I mean I knew had a good game but not that beastly
That is a #1 reciever gentleman. Hope Crabtree was taking notes.
Not sure why Capers didn't rotate the zone his side every time.
Originally posted by father49er:

He was too busy trying to stop the read option instead...
WOW.

It's not that I was down on Boldin, but I really thought of him as an average starter at this point in his career.

I was wrong.

Dude is still a BEAST.

Can't wait for more
Just wait till Crabtree comes back
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Just wait till Crabtree comes back

Yeah having both of them healthy for the playoffs could be AMAZING...
Originally posted by Chaoslord209:
Originally posted by father49er:

He was too busy trying to stop the read option instead...
Exactly the culprit, they sold out to stop the read option in almost every way scheme wise. My jaw was on the floor when they came out at half and defensively they had made almost no real adjustments when it was more then clear that the 9ers were more then ready to just let Kap sit back and pick apart Capers zone coverage
Man, today's game AND we still have Breaking Bad tonight

Hell of a good Sunday
Originally posted by GMniner805:

Stop this nonsense. Boldin had a great game, but don't sit there and act like Crabtree has never had a big game. He went for 172 yards and 2 TDs against Arizona last season. Boldin's performance was only around 30 more yards, with one less TD.

Michael Crabtree is the #1 receiver on this team.

Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by GMniner805:

Stop this nonsense. Boldin had a great game, but don't sit there and act like Crabtree has never had a big game. He went for 172 yards and 2 TDs against Arizona last season. Boldin's performance was only around 30 more yards, with one less TD.

I don't disagree. Still with Crabs all the way.

THAT SAID.....it might be cheaper to extend Q and develop Patton and Moore....with Aldon and the Kapper coming up on big paydays.
Thank you based boldin!

And don't forget we had a ton of pass attempts today.
Anquan was a beast today, but so was Vernon. 98 yards, 200+ for Boldin. 412 Pass Yards for Kap. Imagine if Crabs and Mario were healthy, we could be unstoppable.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

And don't forget we had a ton of pass attempts today.

whats your point? Kap still completed almost 70% of his passes. Brady had 52 attempts with only 28 completions. Point being, big time QBs put the game on their shoulders.
Share 49ersWebzone